monster

always good to upgrade...ive owned my cadillac for alittle over a year
now and ive had 4 totally different systems in it....granted one got
stolen...but im still on my 4th. every setup is going to sound
different so experiment spend the extra bit of money and upgrade

--
monster
monster's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32773

Jason

Default Worth it to upgrade amp?

This is my current setup:
Pioneer DEH-2700
Infinity 6000cs Component set up front (90w RMS)
Sony XS-V1635X 6-1/2" 3-way's in the rear (65w RMS)
Sony XM-2200GTX pushing Alpine Type-E SWE-1241 one sub for each 200wRMS
channel
Lightning .5 farad cap hooked to the Sony Amp

Ok, I know it isn't expensive high quality sound but I think it sounds
decent and I don't have huge wads of cash to spend. It is definitely
much better than the stock that was in before. I'm already planning on
baffling the door speakers and putting dynamat or some variant thereof
on the doors and floor.

Right now I'm considering getting possibly a Alpine MRP-F240 (40x4) or
a Phoenix Gold Octane-R 5.0:4 (50x4). I have been out of the scene for
a loooooong time (think 8 years+) and PG was a good brand when I last
remember. Would it be worth it to add one of these amps to my system
and which one will probably do the best job? Mostly I feel like I run
out of room on the Infinity's and Sony's which are powered by the
Pioneer right now. I hope the baffling and matting will help keep
everything sounding clean but will it make that much of a difference to
go from a headunit rated at 22x4 up to the amp supported. One thing I
think will help is setting a High Pass crossover at around 80ish HZ
which either amp will allow me to do.

monster wrote:
always good to upgrade...ive owned my cadillac for alittle over a

year
now and ive had 4 totally different systems in it....granted one got
stolen...but im still on my 4th. every setup is going to sound
different so experiment spend the extra bit of money and upgrade

--
monster

monster's Profile:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32773
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=211243

It's call competiton. The street car audio is getting boomer every
year.
The size of sub is getting bigger and heavier. My car can't install
$500 alpine 1000Watts subwoofer. And it's damn heavy and there is no
space for it. I need a 4x4 truck for this...