KellyL

Default Best lightweight (as in portablity) Mixer?

by Lightweight, I am speaking in terms of the weight of the mixer for
portability. My current setup is:
Powerbook G4 1.33Ghz RAM maxxed 60G HD,
E-Z QUEST "Pro Audio" external 7200 RPM 120 G HD
Pro Tools LE/MBox
Logic Pro 6
Cheap dynamic mic w/TEAC name appended.
(I'm currently playing with the mics in the B&H sound room)

I do voice over/sound design

Since I'm already using the MBox, the 002 Control surface seems
redundant. The Mackie U-Control looks doable, as it will work with Pro
Tools and Logic any other suggestions for my portable setup?

Boards I've used: mackie 1604 VLZ, Yamaha 01V

Thanks

Jim Gregory

By "lightweight and"portability", do you mean battery-/accumulator-operated?
As used on location by film/ENG crews? These are usually robust and far more
expensive than cheapo, say, 6-chnl mixers made to run off AC. Some portables
nowadays have hard-disk integration and digital bells&whistles..
Jim