Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Default EGGHEADS CAUGHT BULL****TING - ROFLMBFAO!

Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ition=r ecent

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

OK, commence spinning.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Claude V. Lucas Claude V. Lucas is offline

In article ,
Lord Valve wrote:
Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ition=r ecent

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

Lefturd "scientists" suppressing contrary data and shouting down dissent?

How can this be possible in the Enlightened Era of the Great Change?

It must be George Bush's fault somehow.

Here's another, direct from New Pravda^H^H^H^H^H^H er, CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/26/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5117890.shtml

"The administrator and the administration has decided to move forward...
and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision."

That one was kind of buried...
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mike Pritchard Mike Pritchard is offline

Lord Valve wrote:

Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ition=r ecent

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

OK, commence spinning.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

I think it's pretty obvious we're in uncharted territory....and right now, no one knows what's going to
happen with certainty.

I think it's also pretty obvious...while humans may not be the *sole* cause of global warming, we are
having an impact on how fast things are changing.

Thos who deny things are changing, regardless of the cause, are the real loonies...

http://rawstory.com/2009/11/global-w...to-scientists/

Fasten your seatbelts, because humans are in for a ride....

Mike

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
RickH RickH is offline

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ticleid=121348....

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? *Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

OK, commence spinning.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...illion-degrees

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
RickH RickH is offline

On Nov 23, 9:47*am, Lord Valve wrote:
Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald *weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ticleid=121348....

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? *Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

OK, commence spinning.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/candanc...r-climate-bill

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
TPS TPS is offline

On Nov 23, 8:18*am, Mike Pritchard wrote:
Lord Valve wrote:
[...]

Boy howdy, Willie! It looks like you've found the "fake birth
certificate" of the global warming debate.
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

Mike Pritchard wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/bu
iness/general/view.bg?articleid=1213483&srvc=business&position=r ecent

[...]

....in which we see the first tenative steps of the Ecotard/Green-Weenie
Shuffle...

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

RickH wrote:

On Nov 23, 9:47 am, Lord Valve wrote:
Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ticleid=121348...

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

OK, commence spinning.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...illion-degrees

Well, **** - sun, planet, moon...pretty close to equivalent, ain't they?

I mean, they rotate (mostly) and have orbits and stuff...what's
a few million degrees between friends? Well within the
"fudge zone" in which the Green Weenies and Ecotards
dwell, I'm sure...

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

RickH wrote:

On Nov 23, 9:47 am, Lord Valve wrote:
Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ticleid=121348...

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

OK, commence spinning.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/candanc...r-climate-bill

LA Times: "NEENER NEENER NEENER!" (Eyes closed, hands over ears, and sporting a huge clothespin upon its massive
leftwing schnozz...)

"Science," you see, only matters when the conclusions are
politically correct, or when access to grant money is in the
balance. There's "good" science and "bad" science.
Sorta like that whole "Jewish Physics" thing the Third
Reich's boys cooked up...and remember, the current
hustle is largely perpetrated by the same crew that
was screaming bloody murder that a new Ice Age
was imminent, we were all gonna freeze if we didn't
do something...and that was only 30 years ago. When
we didn't freeze, they hadda change the rules, so...
now we're gonna burn. Hey, is it hot in here, or is it
just me? Hmmmm....

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

Lord Valve wrote:

Mike Pritchard wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

Extra Gaia Greenpoints (TM) for the first Weenie to find the typo...

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Ouroboros Rex Ouroboros Rex is offline

Lord Valve wrote:
Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ition=r ecent

So someone wants to kick Pat Michaels' ass, big whoop. So when do we get
to the scandal part?

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:34:28 -0800 (PST), Mr Soul
wrote:

These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul

Cooling, not warming. The global temperature has been dropping for the
last ten years.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Mr Shoe blubbered:

These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Shoe

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! I am the Great and
Powerful Gore!"

Sucker.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Nov 23, 4:34*pm, Mr Soul wrote:
These emails are unimportant. *Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul

First, you are dead right on that sentiment. On the other hand, don't
try reason or fact - Valve is impervious to either.

Note that his boss Andre and his various proxies are stuttering again.
On the assumption that any reasonable person will simply give up and
go away leaving
them with the last word. What is so sad is that they are so caught up
in having the LAST WORD in a tiny little backwater of Usenet with
about as much potential for impact on the entire world as they have
for bettering their own sad, limited, empty little lives. Let it
rest.
You will be giving them a gift of momentary victory - more than they
have any right to expect and more than they deserve but none-the-less
a gift.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The battles are so vicious because the stakes are so small.

p.s.: Note that this is almost identical to another post to another
thread directed at those trying to reason with Mr. Jute - Jute and
Valve are cut from the same cloth although not at all similar. Valve
works for a living and so commands a certain amount of respect
accorded to anyone making his own way in life and expressing his own
feelings however unsupported. Jute is a remitttance man and entirely
self-invented, a legend in his own mind and who will leave a huge
vacuum when the Planet is no longer burdened with his august presence.

Writing for myself, I just piddle along playing with tubes here and
there, listening to the music and actually living life as it offers -
which it does each and every day to my great and very nearly
continuous enjoyment.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

Mr Soul wrote:

These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul

Gosh, that sounds a whole lot like this:

"I looked into your flimsy allegations on Jim Johnson & they don't hold
up. He's not a real estate operator either. In fact, he has a rather
distinquished career." - Mr. Shoe, 7/10/08 -

That held up well, did it not? ROFLMBFAO!

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Worthless Wiecky whistled tunelessly past the Global Warming Graveyard:

On Nov 23, 4:34 pm, Mr Soul wrote:
These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul

First, you are dead right on that sentiment.

Mr. Shoe hasn't been dead right about anything since the hippie days, which
- for him - are not yet over...

I'm a bulletproof mother****er, aye, 'tis true. Fire away, ye ******s.

Note that his boss Andre and his various proxies are stuttering again.
On the assumption that any reasonable person will simply give up and
go away leaving
them with the last word. What is so sad is that they are so caught up
in having the LAST WORD in a tiny little backwater of Usenet with
about as much potential for impact on the entire world as they have
for bettering their own sad, limited, empty little lives. Let it
rest.

Information-dense translation: "Shut up before they smack our asses flat."

You will be giving them a gift of momentary victory - more than they
have any right to expect and more than they deserve but none-the-less
a gift.

Mr Shoe can no more stifle himself than Billy Blowjob Clinton can cease
fornicating.

[...]

Jute has owned you for so many years you don't feel the chains anymore.

Soar on, free bird. Soar on, and empty your cloacal loads
of concentrated sour upon those poor misbegotten fools
who have figured out what you are. After all...they deserve it,
do they not?

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Dave Dave is offline

Peter Wieck wrote:
Valve works for a living and so commands a certain amount of respect
accorded to anyone making his own way in life and expressing his own
feelings however unsupported.

Fooey on that. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, respect comes from
support of that opinion, in a logical and reasoned way. "Because" doesn't
count. Besides, LV isn't really expressing an opinion, or even concerned
with truth, he's playng a childish game of "gotcha", and failing.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
TPS TPS is offline

On Nov 23, 10:20*am, Lord Valve wrote:
Lord Valve wrote:
Mike Pritchard wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

It looks like those Gaia Greenpoints go to you, Willie.
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

wrote:

These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul

Cooling, not warming. The global temperature has been dropping for the
last ten years.

**Tsk, tsk. Regurgitating a lie does not make it the truth. Repeat after me:

* 1998 was an unusually warm, El Nino year.
* The temperature TREND is the important thing, not individual, yearly
variations.
* 13 of the last 14 years have been the warmest on record.
* The TREND of rising temperature levels is clear (to scientists).
* Do not listen to the religious nutters. Pay attention to the scientists.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists and only a fool
would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul

Cooling, not warming. The global temperature has been dropping for the
last ten years.

**Tsk, tsk. Regurgitating a lie does not make it the truth. Repeat after me:

* 1998 was an unusually warm, El Nino year.
* The temperature TREND is the important thing, not individual, yearly
variations.
* 13 of the last 14 years have been the warmest on record.
* The TREND of rising temperature levels is clear (to scientists).
* Do not listen to the religious nutters. Pay attention to the scientists.

Still got those stars going on, wrecking the threading. Please drop
them. Use the protocol.

