Dave Van Haaren

Default CD labels

I've heard all the stories of CD labels coming off and bubbling and
getting stuck in the cd player, however, I've left mine in the heat,
the cold and some have even got wet and NO problem with the adheasive.
My problem is that they just don't play worth crap in my car stereo's
(2 different factory units). They play fine for the first 4 or 5
tracks, then the sound gets progressively worse and worse. Without
labels, they play everything fine, but as soom as I stick on a label,
they have playing problems.
Anyone else have this problem? My labels are white matte finish.
Tony F

I've made labels for quite a few of my CDs. It makes a little more noise
when the discs are loaded, but I've never had a problem.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

"Dave Van Haaren" wrote in message
om...
I've heard all the stories of CD labels coming off and bubbling and
getting stuck in the cd player, however, I've left mine in the heat,
the cold and some have even got wet and NO problem with the adheasive.
My problem is that they just don't play worth crap in my car stereo's
(2 different factory units). They play fine for the first 4 or 5
tracks, then the sound gets progressively worse and worse. Without
labels, they play everything fine, but as soom as I stick on a label,
they have playing problems.
Anyone else have this problem? My labels are white matte finish.

bobb

I think they are now special blanks on the market that u can write a
label directly on. It requires a special writer I think. Factory
looking and no stickers.... Of course I just use a sharpie.
Dave Van Haaren

I've tried burning a half dozen discs in multiple copies, put labels
on one set, and nothing on the other. The labels are definetly the
problem. There're perfectly balanced as well. I've also tried 25
cents CD-R's and 2 dollar CD-R's. Both play fine with no labels, both
suck with labels.

Don't forget that not all CD players are designed to work with
CD-R discs that you've burned yourself. Some will, and some won't.

Let me also add that I've had better luck with non-CDR-supporting HU's
by burning CDR's at a slower speed. Ie, even if your cd writer can
burn at 16x, writing a cd at 2x or 1x seems to work a lot better.

CD labels Ken Bouchard General 11 May 28th 04 08:07 PM
CD labels Ken Bouchard Audio Opinions 8 May 28th 04 08:07 PM
CD labels Ken Bouchard Tech 40 May 28th 04 08:07 PM
CD labels Ken Bouchard Pro Audio 40 May 28th 04 08:07 PM
CD labels Ken Bouchard Pro Audio 0 May 23rd 04 11:14 PM