roadsession

Default iPOD + FM Modular + Radio

Ok, so this weekend I bought a 20GB iPOD and stuffed every CD I own
into the thing (and it was still only 30% full). I didn't want a
cassette adaptor or anything in the Mercedes MCS with messy wires
sticking out, so I bought the iPod accessory called iTRIP that
essentially fits on top of the iPod and broadcasts an FM signal.

However, no matter what frequency I synchronize the iTRIP and MCS
radio, the reception is still poor especially in the city. What I was
thinking was adding an FM signal amplifier from Metra or whomever to
the MCS radio.

So my questions:

(A) Should I give it a shot?
(B) If the answer is 'yes', does the MCS antenna connection require a
special adaptor of some kind? Anyone have experience installing this?

Thanks!