Gidney and Cloyd

Default Searching schematics to build figure eight mic with Panasoniccapsules

Marc wrote:
I'm searching schematics to build a figure eight mic with Pansonic capsules
(omni). What interest me is how to wire the 2 capsules for balanced output and
how to phantom power the capsules (48v) since I know one capsule must be out of
phase and the voltage must be reduced to 9 volts.
Thank in advance.

This was discussed in the Yahoo discussion group MicDIYers;
you have to join the group to get at the archives.

Bottom line -- two omnis can make a figure-8 dipole,
but the response curve is not flat.

One MicDIYer has made fig-8 (actually M-S) from
Panasonic cardioids; photos and plans are in the
group area.

Gidney and Cloyd

We, Gidney and Cloyd, just wrote:

Marc wrote:

I'm searching schematics to build a figure eight mic ...

This was discussed in the Yahoo discussion group MicDIYers;
you have to join the group to get at the archives.

Non-members can see the homepage at

http://home.earthlink.net/~gottapes/micdiyers/main.htm

and you can see the M-S project via the menu-frame link
titled "Dave's DIY Projects".