Justin Ulysses Morse

xy wrote:

i was wondering if there is the equivalent of AES for super-expensive
stereo stuff. something in a convention center where all the
"rolls-royce" manufacturers of audiophile consumer audio strut their
stuff.

More than an exhibition of manufacturers, the AES is a peer review
organization for advancing the science of audio, acoustics, and
electronics. Such an organization for the audiophile consumer audio
community would be disastrous for manufacturers and dealers who depend
on consumer ignorance to support their inflated prices and gimmicky
products.

ulysses
Arny Krueger

Justin Ulysses Morse wrote:
xy wrote:

i was wondering if there is the equivalent of AES for super-expensive
stereo stuff. something in a convention center where all the
"rolls-royce" manufacturers of audiophile consumer audio strut their
stuff.

More than an exhibition of manufacturers, the AES is a peer review
organization for advancing the science of audio, acoustics, and
electronics. Such an organization for the audiophile consumer audio
community would be disastrous for manufacturers and dealers who depend
on consumer ignorance to support their inflated prices and gimmicky
products.

Nicely said. In fact the AES Exhibitions are in theory one of the lesser
important activities. However revunues from it pay many bills.

xy

too bad i missed it!

i'm in the NYC area, and AES is like going to see Santa Claus. But
only in town every other year.
xy

too bad i missed it!

i'm in the NYC area, and AES is like going to see Santa Claus. But
only in town every other year.

Geoff Wood

Ethan Winer wrote:
You are suggesting a cellphone is not adequate for playing
overcompressed music in the MP3 format?

AES for audiophiles ? That would be an ABS then, I guess ...

geoff

Justin Ulysses Morse

Geoff Wood -nospam wrote:

Ethan Winer wrote:
You are suggesting a cellphone is not adequate for playing
overcompressed music in the MP3 format?

AES for audiophiles ? That would be an ABS then, I guess ...

Audio Bull**** Society?

ulysses

Geoff Wood

Justin Ulysses Morse wrote:
Geoff Wood -nospam wrote:

Ethan Winer wrote:
You are suggesting a cellphone is not adequate for playing
overcompressed music in the MP3 format?

AES for audiophiles ? That would be an ABS then, I guess ...

Audio Bull**** Society?

Great minds ....

;-)

geoff