RdM

Default The Art of Bose Bashing and Amar's Supposed Dscent into Mediocrity

Peter Sammon spewed forth
in ,

: I guess from the beginning of time itself humanity has shown
_

BOSE Acoustimass - Better Profit Margins Through Shortcuts
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
No Spam

RdM wrote:

Peter Sammon spewed forth
in ,

: I guess from the beginning of time itself humanity has shown
_

BOSE Acoustimass - Better Profit Margins Through Shortcuts
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

In general, I agree with much of the criticism that Bose
received. I think that Bose products are, by and large,
overpriced for the performance. But the website cited
above is really not a particuarly convincing tirade against
Bose. It's quite lengthy, but is chock-full of unsubstantiated
claims, and naked opinions masquerading as some kind of
technical material.

A great deal of the numerical information, especially about
costs, appears to be simply invented by the writer. And much
of the screed is pure fantasy, with apparently no basis in
anythign factual. For example, on the subject of THX certification:
"I'm sure Dr. Amar Bose has brought in many Bose speakers to the
Skywalker Ranch for certification only to have them rejected time and
time again." Is there even the tiniest shred of evidence to
support this weird accusation?

The writer would have been better advised to have a high-school
graduate proofread his rant. As it is, it so full of grammatical
and spelling errors that it's hard to properly identify the
wealth of rhetorical fallacies and poor writing style. It makes
a convincing argument that the writer despises Bose, can produce
hundreds of words when content is not required, has probably finished
ninth grade, and has no ability to check facts. It's pur unvarnished
opinion, for the most part.

I'm not a fan of Bose Corporation, or their products, but the
website cited does more to support the view of Bose-bashers as
ill-informed ranters that anything else. There is much better
criticism of Bose out there, and the best of it is well thought
out, well written, and backed up by some facts. R. Wang's little
tantrum is noe of the above.

Professor Leisankrapp

No Spam wrote:

RdM wrote:

[...]

You're too right. As a rational argument against Bose, Wang's
drivel is about as convincing as Sammon's original post in
favor of Bose. Both are total crap. Bose does seem to inspire
a great deal of Total Crap (TM), both fer and agin.

Wylie Williams

"Professor Leisankrapp" wrote
As a rational argument against Bose, Wang's
drivel is about as convincing as Sammon's original post in
favor of Bose. Both are total crap. Bose does seem to inspire
a great deal of Total Crap (TM), both fer and agin.

Wang's "drivel", on the other hand, is more accurate and even handed than
Bose's advertising and marketing. And he is doing this free instead of the
big bucks Bose marketers get, so maybe he deserves some credit, and a little
slack, for his well intentioned effort.

Wylie Williams