Sockpuppet Yustabe

Default What Software for Editing Sound on PC

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"The Artist" says to Arny:.

It's not like you make an income from
audio production, after all.

Ouch!!

Not at all. It simply shows how desperate Dormer is to be overbearing,
officious and insulting.

Dormer seems to be going over the top with his habit of being

presumptuous.
He now fancies himself "The Artist". LOL!

Beats "Arny the Internet Dork".

Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

BTW Powell, wanna tell me how to do 12 track multitrack
recording and production with SF?

Why ask such a stupid question? It was never designed
for that purpose. They have Vegas for that.

You know that, I know that, but Powell keeps ranting and
raving about SF.

The original poster (SPS22) wrote: "Well, I am essentially
trying to convert cassettes to CD's". What benefit is there
for utilizing "12 track multitrack" for the user's two channel
application, Arny? Zero, none, nada, zip.

Both CE/Audition and SF would do a fine job of digitizing
most cassettes, as would Audacity and Goldwave.

You're still trying to make a decision for the consumer.

How, by NOT ramming SF down his throat?

I offered three links. You pretended to have relevant SF
experience which turned out to be old W95 (SF XP4.5)
software based... not relevant. Feeling embarrassed
you now get mad and abusive.

Check out Sonic Foundry/Sony products:

Sound Forge Studio 6.0 - $70
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=718

CD Architech 5.0 - $240
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=780

Sound Forge 7.0 - $400 "The industry standard is still the industry
standard." - Recording Magazine
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=668

snip quacking

Personal preferences play a significant
role in the user's long term satisfaction. Each program
you name-dropped has its own unique menus and
intuitiveness.

Right, and both Goldwave and Audacity are distributed
for free. Goldwave is freely distributed as mildly-limited
shareware and Audacity is out-and-out freeware.

It always comes down to the money for you, Arny. Why
are you always assuming everyone else has the same
financial limitations you have?

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

BTW Powell, wanna tell me how to do 12 track multitrack
recording and production with SF?

Why ask such a stupid question? It was never designed
for that purpose. They have Vegas for that.

So, from my viewpoint, SF and Vega are each half a product.

You know that, I know that, but Powell keeps ranting and
raving about SF.

The original poster (SPS22) wrote: "Well, I am essentially
trying to convert cassettes to CD's". What benefit is there
for utilizing "12 track multitrack" for the user's two channel
application, Arny? Zero, none, nada, zip.

Both CE/Audition and SF would do a fine job of digitizing
most cassettes, as would Audacity and Goldwave.

You're still trying to make a decision for the consumer.

How, by NOT ramming SF down his throat?

I offered three links. You pretended to have relevant SF
experience which turned out to be old W95 (SF XP4.5)
software based... not relevant. Feeling embarrassed
you now get mad and abusive.

What you don't seem to understand Powell is that I'm not in the business of
collecting audio editors in the same sense that I collect sound cards. I've
got a good tool that does the jobs at hand and more. If I had tried to do
what I was doing with CEP when SF 4.5 was the latest-greatest SF, it would
have been a disaster.

Now, some years later it looks like SF has largely caught up with CEP except
when it comes to multitracking. I've been doing multitracking before Vegas
was even available. CEP/Audition does a good job with multitracking while
SF is still a big fat zero for multitracking, and no doubt never will be
anything but a big fat zero for multitracking.

And, it's as if you haven't been abusive all along, Mr. "quack, quack".

Check out Sonic Foundry/Sony products:

Sound Forge Studio 6.0 - $70
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=718

CD Architech 5.0 - $240
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=780

Sound Forge 7.0 - $400 "The industry standard is still the industry
standard." - Recording Magazine
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=668

you forgot:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=810

"starting at $799".

The way I see it, an investment of $1440 gets me two integrated products and
a disconnected product that just might come close to doing what I'm doing
today with a well-integrated copy of Audition that I already have.

What a deal!

snip quacking

Notice additional abuse from Powell.

Personal preferences play a significant
role in the user's long term satisfaction. Each program
you name-dropped has its own unique menus and
intuitiveness.

Right, and both Goldwave and Audacity are distributed
for free. Goldwave is freely distributed as mildly-limited
shareware and Audacity is out-and-out freeware.

It always comes down to the money for you, Arny.

Except it isn't that way when the rubber hits the road. I'm simply trying to
encourage people who don't have the sort of confidence that I have, to spend
money on audio products, that they can investigate these products without
getting out their metaphorical wallets.

Why are you always assuming everyone else has the same
financial limitations you have?

Which financial limitations would those be, Powell? You claim they exist, so
you must have the relevant details. Here's your chance to stop looking like
a posturing fool - list out my financial limitations in dollars and cents.

dave weil

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:36:16 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

What you don't seem to understand Powell is that I'm not in the business of
collecting audio editors in the same sense that I collect sound cards. I've
got a good tool that does the jobs at hand and more. If I had tried to do
what I was doing with CEP when SF 4.5 was the latest-greatest SF, it would
have been a disaster.

Now, some years later it looks like SF has largely caught up with CEP except
when it comes to multitracking. I've been doing multitracking before Vegas
was even available. CEP/Audition does a good job with multitracking while
SF is still a big fat zero for multitracking, and no doubt never will be
anything but a big fat zero for multitracking.

Here's a good example of Arnold not taking personal responsibility for
what he's written.

Geoff Wood

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

BTW Powell, wanna tell me how to do 12 track multitrack recording and
production with SF?

Wanna tell us how to do it with MS Word ?

geoff

Geoff Wood

Arny Krueger wrote:
"The Artist" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" emitted :

BTW Powell, wanna tell me how to do 12 track multitrack recording
and production with SF?

