Gary Almes

Default Playing MP3s through my car stereo

Hi all,

First off, I know very little about car stereo systems, so please bear
with me. Here's my objective:

I plan to get an IPOD or some other good MP3 player capable of storing a
large volume of MP3 files. I would then like to be able to plug in this
MP3 player into my car stereo and hear the music through that. (I know I
could use headphones, but it's not the same.)

I have a 1994 Toyota Corolla and the stereo that came with the car is
dying on me, so I don't mind buying a new one. I'd like to get something
that would allow:

- Playing of normal CDs
- Playing of CDs with MP3 files
- Plugging in an external MP3 player and playing the files through the
car stereo system (as described above)

Can anyone give suggestions on the equipment and costs associated with
this? Please respond to my e-mail address as well as the group, if
possible.

Thanks,

Gary
David Wood

Hi all,

First off, I know very little about car stereo systems, so please bear
with me. Here's my objective:

I plan to get an IPOD or some other good MP3 player capable of storing a
large volume of MP3 files. I would then like to be able to plug in this
MP3 player into my car stereo and hear the music through that. (I know I
could use headphones, but it's not the same.)

Well, you're not supposed to be driving with headphones on anyway.

I have a 1994 Toyota Corolla and the stereo that came with the car is
dying on me, so I don't mind buying a new one. I'd like to get something
that would allow:

- Playing of normal CDs
- Playing of CDs with MP3 files
- Plugging in an external MP3 player and playing the files through the
car stereo system (as described above)

Can anyone give suggestions on the equipment and costs associated with
this? Please respond to my e-mail address as well as the group, if
possible.

There are many units now that offer mp3 playback, as well as a line
level input on the front by means of a stereo 1/8" jack.
Haioken

The above option oulined by David will work as well, you could also buy a
system that has RCA inputs on the back of the unit, and stereo headphone
(Male) to dual RCA Male jack, and use that as well.

You've got buckly's chance of getting a car stereo that will accept a true
digital data feed from your mp3 player.

- Haioken

. 4.25...