Jim Klein

Default "Best Sounds" example CDs

I'm going to be teaching some engineering classes this fall and would like
to put together some example CDs for the students to borrow for listening.
One disc will be various examples of excellent drum sounds, from Bonham to
Gadd to Soundgarden to Kind Of Blue. Another would be guitar sounds from
Michael Hedges to EVH to Jim Hall, etc. The concept is to broaden out the
students' perspective about what constitutes a "good" sound so that they
don't come to sessions with any preconceptions. I'd appreciate suggestions
for different cuts I can use for the following CDs:

Drums (Ambient, dry, and everything else in between)
Guitars
Bass (acoustic and electric)
Piano (from bright pop to jazz and classical)
Vocals

Thanks...... enjoy the telethon!!

knud

Bass (acoustic and electric)

Squeeze, Play, "Day After Day" killer double-tracked warm fretless bass.
Also supremely awesome organ tones on this cut.

Guitars

That's pretty tough, there have been so many standout guitar tracks over
the years that none of them stand out.

blahblah

What sounds like an alternator whine: Pyramid suppressor makes it worse? Licensed to Quill Car Audio 0 May 29th 04 11:56 PM
Mixing down to HHB CDR-800 sounds quiet and has all the life sucked out of my recording, what am I doing wrong? Squares Pro Audio 11 August 21st 03 11:28 PM
sounds CRAP in mono Hev Pro Audio 3 August 13th 03 06:51 AM
High-quality MP3's of annoying, relaxing, and bizarre sounds in my neighborhood bberry Audio Opinions 12 July 22nd 03 04:21 PM
ipod sounds bad in car rondell meeks Car Audio 2 July 7th 03 07:06 PM