Why ask such a stupid question? It was never designed for that
purpose. They have Vegas for that.

You know that, I know that, but Powell keeps ranting and raving about
SF.

Me too - it works and thinks like I do . And you keep raving about Cool
Audition.

geoff

Geoff Wood

Arny Krueger wrote:

Now, some years later it looks like SF has largely caught up with CEP
except when it comes to multitracking. I've been doing multitracking
before Vegas was even available. CEP/Audition does a good job with
multitracking while SF is still a big fat zero for multitracking,

You don't get it, do you. Sound Forge will never do multitracking. They
don't want it to do multitrac=king. Some users don't want there stereo
audio editor to be a swiss army knife.

The way I see it, an investment of $1440 gets me two integrated
products and a disconnected product

Que ?

geoff

David White

"The Artist" wrote in message
"David White" emitted :

- Good hiss removal (Audacity & Goldwave hiss removal
makes the music worse, not better, for me.)

Yes, whenever I've tried to remove any high frequency noise in Goldwave

it
causes side effects that are worse than the noise.

Are you able to take/use a noiseprint?

Yes. What I've always done is select the appropriate part of the wave to use
as the noise sample and copy it to the clipboard, and then select the Use
Clipboard option in the noise reduction dialog.

David

David White

"The Artist" wrote in message
"David White" emitted :

- Good hiss removal (Audacity & Goldwave hiss removal
makes the music worse, not better, for me.)

Yes, whenever I've tried to remove any high frequency noise in

Goldwave it
causes side effects that are worse than the noise.

Are you able to take/use a noiseprint?

Yes. What I've always done is select the appropriate part of the wave to

use
as the noise sample and copy it to the clipboard, and then select the Use
Clipboard option in the noise reduction dialog.

Oh well :-( You may find judicious tweaking of parametric EQ provides
a better compromise.. depends on the material.

Maybe. The trouble I have with equalizers is that I find they are all hit
and miss. I've got no feel when I listen to something what equalization
settings will improve it. It's just trial and error.

David

Arny Krueger

"The Artist" wrote in message
news
"Arny Krueger" emitted :

BTW Powell, wanna tell me how to do 12 track multitrack
recording and production with SF?

Why ask such a stupid question? It was never designed
for that purpose. They have Vegas for that.

So, from my viewpoint, SF and Vega are each half a product.

No, they are two distinct products.

Ya think?

That's the point.

Now, some years later it looks like SF has largely caught up with
CEP except

Bleugh!! :-(

Now that's a factual, informative comment.

when it comes to multitracking. I've been doing multitracking before
Vegas was even available. CEP/Audition does a good job with
multitracking while SF is still a big fat zero for multitracking,
and no doubt never will be anything but a big fat zero for
multitracking.

Thanks (once again) for demonstrating how little you know about the
subject.

So what are you saying, that I'm wrong about SF not doing multitracking?

And, it's as if you haven't been abusive all along, Mr. "quack,
quack".

Check out Sonic Foundry/Sony products:

Sound Forge Studio 6.0 - $70
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=718

CD Architech 5.0 - $240
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=780

Sound Forge 7.0 - $400 "The industry standard is still the industry
standard." - Recording Magazine
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=668

you forgot:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=810

"starting at $799".

The way I see it, an investment of $1440 gets me two integrated
products and a disconnected product that just might come close to
doing what I'm doing today with a well-integrated copy of Audition
that I already have.

What a deal!

Professionals choose the right tool for the job, then worry about
funding it.

Been there, done that.

If Vegas is a suitable solution, why are you even
mentioning Audition in the same breath?

Because Audition is an even better solution for me. I already have it and
know how to use it effectively.

Chalk and cheese, man.

Posturing and lack of factual justification noted.

Vegas is a ProTools level-product, that's the market it's cutting into.

Good for it.

Audition is not even in the same solar system, let alone planetary orbit.

Posturing and lack of factual justification noted.

Arny Krueger

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Now, some years later it looks like SF has largely caught up with CEP
except when it comes to multitracking. I've been doing multitracking
before Vegas was even available. CEP/Audition does a good job with
multitracking while SF is still a big fat zero for multitracking,

You don't get it, do you.

Really?

Sound Forge will never do multitracking.

That's what I said, isn't it?

They don't want it to do multitrac=king.

Of course not. They can sell the faithful another product.

Some users don't want there
stereo audio editor to be a swiss army knife.

You mean Audition is inferior because it does too much, too well?

The way I see it, an investment of $1440 gets me two integrated
products and a disconnected product

Que ?

Check out the list you deleted.

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

Now, some years later it looks like SF has largely caught up with CEP
except when it comes to multitracking. I've been doing multitracking
before Vegas was even available. CEP/Audition does a good job with
multitracking while SF is still a big fat zero for multitracking,

You don't get it, do you.

Really?

Sound Forge will never do multitracking.

That's what I said, isn't it?

They don't want it to do multitrac=king.

Of course not. They can sell the faithful another product.

Some users don't want there
stereo audio editor to be a swiss army knife.

You mean Audition is inferior because it does too much, too well?

The way I see it, an investment of $1440 gets me two integrated
products and a disconnected product

Que ?

Check out the list you deleted.

Sound analyse software Bjarne J Aronsen Pro Audio 4 March 29th 04 09:41 AM
[OT] Sound measure software with equivalent sound level meter? jd Pro Audio 2 March 21st 04 07:34 PM
Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
What Software for Editing Sound on PC SPS22 General 122 January 27th 04 12:58 AM
science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM