DaveL

Default Chinese HDCDs ?

I have a new cd player which is HDCD compatible. It turns out that I only
have one HDCD disk in my entire cd collection and it sounds awesome. I was
thinking about buying some more hdcd disks. It's not easy tracking these
down. I see some on ebay from China. Anybody ever tried these? Do they
suck? I have this idea that they are simply regular CDs that the Chinese
have bootlegged.

DaveL

Tai Fu

I don't trust the Chinese stuff... most are bootlegged to begin with. They
sell alot of bootlegged DVD that is filmed from a movie theater and
therefore their quality is worse than VCD. However their prices are very
low... Sometime you will get ripped DVD (which is far better) but that is a
hit or miss...

--
TAI FU
http://creationism.dyndns.org/

Codifus

Tai Fu wrote:
I don't trust the Chinese stuff... most are bootlegged to begin with. They
sell alot of bootlegged DVD that is filmed from a movie theater and
therefore their quality is worse than VCD. However their prices are very
low... Sometime you will get ripped DVD (which is far better) but that is a
hit or miss...

--
TAI FU
http://creationism.dyndns.org/

Does it really matter? HDCD is a dead format walking.

CD
plew@csus_abcdefghij.edu

On 2005-11-02, DaveL AKA wrote:
I have a new cd player which is HDCD compatible. It turns out that I only
have one HDCD disk in my entire cd collection and it sounds awesome. I was
thinking about buying some more hdcd disks. It's not easy tracking these
down. I see some on ebay from China. Anybody ever tried these? Do they
suck? I have this idea that they are simply regular CDs that the Chinese
have bootlegged.

DaveL

For jazz, Narada Jazz puts out HDCDs for Keiko Matsui's recordings; a couple
may not be labeled as "HDCD" but they are since I had to switch to the
alternate input for analogue.

Be aware that if you change your receiver and/or player, you might have to
connect both the digital & analogue output from the player; the analogue
out may have to be connected to another input of the receiver.

Anyone Read Chinese? west Vacuum Tubes 3 July 25th 05 01:10 AM
Chinese study notyp Vacuum Tubes 1 May 8th 05 06:34 AM
The Chinese Century Gary P Marketplace 0 July 12th 04 08:13 AM
The Chinese Century Gary P Audio Opinions 0 July 12th 04 08:12 AM
The Bankruptcy Of The "Intellectual" Left pyjamarama Audio Opinions 0 April 9th 04 02:27 PM