MDeB

Default NHT SubOne Controller cable replacement sources

Hi,

I have an NHT SubOne (Sub One) subwoofer and recently I accidentally
damaged the cable that connects the controller to the main unit. I
contacted NHT to obtain a new cable, and they told me there would be a
long wait for a replacement, and they were also not very forthcoming
about what the configuration of the cable is and whether it can be
obtained from any other source.

For anyone else who is in the same boat, this is what I found:

It is an 8 pin mini din male to male straight through cable. Cables
designed for the Mac will *not* work, because those are not straight
through (which means pin 1 in connected to pin 1 out, etc.)

I was able to get a 6' cable from STSI (Stevenson Technical Services,
Inc.); here is the web page for that item:

http://www.stsi.com/Merchant2/mercha...t_ Code=22167

I also got a 25' cable from I.E.C. in Commerce City, CO. If you go to
their web page, http://www.iec.net/, and do a search on the text:

8 pin mini din male to male straight through

the relevant items will come up (you want the male to male).

Both of these work fine with my sub; try at your own risk.

Regards to all,
Mark
p.s. I do not check mail at the above address.