Heard the latest from here? A load of leaked emails detailing massaged
figures, hidden embarrassing data etc. The **** has hit the fan for
the global warming lobby.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

On Nov 23, 5:20*pm, "Dave" wrote:
Peter Wieck wrote:
Valve works for a living and so commands a certain amount of respect
accorded to anyone making his own way in life and expressing his own
feelings however unsupported.

Fooey on that. *While everyone is entitled to an opinion, respect comes from
support of that opinion, in a logical and reasoned way. *"Because" doesn't
count. *Besides, LV isn't really expressing an opinion, or even concerned
with truth, he's playng a childish game of "gotcha", and failing.

Mpffff.... you miss the point. Valve (no self-respecting, self-aware
American would claim nobility even in humor, so drop the 'lord'
affectation) is impervious to logic, consistency and reason. Claims to
be an "American" yet affects a noble title. Claims to be "globally
cool" yet is massively ignorant on any aspect of climate and how it
gets to be the way it is. And this surprises you? Such an opponent is
worthy of confrontation? Challenge? Debate? YIKES! You are as bad as
he is. Invincible ignorance is exactly that. And invincible ignorance
coupled with a basic honesty - Valve is honestly unable to help
himself - is truly impevious to reason.

Reasonable individuals have no viable option but sequestration - allow
those of like mind to engage in a group-grope - where the only harm
they do is if/when the outside world chooses to engage with them.
Don't engage. Eventually incest leads to permanently fatal results -
and that is their pursuit and goal without input from reality.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
WB WB is offline

Lord Valve wrote:
OK, commence spinning.

Geez ..
Your right.
They are right !

This is no longer an issue in my mind.

( that is ... your constant whining ).

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Nov 23, 3:47*pm, Lord Valve wrote:
Even the New York Slimes can't spin this one away -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sc...21climate.html

The Boston Herald *weighs in -

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ticleid=121348....

Gosh, this is *ever* so shocking - I mean, who knew?
Oops, I mean, who *didn't* know? *Evidently, just the
pack of Green Weenies, Watermelons and Ecotards
who infect these sorry-ass boards...

'Scuse me, I gotta go laugh now...toodle-oo, pip-pip, etc.

OK, commence spinning.

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Hey, don't sound so pleased. I'm a cyclist. I was looking forward to
all those hi-temp days those lying *******s of the Global Warming
Church promised me. Lying scumbags musta believed the Scientology
overinflation of their intelligence quotients. They sure as hell got
global warming out of a mucky teacup.

Andre Jute
Global Warming is like Scientology, only with less science -- and I
said it long before the Hadley Hack exposed those clowns as crooks
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Nov 23, 10:20*pm, Lord Valve wrote to
Worthless Wiecky c/o the Global Warming Graveyard:

Jute has owned you for so many years you don't feel the chains anymore.

I do? I thought I drowned him in a barrel together with some other
disgusting slugs. It must be my ersatz version of Worthless which I
bring out every Halloween that you saw at the boneyard.

Andre Jute
No real corpses were harmed in the assembly of my golem Worthless
Wieckless. I made him by stuffing a cow's bladder with pig offal. --
CE Certificate of Conformity/-/Items unfit for human consumption

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
RichL RichL is offline

Lord Valve wrote:
Lord Valve wrote:

Mike Pritchard wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

Is tenative anything like fiveative?

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
adminattubezone.net adminattubezone.net is offline

On Nov 23, 9:47*am, Lord Valve wrote:

OK, commence spinning.

Here ya go...

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...ted-about.html

"Still: I don't know how you get from some scientist having sexed up a
graph in East Anglia ten years ago to The Final Nail In The Coffin of
Anthropogenic Global Warming. Anyone who comes to that connection has
more screws loose than the Space Shuttle Challenger. And yet that's
literally what some of these bloggers are saying!"

Grasping at straws, sounds like.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

Cooling, not warming. The global temperature has been dropping for the
last ten years.

No it hasn't. Care to back that up with some facts.

Mr Soul

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

Heard the latest from here? A load of leaked emails detailing massaged
figures, hidden embarrassing data etc. The **** has hit the fan for
the global warming lobby.

Those emails weren't from every scientist and some of them are over 10
years old. You right-wing-nuts find some old emails & you think
you've found some kind of smokin' gun.

Mr Soul

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:04:36 -0800 (PST), Mr Soul
wrote:

Heard the latest from here? A load of leaked emails detailing massaged
figures, hidden embarrassing data etc. The **** has hit the fan for
the global warming lobby.

Those emails weren't from every scientist and some of them are over 10
years old. You right-wing-nuts find some old emails & you think
you've found some kind of smokin' gun.

Mr Soul

The ones that are out of date, or say nothing can be ignored. There
are plenty enough that are current, from environmental scientists, and
suggesting ways of hiding data, doing "tricks" on the maths etc to be
damning. And fyi, I am not of the right wing.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

The ones that are out of date, or say nothing can be ignored. There
are plenty enough that are current, from environmental scientists, and
suggesting ways of hiding data, doing "tricks" on the maths etc to be
damning. And fyi, I am not of the right wing.

Well if you aren't, you are preaching the same thing that they preach
(except I don't recall any of them saying the Earth is cooling).

Perhaps you should read this - it's from the EPA -
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/fq/science.html#q6

Mr Soul

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:16:19 -0800 (PST), Mr Soul
wrote:

The ones that are out of date, or say nothing can be ignored. There
are plenty enough that are current, from environmental scientists, and
suggesting ways of hiding data, doing "tricks" on the maths etc to be
damning. And fyi, I am not of the right wing.

Well if you aren't, you are preaching the same thing that they preach
(except I don't recall any of them saying the Earth is cooling).

Perhaps you should read this - it's from the EPA -
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/fq/science.html#q6

Mr Soul

Truth has nothing to do with political leanings - there are liars and
personal interests on both sides of that fence. And it is a fact that
the earth is currently in a cooling cycle. That is a part of what
these emails are seeking to conceal.

The method goes thus. First deny totally. Then when the facts emerge,
claim that the readings are anomalies, and normal warming will be
resumed. Anything, in fact, apart from admitting the data.

This all a travesty of science. Real scientists put their data and
theories out there, and seek refutation by other scientists. They even
include methods of refutation alongside their theories to make life
easier. This called a falsifiable theory, and it is the only kind that
carries any scientific weight or credibility. What we have in AGW is a
situation where there is a quasi-religious position that may not be
denied on pain of loss of tenure, job, livelihood. This is NOT
science, it is pure totalitarian politics.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

Truth has nothing to do with political leanings - there are liars and
personal interests on both sides of that fence. And it is a fact that
the earth is currently in a cooling cycle. That is a part of what
these emails are seeking to conceal.

No - it is NOT fact. You continue not to back up your claims. And
you continue to confuse politics with science.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091026/...global_cooling

AP IMPACT: Statisticians reject global cooling

"WASHINGTON – Have you heard that the world is now cooling instead of
warming? You may have seen some news reports on the Internet or heard
about it from a provocative new book. Only one problem: It's not true,
according to an analysis of the numbers done by several independent
statisticians for The Associated Press.

...."

This all a travesty of science. Real scientists put their data and
theories out there, and seek refutation by other scientists. They even
include methods of refutation alongside their theories to make life
easier. This called a falsifiable theory, and it is the only kind that
carries any scientific weight or credibility. What we have in AGW is a
situation where there is a quasi-religious position that may not be
denied on pain of loss of tenure, job, livelihood. This is NOT
science, it is pure totalitarian politics.

Prove this statement. The scientists who study global climate change
are for the most part, non-political.

Mr Soul

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:51:01 -0800 (PST), Mr Soul
wrote:

Truth has nothing to do with political leanings - there are liars and
personal interests on both sides of that fence. And it is a fact that
the earth is currently in a cooling cycle. That is a part of what
these emails are seeking to conceal.

No - it is NOT fact. You continue not to back up your claims. And
you continue to confuse politics with science.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091026/...global_cooling

AP IMPACT: Statisticians reject global cooling

"WASHINGTON – Have you heard that the world is now cooling instead of
warming? You may have seen some news reports on the Internet or heard
about it from a provocative new book. Only one problem: It's not true,
according to an analysis of the numbers done by several independent
statisticians for The Associated Press.

..."

