Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The Vega and the Pinto

Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars in the 1970s. It
is interesting to look at both and see where their makers went wrong.

The Vega was a stylish little car that on the surface seemed to be a
worthy successor to the Corvair, which cost a fortune to build. GM
spent as much to build a Corvair as Porsche did to build the 911,
which was more than twice the price (and in its current iteration
costs about five times as much as a comparable non-WGBD car). The
Vega was designed for low build cost above all else, incorporated much
innovative technology, and was built in a factory built from scratch
to produce it economically.

The Vega was at first very popular with performance buffs who would
modify it and it was easily made into a fine handling little car.
However, within a couple of years it was apparent that the Vega had
serious issues. GM had shaved so much build cost that the Vega was
really a disposable car, one that could not be kept from
disintegrating if driven on roads very much. Corrosion proofing was
nonexistent, and the sheetmetal was as thin as they could make it.

Mechanically it was a disaster too. The engine was built without iron
liners and the bores wore out in thirty or forty thousand miles, the
automatic transmission was undersized even for the small four, the
rear end was undersized too. The front brakes were fine if you drilled
the rotors but the rear drums just didn't hack it. The steering was
marginal too in terms of ruggedness. GM had indeed designed the whole
car with precision...precisely just too little metal to hold up.
Though pretty, it was a lost cause and most went to the crusher with
gaping rust holes in an all too short life.

The Pinto was a different story. Not as stylish as the Vega, it was
mechanically well built with a selection of US, Brit and German Ford
engines most of which were quite reliable and hot-rodder-friendly.
(They are still well supported and used as race car and dune buggy
engines.) The front end of the Pinto was well designed, so much so
that the Pinto front end is still popular 35 years later as the
underpinning for street rods, custom trucks and all sorts of resto-mod
cars. The solid rear axle, while not the legendary nine inch Ford, was
entirely adequate. The car was not glamorous but it did provide
reliable and even fun transportation. It had one flaw: if rear ended
the gas tank could rupture and ignite. In fact it turned out Ford had
reason to know of the issue but did nothing, and the publicity tainted
Ford for decades.

The sad thing is that if the Vega had been well rustproofed and had
the Pinto's driveline and front end, it would have been a great car.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 4, 1:13*am, Bret L wrote:
*Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars

Oh Jesus Christ. Someone mentions a Vega and you have to deliver one
of your internal Wikipedia entries.

You are so, so autistic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On May 4, 5:58*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 4, 1:13*am, Bret L wrote:

*Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars

Oh Jesus Christ. Someone mentions a Vega and you have to deliver one
of your internal Wikipedia entries.

You are so, so autistic.

No, you are dense because you can not see the import (no pun
intended) of the progress of the American auto industry, and in turn
its impact on our society.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 5, 11:32*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 5, 9:09*pm, Bret L wrote:

On May 4, 5:58*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 4, 1:13*am, Bret L wrote:

*Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars

Oh Jesus Christ. Someone mentions a Vega and you have to deliver one
of your internal Wikipedia entries.

You are so, so autistic.

*No, you are dense because you can not see the import (no pun
intended) of the progress of the American auto industry, and in turn
its impact on our society.

*He's all about appearances. First thing he said to me about his CD
player was the price tag
and then stupidly proclaimed, "They make a $20K model! *Imagine how
good it must sound."

Actually, I didn't say that. Naim didn't have a $20K player. So you're
lying about that.

And I'm pretty sure the first thing I did was play a lot of music. But
since it wasn't Genesis or Wishbone Ash, you couldn't concentrate.

A more pompous audiophool you'll never find.

You're the one who said your Mitsubishi TT was "perfect on paper," so
I think you win that contest.

He "knows" his car is nice because an auto-rag told him so.

No, I know my car is nice because it puts a giant smile on my face
everytime I get into it. But I did read reviews of cars before I
bought it. Did you read reviews of the Cobalt? Apparently not!

He thinks the car he drives is representative of the man he is.

Now you're making **** up again. That's representative of the man YOU
are...a backstabbing liar.

*Maybe
it is.
Small car...small man.

Then you must be a piece of ****, since that's what the Cobalt is. I
can pretty much confirm the first sentence.

Maybe it really does represent him.
He actually could be as shallow as he appears.

