Scot Clayton

Default Tascam DVRA1000 Audio Master Recorder (High Definition),

I'm considering this unit for my studio to add to my Masterlink, etc.
Has anyone here had any experience with it?
TNX in advance.
--
--Scot
www.RonnieJamesDio.org
yrplace

I have used the Tascam unit on several projects to archive 192 K and
88.2 mixes using external A-D converters. I greatly prefer it to the
Masterlink I own even at the same rates due to the Tascam's ability to
write directly to DVD + RW media.
This avoids the annoyance of having to either keep track of the length
os song files on the masterlink and then if need be edit them before
burning a disc.
The Tascam also has a kybd input which makes labelling mixes much much
easier. Don't know why the thing only comes with a wired remote, but I
haven't needed it anyway.
I can't comment on the Tascam's converters as I am not using them but
would guess they would be the equal or better than the Masterlink.
Lastly the Tascam accepts wordclock sync which the Masterlionk doesn't
making it better for direct playback into something like Pro-tools
(althouigh importing the Wave files from the discs is easier).
I'm planing to sell my Masterlink soon even tho it is less than six
months old. The tascam has most certainly taken its place in my studio.
Mark Linett

Scott Dorsey

yrplace wrote:
I'm planing to sell my Masterlink soon even tho it is less than six
months old. The tascam has most certainly taken its place in my studio.

And there's no problem with any of the mastering houses taking discs
made on the DVRA1000?

Scot Clayton

yrplace wrote:

This avoids the annoyance of having to either keep track of the length
os song files on the masterlink and then if need be edit them before
burning a disc.The tascam has most certainly taken its place in my studio.
Mark Linett

Mark, thanks for taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it. I
occasionally have the length problem with my Masterlink too, and the
Tascam would make a difference. I LOVE my Masterlink, but I'm definitely
leaning in picking up a Tascam. TNX