Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default What went wrong during the DEM debates

Sounds like they may have been using an AUTO mixer.

And they forgot to (and then didn't know how to) turn off the radio lavs for the group 1 moderators.

Looks like each of the 10 candidates had a wireless lav and a podium mic.

???

mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 7:11:06 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Sounds like they may have been using an AUTO mixer.

And they forgot to (and then didn't know how to) turn off the radio lavs for the group 1 moderators.

Looks like each of the 10 candidates had a wireless lav and a podium mic.

???

mark

Can we get this term correct? They are lectern microphones. What they are standing on is the podium. Podium mic's would be for Flamenco dancers.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Can we get this term correct? They are lectern microphones. What they
are standing on is the podium. Podium mic's would be for Flamenco
dancers.

I appreciate the clarification, but I checked two prominent dictionaries
and both listed one of the definitions of 'podium' as simply, 'lectern'. Misuse marches
on to become established and correct.

Tobiah
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Interesting how the mic "malfunction" occurred
just as the topic was turning to firearms and
gun control.

Sound crew have views too!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 6/28/2019 5:36 PM, wrote:
Interesting how the mic "malfunction" occurred
just as the topic was turning to firearms and
gun control.

Don't shoot the sound crew.

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , Tobiah wrote:
Can we get this term correct? They are lectern microphones. What they
are standing on is the podium. Podium mic's would be for Flamenco
dancers.

I appreciate the clarification, but I checked two prominent dictionaries
and both listed one of the definitions of 'podium' as simply, 'lectern'. Misuse marches

And this, in short, is why we need a language academy like the French and
Swedes have. With authority to lock people up in jail for using "party"
as a verb.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 6/28/2019 3:38 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Tobiah wrote:
Can we get this term correct? They are lectern microphones. What they
are standing on is the podium. Podium mic's would be for Flamenco
dancers.

I appreciate the clarification, but I checked two prominent dictionaries
and both listed one of the definitions of 'podium' as simply, 'lectern'. Misuse marches

And this, in short, is why we need a language academy like the French and
Swedes have. With authority to lock people up in jail for using "party"
as a verb.
--scott

I'll ${literally} be too busy shaking hands with all of my friends to
notice.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/06/2019 10:38 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Tobiah wrote:
Can we get this term correct? They are lectern microphones. What they
are standing on is the podium. Podium mic's would be for Flamenco
dancers.

I appreciate the clarification, but I checked two prominent dictionaries
and both listed one of the definitions of 'podium' as simply, 'lectern'. Misuse marches

And this, in short, is why we need a language academy like the French and
Swedes have. With authority to lock people up in jail for using "party"
as a verb.
--scott

Can handle 'party' as a verb. Can't handle 'already' as an imperative
for something being demanded to be done.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article , Tobiah wrote:
Can we get this term correct? They are lectern microphones. What they
are standing on is the podium. Podium mic's would be for Flamenco
dancers.

I appreciate the clarification, but I checked two prominent dictionaries
and both listed one of the definitions of 'podium' as simply, 'lectern'. Misuse marches

And this, in short, is why we need a language academy like the French and
Swedes have. With authority to lock people up in jail for using "party"
as a verb.
--scott

And for spelling humour, labour, etc without a 'u', and for using 'z'
instead of 's' in '....ise' words.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Can handle 'party' as a verb. Can't handle 'already' as an imperative
for something being demanded to be done.

geoff

Alright already!

Regards,

Ty Ford
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 30/06/2019 2:30 AM, Ty Ford wrote:
Can handle 'party' as a verb. Can't handle 'already' as an imperative
for something being demanded to be done.

geoff

Alright already!

Regards,

Ty Ford

More as in "Hey you guys please do this already !".

Truly bizarre, in this time-space continuum at least ;-)

geoff