Boy, it sounds like you really hate that Cobalt about now. Between the
Chevy, the Linkwitz Orions, the Yamaha preamp and the Mitusbishi TT, I
think you need to take a course in Consumer Skills. You're definitely
surrounded by ****.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 5, 11:32*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 5, 9:09*pm, Bret L wrote:

On May 4, 5:58*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 4, 1:13*am, Bret L wrote:

*Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars

Oh Jesus Christ. Someone mentions a Vega and you have to deliver one
of your internal Wikipedia entries.

You are so, so autistic.

*No, you are dense because you can not see the import (no pun
intended) of the progress of the American auto industry, and in turn
its impact on our society.

*He's all about appearances. First thing he said to me about his CD
player was the price tag
and then stupidly proclaimed, "They make a $20K model! *Imagine how
good it must sound."
A more pompous audiophool you'll never find.
He "knows" his car is nice because an auto-rag told him so.
He thinks the car he drives is representative of the man he is. *Maybe
it is.
Small car...small man.
Maybe it really does represent him.
He actually could be as shallow as he appears.

Look! 2pid found a friend!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 6, 12:05*am, Boon wrote:

Boy, it sounds like you really hate that Cobalt about now. Between the
Chevy, the Linkwitz Orions, the Yamaha preamp and the Mitusbishi TT, I
think you need to take a course in Consumer Skills. You're definitely
surrounded by ****.

But 2pid claims his Orions are "more accurate" than Quads. How he
'knows' this is unknown though.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 6, 12:08*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 6, 12:05*am, Boon wrote:

Boy, it sounds like you really hate that Cobalt about now. Between the
Chevy, the Linkwitz Orions, the Yamaha preamp and the Mitusbishi TT, I
think you need to take a course in Consumer Skills. You're definitely
surrounded by ****.

But 2pid claims his Orions are "more accurate" than Quads. How he
'knows' this is unknown though.

He read the website sales pitch. He looked at the specs. Then he spent
thousands.

Evidently he thinks this is better than reading reviews and then
auditioning for himself.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On May 6, 12:05*am, Boon wrote:

Boy, it sounds like you really hate that Cobalt about now. Between the
Chevy, the Linkwitz Orions, the Yamaha preamp and the Mitusbishi TT, I
think you need to take a course in Consumer Skills. You're definitely
surrounded by ****.

But 2pid claims his Orions are "more accurate" than Quads. How he
'knows' this is unknown though.

He read the website sales pitch. He looked at the specs. Then he spent
thousands.

I wonder why he spent the money on a Krell amp when a 1970s Onkyo
receiver has specs that are at least as good.

Evidently he thinks this is better than reading reviews and then
auditioning for himself.

I'd say he's an audiophool looking for status.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 8, 11:41�am, ScottW wrote:
On May 5, 10:05�pm, Boon wrote:

On May 5, 11:32�pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 5, 9:09�pm, Bret L wrote:

On May 4, 5:58�pm, Boon wrote:

On May 4, 1:13�am, Bret L wrote:

�Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars

Oh Jesus Christ. Someone mentions a Vega and you have to deliver one
of your internal Wikipedia entries.

You are so, so autistic.

�No, you are dense because you can not see the import (no pun
intended) of the progress of the American auto industry, and in turn
its impact on our society.

�He's all about appearances. First thing he said to me about his CD
player was the price tag
and then stupidly proclaimed, "They make a $20K model! �Imagine how
good it must sound."

Actually, I didn't say that. Naim didn't have a $20K player. So you're
lying about that.

� LoL, you claiming the facts would stop your mouth is a hoot.

That makes no sense in English, Lionel. Oops...I mean Scott.

And I'm pretty sure the first thing I did was play a lot of music. But
since it wasn't Genesis or Wishbone Ash, you couldn't concentrate.

�Actually you did play SEBTP and your anemic system completely failed
to convey any energy on FofF and you know I told you so.

I have no idea what SEBTP or FofF is. Speak English, idiot.

A more pompous audiophool you'll never find.

You're the one who said your Mitsubishi TT was "perfect on paper,"

�LoL. �You can't even fabricate a plausible lie.

Perhaps it's because I'm not lying.

�Nothing is perfect on paper but people should consider this.

Consider what?

You're actually better on usenet than in reality.

That makes no sense, either. Are you drunk today?

Trashing Orions, which you've never heard, simply because I own them
really shows the unbounded depth of your audiophoolery and your reason
for being on usenet.

