Mackorama

Default Help another Sony problem

This is how it goes....

Jan 2003 I bought a new Sony 760w to power 2 infinity's 1220w . Since
I installed the new amp way back when, it has been great. It was so
powerful to the point where I blew my rear window on my little 4 door
civic (twice). I have had 2 Xplode amps and both were fine until a
week ago. The 760 suddenly, out of the blue, started going into
overcurrent. It has been working fine for almost 10 months....why now?
I've been over the wiring looking for nicks or scratches, and
everything seems fine.

I have read alot of the posts and it seems to be a popular post.
Sony amp clips again...dahdahdah. Unfortunately I can't really say
anything bad about Sony because they have always been very reliable in
the past, but what is going on now? I love to blast my music and I
always try to get the best that I can afford (wife and kids limit
spending..lol). My Question is, is there a known issue with the new
Sony amps.... I was wrong to buy it at a flea market I know, but like
I said, it has been working great until now.
Any input would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance!!!