Default Hardware manufacturer-> auto fade console

I'm looking fo an hardware stuff that enables auto fade.
It should have a least 2 audio inputs.
On will be used for music-mixed input and the other a microphone (or
whatever).
The music level will lowered when I'll start talking in the mic, and when I
stop it'll turn back to the initial volume.

I'm looking for the name of a product or manufacturers that could do this..

I'm french so escuse my approximate english technical words

Thanks for your replies
Erwan

Same in french :
Je suis à la recherche d'un bidule qui aurait 2 entrées audio, et qui
baisserait automatiquement le niveau sonore d'une source, Lorsque je me
mettrai à parler dans le micro (et l'augmenterait lorsque j'arreterai).
J'avais vu ca dans un salon l'année dernière, et je suis incapable de
retrouver, le nom du produit ni même le fabricant.
Si vous avez des pistes, ou que vous vendez un bidule qui pourrait faire
ca...

Merci.

Scott Dorsey

I'm looking fo an hardware stuff that enables auto fade.
It should have a least 2 audio inputs.
On will be used for music-mixed input and the other a microphone (or
whatever).
The music level will lowered when I'll start talking in the mic, and when I
stop it'll turn back to the initial volume.

This is called ducking. You can do this with any compressor. Plug the
input of the mike preamp into the sidechain of the compressor and into
your console. Then plug the music source into the input of the compressor
and take the output of the compressor into the console. When the mike level
is up, the compressor will pull down the level of the music.

Ricky W. Hunt

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

This is called ducking. You can do this with any compressor. Plug the
input of the mike preamp into the sidechain of the compressor and into
your console.

You can do this with any compressor that has a sidechain input. No need to
correct Scott but I just didn't want the guy going out and buying just any
compressor thinking all compressors have a sidechain input.

Thx both of you.
I've founded a thing doing what I wanted
http://www.rdlnet.com/pdf/Data_Sheets/st-vp2.pdf

But I'll look for what you told me.
I don't know what will cost less so I won't forget your tips.

Thx again..