I'm not trashing them because you own them. I'm trashing YOU for
buying a speaker based upon marketing copy and specs rather than
listening tests. We've also heard from one knowledgeable poster here
that they are unimpressive, and I've discussed them with another
knowledgeable person who says they are pretty good but WAY overpriced
for the money.

Anyone who buys into your occasional charade of being here for audio
discussions is an epic fool.

That rings false. We all know you are not here for audio discussions,
and you shrink from them when they occur. You also avoid civil
discussions, such as the one about literature, and you are only here
for two reasons: to spam the group with OT political posts and to
feign outrage whenever the discussions are less than civil.

You are here to troll, period. You are also functionally illiterate,
philosophically vapid and utterly unknowledgeable about audio. You are
exposed as a fool and a clown on a constant basis, and you have become
RAO's court jester. The fact that you're oblivious to your role here
is just icing on the cake.

Have another drink, Scott. You're not drunk enough yet to make sense.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 8, 11:41*am, ScottW wrote:
On May 5, 10:05*pm, Boon wrote:

Actually, I didn't say that. Naim didn't have a $20K player. So you're
lying about that.

* LoL, you claiming the facts would stop your mouth is a hoot.

This time try English. LoL.

And I'm pretty sure the first thing I did was play a lot of music. But
since it wasn't Genesis or Wishbone Ash, you couldn't concentrate.

*Actually you did play SEBTP and your anemic system completely failed
to convey any energy on FofF and you know I told you so.

2pid, I've told you on several occasions TYAASAAT. You, however,
CPSSALTAWSU.

WITYSFMI?

You're the one who said your Mitsubishi TT was "perfect on paper,"

*LoL. *You can't even fabricate a plausible lie.
*Nothing is perfect on paper but people should consider this.
You're actually better on usenet than in reality.

Trashing Orions, which you've never heard, simply because I own them
really shows the unbounded depth of your audiophoolery and your reason
for being on usenet.
Anyone who buys into your occasional charade of being here for audio
discussions is an epic fool.

Nobody trashed your Orions, 2pid. You, however, were trashed for
following the exact same path in your purchase that you criticize in
others.

Let's review! You read about them. You found some reviews and read
those too. You looked at the specs.

Hm. You auditioned in a showroom or another person's house them how
many times? You had them in your house to audition them for how long?

That is why we laugh and laugh and laugh at you, 2pid. It's because
you're laughable.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers

On May 9, 1:01*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 8, 10:27*am, Boon wrote:

On May 8, 11:41 am, ScottW wrote:

On May 5, 10:05 pm, Boon wrote:

On May 5, 11:32 pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 5, 9:09 pm, Bret L wrote:

On May 4, 5:58 pm, Boon wrote:

On May 4, 1:13 am, Bret L wrote:

Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars

Oh Jesus Christ. Someone mentions a Vega and you have to deliver one
of your internal Wikipedia entries.

You are so, so autistic.

No, you are dense because you can not see the import (no pun
intended) of the progress of the American auto industry, and in turn
its impact on our society.

He's all about appearances. First thing he said to me about his CD
player was the price tag
and then stupidly proclaimed, "They make a $20K model! Imagine how
good it must sound."

Actually, I didn't say that. Naim didn't have a $20K player. So you're
lying about that.

LoL, you claiming the facts would stop your mouth is a hoot.

That makes no sense in English, Lionel. Oops...I mean Scott.

* Typical Boon, playing the ignorant fool again.

And I'm pretty sure the first thing I did was play a lot of music. But
since it wasn't Genesis or Wishbone Ash, you couldn't concentrate.

Actually you did play SEBTP and your anemic system completely failed
to convey any energy on FofF and you know I told you so.

I have no idea what SEBTP or FofF is. Speak English, idiot.

* Your ignorance is confirmed...again.

A more pompous audiophool you'll never find.

You're the one who said your Mitsubishi TT was "perfect on paper,"

LoL. You can't even fabricate a plausible lie.

Perhaps it's because I'm not lying.

*You're obviously too technically ignorant to know the obvious
foolishness of your claims.

Nothing is perfect on paper but people should consider this.

Consider what?

You're actually better on usenet than in reality.

That makes no sense, either. Are you drunk today?

* Is everything over your head? *Apparently it is.

Trashing Orions, which you've never heard, simply because I own them
really shows the unbounded depth of your audiophoolery and your reason
for being on usenet.