No, you don't see analysis by independent statisticians. They are not
part of the Club of the Orthodoxy. And think about that word -
"analyse". You take some raw data that shows a fall, then subject it
to "analysis" by people who toe the Line of the Orthodoxy, and as if
by magic the numbers are all headed upwards. Makes you want to spit.

This all a travesty of science. Real scientists put their data and
theories out there, and seek refutation by other scientists. They even
include methods of refutation alongside their theories to make life
easier. This called a falsifiable theory, and it is the only kind that
carries any scientific weight or credibility. What we have in AGW is a
situation where there is a quasi-religious position that may not be
denied on pain of loss of tenure, job, livelihood. This is NOT
science, it is pure totalitarian politics.

Prove this statement. The scientists who study global climate change
are for the most part, non-political.

The ones who are allowed to be heard are those who toe the Line of the
Orthodoxy. Those who say otherwise are marginalized and silenced. This
is NOT how science is supposed to work.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Hate to disapoint you Slick, but the Earth is warming up -

http://climateprogress.org/2009/11/2...-keep-warming/.

And if the Earth is really cooling down, as you right-wingnuts claim,
then what happen to your big argument about Mars warming up? Is
argument that now out the door?

There's SO much evidence to support global warming. Even where I live
in NH, it's well documented that the seasonal length of certain plants
is several weeks longer than it used to be. Some of Thoreau's
botanical work has been used to verify this.

Sorry guys - you are wrong this time!

Mr Soul
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 06:01:40 -0800 (PST), Mr Soul
wrote:

Lord Valve
Globally Cool

Hate to disapoint you Slick, but the Earth is warming up -

http://climateprogress.org/2009/11/2...-keep-warming/.

And if the Earth is really cooling down, as you right-wingnuts claim,
then what happen to your big argument about Mars warming up? Is
argument that now out the door?

Brilliant piece of reasoning! I'm convinced you have now made third
grade.

There's SO much evidence to support global warming. Even where I live
in NH, it's well documented that the seasonal length of certain plants
is several weeks longer than it used to be. Some of Thoreau's
botanical work has been used to verify this.

Sorry guys - you are wrong this time!

Well, where I live it is 2 degrees colder today than it was yesterday.
So that means in just over four months the temperature here will hit
absolute zero. Right? Your reasoning in this paragraph is no better
than that in your first.

Go away for a while and learn how to argue. You reason like a
Christian right now.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in
message
wrote:

These emails are unimportant. Global warming exists
and only a fool would say that it doesn't.

Mr Soul

Cooling, not warming. The global temperature has been
dropping for the last ten years.

Well, around here temperature has probably been rising. About 30 years ago I
bought a pair of cross-country skis and used them for about 10 years in
nearby places. There hasn't been enough snow around here for at least 15
years to make them worthwhile, even to enthusiasts. But that's all short
term noise in the cosmic scheme of things.

When you start talking about making changes involving thousands of billions
of dollars, you need more evidence than just some short-term variations.

**Tsk, tsk. Regurgitating a lie does not make it the
truth.

Many of us know that you've apparently unknowingly done that many times in
the past, Trevor.

Repeat after me:

* 1998 was an unusually warm, El Nino year.
* The temperature TREND is the important thing, not
individual, yearly variations.
* 13 of the last 14 years have been the warmest on record.
* The TREND of rising temperature levels is clear (to
scientists).

Given that something simple, well-known, gross, and relevant like sunspots
has an 22 year cycle - what sort of conclusion can reasonably be formed with
14 years worth of data? Normally that would be a rhetorical question, but
given the circumstance I feel obliged to answer it with a resounding
"NONE!".

* Do not listen to the religious nutters. Pay attention
to the scientists.

Good advice that Trevor has a poor track record for following when the
"religious nutters" hide under a cloak of pseudo-science.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Given that something simple, well-known, gross, and
relevant like sunspots has an 22 year cycle - what sort
of conclusion can reasonably be formed with 14 years
worth of data? Normally that would be a rhetorical
question, but given the circumstance I feel obliged to
answer it with a resounding "NONE!".

Correct that - 11 years for the sunspot cycle. There's also a magnetic
cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunspot

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

Don - can you please show us the evidence of the Earth cooling down.
Thanks.

Mr Soul