I'm not trashing them because you own them. I'm trashing YOU for
buying a speaker based upon marketing copy and specs rather than
listening tests.

*I didn't buy them. I built them for the fun of it and after thorough
review of their design principles and execution as well as numerous
recommendations from people who aren't ignorant wannabe audiowhores
like you.

*It's really quite amusing that you stand adamantly opposed to
listening tests but trash people for taking a flyer on something
unheard.

Why should you give a ****? *Or is it because I don't take the word of
fat-assed morons whose claim to fame is excessive seat time aka, Boon?

*We've also heard from one knowledgeable

*Boons defintion of knowledgeable - useful in debating trade.

poster here
that they are unimpressive,

LMAO. That was Arny you moron. * Put this one in the record books,
Marc Phillips claims Arny is knowledgeable. *Middiot is turning in his
sockpuppets grave.

And look at your complete hypocrisy. *You're not trashing
them...ooops...and you admittedly never heard them yourself.

How big an AUDIOPHOOL can you be in one post?

*and I've discussed them with another
knowledgeable person who says they are pretty good but WAY overpriced
for the money.

*WTF does "overpriced for the money" mean?
What an idiot.

*But more to the value point, where can you get a speaker for BOM cost
plus $300?
*Because that's what they cost me.

Anyone who buys into your occasional charade of being here for audio
discussions is an epic fool.

That rings false. We all know you are not here for audio discussions,

*IKYABWAI...lol

and you shrink from them when they occur.

*I shrink from your boring audiophoolery which is exposed for all too
see.

*You're too stupid to be on an audio group, you should leave.

ScottW- Hide quoted text -

I see that trying to have polite conversation with the likes of you is
a waste of time.

Stay on the Chargers group where you're wanted, 2pid.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 9, 1:01*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 8, 10:27*am, Boon wrote:

On May 8, 11:41 am, ScottW wrote:

On May 5, 10:05 pm, Boon wrote:

On May 5, 11:32 pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 5, 9:09 pm, Bret L wrote:

On May 4, 5:58 pm, Boon wrote:

On May 4, 1:13 am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Do you understand the difference between ignorance and stupidity?
Ignorance is when you don't know something. Everyone is ignorant about
something, or even most things. So no, I cannot decipher your plethora
of useless abbreviations and ridiculous anagrams.

Now stupidity is the inability to learn new information, and that you
have in spades.

A more pompous audiophool you'll never find.

You're the one who said your Mitsubishi TT was "perfect on paper,"

LoL. You can't even fabricate a plausible lie.

Perhaps it's because I'm not lying.

*You're obviously too technically ignorant to know the obvious
foolishness of your claims.

You're obviously too ignorant about the English language to explain
why.

Nothing is perfect on paper but people should consider this.

Consider what?

You're actually better on usenet than in reality.

That makes no sense, either. Are you drunk today?

* Is everything over your head? *Apparently it is.

No, Scott. When someone doesn't understand what you say, it's not
their problem. It's yours. You write like a fourth grader. You reason
like a second grader. Sure you've noticed how many times we've pointed
out your many, many errors.

Trashing Orions, which you've never heard, simply because I own them
really shows the unbounded depth of your audiophoolery and your reason
for being on usenet.

I'm not trashing them because you own them. I'm trashing YOU for
buying a speaker based upon marketing copy and specs rather than
listening tests.

*I didn't buy them. I built them for the fun of it and after thorough
review of their design principles and execution as well as numerous
recommendations from people who aren't ignorant wannabe audiowhores
like you.

But you never listened to them. Case closed, audiophool.

*It's really quite amusing that you stand adamantly opposed to
listening tests but trash people for taking a flyer on something
unheard.

Why should you give a ****? *Or is it because I don't take the word of
fat-assed morons whose claim to fame is excessive seat time aka, Boon?

If you took my word for it, you'd have a better-sounding system.

Your stereo sounds like ****. You need someone's help.

*We've also heard from one knowledgeable

*Boons defintion of knowledgeable - useful in debating trade.

What the hell is "Boons defintion"? You're such a moron.

No, idiot. Knowledgeable as someone in the audio biz who knows his
stuff.

poster here
that they are unimpressive,

LMAO. That was Arny you moron. * Put this one in the record books,
Marc Phillips claims Arny is knowledgeable. *Middiot is turning in his
sockpuppets grave.

No, actually it was John Stone, idiot.

And look at your complete hypocrisy. *You're not trashing
them...ooops...and you admittedly never heard them yourself.

I just told you that I didn't trash them, I trashed YOU.

How big an AUDIOPHOOL can you be in one post?

I don't know, Scott...how big of an audiophool can YOU be? You're the
one who bought an expensive pair of speakers without hearing them
first.

*and I've discussed them with another
knowledgeable person who says they are pretty good but WAY overpriced
for the money.

*WTF does "overpriced for the money" mean?
What an idiot.

It means you can buy a much better speaker for a lot less money.

*But more to the value point, where can you get a speaker for BOM cost
plus $300?
*Because that's what they cost me.

And you think I'm the person who lives and dies by price tags? LoL!

Newsflash: you could have done better for the money.

Anyone who buys into your occasional charade of being here for audio
discussions is an epic fool.

That rings false. We all know you are not here for audio discussions,

*IKYABWAI...lol

That's not a IKYABWAI, idiot.

and you shrink from them when they occur.

*I shrink from your boring audiophoolery which is exposed for all too
see.

It's "to see," you illiterate fool, not "too see." And you haven't
exposed ****. You've challenged me five times now on audio matters and
five times you've gone down in flames.

*You're too stupid to be on an audio group, you should leave.

You're the one who can't tell the difference from "to" or "too,"
"your" from "you're" and "there" from "they're." You're functionally
illiterate, you have Aspergers and you stay here despite the fact that
you're nothing more than the RAO court jester.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 9, 8:05*pm, Boon wrote:

You're the one who can't tell the difference from "to" or "too,"
"your" from "you're" and "there" from "they're." You're functionally
illiterate, you have Aspergers and you stay here despite the fact that
you're nothing more than the RAO court jester.

It looks to me like 2pid went off his meds...again.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 9, 9:50*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 9, 8:05*pm, Boon wrote:

You're the one who can't tell the difference from "to" or "too,"
"your" from "you're" and "there" from "they're." You're functionally
illiterate, you have Aspergers and you stay here despite the fact that
you're nothing more than the RAO court jester.

It looks to me like 2pid went off his meds...again.

I think he was tying one on this weekend. His angry, sloppy posts had
that drunken "and-lemme-tell-you-another-thing-goddamit" vibe. I'm
sure Jayna knows that tone all too well.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On May 9, 8:05*pm, Boon wrote:

You're the one who can't tell the difference from "to" or "too,"
"your" from "you're" and "there" from "they're." You're functionally
illiterate, you have Aspergers and you stay here despite the fact that
you're nothing more than the RAO court jester.

It looks to me like 2pid went off his meds...again.

I think he was tying one on this weekend. His angry, sloppy posts had
that drunken "and-lemme-tell-you-another-thing-goddamit" vibe. I'm
sure Jayna knows that tone all too well.

Maybe he's cowering because the Mercedes was repossessed. Things like
that happen when you make bad investments at the top of a bubble.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

wrote:
On May 9, 8:05*pm, Boon wrote:

You're the one who can't tell the difference from "to" or "too,"
"your" from "you're" and "there" from "they're." You're functionally
illiterate, you have Aspergers and you stay here despite the fact that
you're nothing more than the RAO court jester.

It looks to me like 2pid went off his meds...again.

I think he was tying one on this weekend. His angry, sloppy posts had
that drunken "and-lemme-tell-you-another-thing-goddamit" vibe. I'm
sure Jayna knows that tone all too well.

Maybe he's cowering because the Mercedes was repossessed. Things like
that happen when you make bad investments at the top of a bubble.

Like I said, he went from a Toyota Avalon to a Toyota Corolla to a
used Chevy Cobalt in just a few years while his wife drives an S-class
Mercedes. That "sounds like someone with misplaced priorities." LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On May 9, 8:05*pm, Boon wrote:

You're the one who can't tell the difference from "to" or "too,"
"your" from "you're" and "there" from "they're." You're functionally
illiterate, you have Aspergers and you stay here despite the fact that
you're nothing more than the RAO court jester.

It looks to me like 2pid went off his meds...again.

I think he was tying one on this weekend. His angry, sloppy posts had
that drunken "and-lemme-tell-you-another-thing-goddamit" vibe. I'm
sure Jayna knows that tone all too well.

Maybe he's cowering because the Mercedes was repossessed. Things like
that happen when you make bad investments at the top of a bubble.

Like I said, he went from a Toyota Avalon to a Toyota Corolla to a
used Chevy Cobalt in just a few years while his wife drives an S-class
Mercedes. That "sounds like someone with misplaced priorities." LoL.

I would counter that 2pid's wife apparently has her priorities exactly
in order. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Scott Wittevrongel of Vista, Ca. Lies Again

On May 11, 2:53�pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 9, 6:05�pm, Boon wrote:

No, idiot. Knowledgeable as someone in the audio biz who knows his
stuff.

�That leaves you out...way out.

Then that leaves you in the middle of the desert, because I can
achieve good sound in a listening room.

poster here
that they are unimpressive,

LMAO. That was Arny you moron. � Put this one in the record books,
Marc Phillips claims Arny is knowledgeable. �Middiot is turning in his
sockpuppets grave.

No, actually it was John Stone, idiot.

LoL. � John Stone is a very active poster on Linkwitz site and often
gives advice and guidance to people inquiring about Orions. �I've
never seen him make any such comment there or on any other forum.
Since Orions use Seas drivers it would be a rather odd position for
him to take. �He's also on Linkwitz list of people who have built
Orions and are available to seek auditions.

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/orion_challenge.htm

It would nice for John to drop by and tell you what a lying scumbag
you are to your face, but I suspect he finds the audio cesspool you've
created here beneath him.

In any case, thanks for proving again that you know nothing about
anything audio and will stoop to lying about good people like John to
try and score some lame debating trade points.

Anyone in the industry who has seen this tripe of yours should have no
doubt of what kind of person you are. �Liars like you eventually pay a
price for your foolishness. �Anyone in the industry should see what
you're willing to falsely say in their name with so little motive and
realize associating with you personally or professionally is a bad
idea.

Did I touch a nerve, Scotty?

Well...since you made the claim that it was Arny who said the Orions
had anemic bass, prove it! If you don't, then you're the liar.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Phillips Believes In Arny

On May 11, 6:25*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 11, 1:22*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 11, 2:53 pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 9, 6:05 pm, Boon wrote:

No, idiot. Knowledgeable as someone in the audio biz who knows his
stuff.

That leaves you out...way out.

Then that leaves you in the middle of the desert, because I can
achieve good sound in a listening room.

*What a pompous ass. Good sound is in the ears of the beholder, not
your fraudulent claims to knowledge. *Best sound you ever achieved was
the simulated foghorn of your Rega going off at 30hz. I don't think
you can stake a reputation on it.... but I'm sure you'll try.

[...]

He never said that and I never said he did. *

Yes you did.

They must have you in
restraints for fear your early onset Alzheimers will let your fat ass
wander out of the Kyle Texas truckstop and onto the freeway.

Well, let's see...I'm not in restraints, I don't have Alzheimers, I
weigh about 30 or 40 pounds less than you and there are no truck stops
in Kyle.

That's four lies in one sentence, scumbag.

*Can't
allow the valuable trucks to risk damage.

Whatever the **** that means.

If you don't, then you're the liar.

LoL. * Why don't you produce John Stone's alleged quote? ....Liar

Hey, I'll admit it may have been someone else other than John. But it
wasn't Arny. And since your original claim that I was claiming Arny
was an audio expert, and since you're trying to duck out of that right
now with this obfuscation, we can all assume you lied.

Anyway, for the record and what interest in truth may be left in your
scum riddled presence, Arny said, "I heard a pair near Detroit and
well, not so much."

That was an entirely different thread many months before the one we're
talking about.

What do you know, the idiot Marc Phillips is staking his professional
audiophool reputation to the opinion of Arny Kreuger. *LoL

Nope. You're still lying. I just proved it.

Unless you can show where Arny said your speakers have anemic bass,
your claim is false and you have lied.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 12, 4:52*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 11, 5:51*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 11, 6:25*pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 11, 1:22*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 11, 2:53 pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 9, 6:05 pm, Boon wrote:

[...]

*Prove it liar. * Do you really find these ridiculous circle jerk
arguments you childishly employ, amusing? *Pathetic.

Hey Scott, it's this simple:

You said I agreed with Arny about the anemic bass of your Linkwitz
Orions. You have yet to prove this. Until you do, you lied.

It's that simple. Any response from you other than a) a post that
supports your claim or b) an apology for being wrong, is an
obfuscation on your part.

I admitted that I may have been wrong about John Stone. (I think it
was Jim Smith...similar names, therefore my mistake.) I admit that
because I am a man, not a simpering little pussy like you.

Until you admit you were wrong about me agreeing with Arny about the
anemic bass of your speakers, you're a liar.

And I'll make sure they know it on the Padres and Chargers forums as
well.

Just be a man for once. For once.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 12, 4:52*pm, ScottW wrote:

*Do you really find these ridiculous circle jerk
arguments you childishly employ, amusing? *Pathetic.

LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 12, 7:54�pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 12, 4:52�pm, ScottW wrote:

�Do you really find these ridiculous circle jerk
arguments you childishly employ, amusing? �Pathetic.

LoL.

Indeed. I thought it was a lame, desperate obfuscation as well.

Funny how Scott has been strangely silent tonight. Perhaps he's
spending time in his new vacation home or some other wild fabrication.
Maybe he sold his Toyotas to buy a time share in some trailer park.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On May 12, 4:52 pm, ScottW wrote:

Do you really find these ridiculous circle jerk
arguments you childishly employ, amusing? Pathetic.

LoL.

Indeed. I thought it was a lame, desperate obfuscation as well.

Particularly because he emplys circular reasoning as a rule. I've even
quoted "Circle Games" during his 'discussions' with Jenn.

Funny how Scott has been strangely silent tonight. Perhaps he's
spending time in his new vacation home or some other wild fabrication.
Maybe he sold his Toyotas to buy a time share in some trailer park.

Or else he's frantically driving to local Mercedes dealerships in an
attempt to save his marriage. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 13, 1:28*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 12, 4:05*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 12, 4:52*pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 11, 5:51*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 11, 6:25*pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 11, 1:22*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 11, 2:53 pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 9, 6:05 pm, Boon wrote:

[...]

*Wrong. *I never said that and all you can do is repeat your false
claims.

*Once in your miserable life, try to be factually correct.

I said that another poster felt your speakers were unimpressive. You
said it was Arny. I said it wasn't. I just proved it wasn't Arny. You
lose.

You have yet to prove this. Until you do, you lied.

*LoL. *What a moron.

Now you're resorting to empty name-calling...JUST LIKE ARNY.

It's that simple. Any response from you other than a) a post that
supports your claim or b) an apology for being wrong, is an
obfuscation on your part.

*LoL * The jerks spins his endless circle.

It's pretty straightforward. I made a claim. You made a claim. I
proved mine...you call me names.

I admitted that I may have been wrong about John Stone.

LoL. *This is the first admission of the lie and the story falls apart
as all other you claim to be confused with have no credentials just as
you have no credentials
nor any credibility.

No. I made the claim that someone else here wasn't impressed by your
speakers. I said it was John Stone. Then I made a correction. Then I
proved my point, and proved you lied.

(I think it
was Jim Smith...similar names, therefore my mistake.) I admit that
because I am a man, not a simpering little pussy like you.

Until you admit you were wrong about me agreeing with Arny about the
anemic bass of your speakers, you're a liar.

And I'll make sure they know it on the Padres and Chargers forums as
well.

*Phillips obituary...... He was a usenet spammer and nothing more.

Nope...again that's you. You're the one who spams the group with
trolls and OT posts. You're the one who avoids audio discussions when
they occur. You're the one who runs away when invited to civil
discussions. You're the one who needs to leave.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 13, 2:53*pm, Boon wrote:

Nope...again that's you. You're the one who spams the group with
trolls and OT posts. You're the one who avoids audio discussions when
they occur. You're the one who runs away when invited to civil
discussions. You're the one who needs to leave.

Sorry, Boon, but he's to busy 'saving' RAO to leave.

Just like Bratzi.

Looking for help with Cerwin Vega D-9's [email protected] Audio Opinions 2 January 3rd 07 09:27 PM
Carlos Vega. Jimmy Lee Pro Audio 9 December 16th 03 05:40 PM
the right sub for 2 Cerwin Vega HED 15" SUB Larry Durst Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:15 AM
the right sub for 2 Cerwin Vega HED 15" SUB Larry Durst Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:15 AM
Cerwin Vega HED 15" SUB Larry Durst Car Audio 0 September 28th 03 02:22 AM