Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill A.[_2_] Bill A.[_2_] is offline

Default Any info on the TDL 4010 phono preamp?

Hello all –

I transfer 78 rpm and mono LPs for my own (and others) entertainment.
Part of the puzzle of restoration process is proper equalization. I
currently use both a digital package (Diamond Cut DC7) and an analog
tool (Sonic Re-equalizer) to address these issues on old discs.

Recently I came across an advertisement for new phono preamp from TDL
Technology:

http://www.tdl-tech.com/data4010.htm

I have never heard of this company or product. But the description and
flexibility of this preamp is intriguing. Has anyone here worked with
this company’s equipment, or more specifically, this item?

Any insight or comments are welcome. Thanks.

- Bill Anderson
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler[_2_] Paul Stamler[_2_] is offline

"Bill A." wrote in message

Recently I came across an advertisement for new phono preamp from TDL
Technology:

http://www.tdl-tech.com/data4010.htm

I have never heard of this company or product. But the description and
flexibility of this preamp is intriguing. Has anyone here worked with
this company’s equipment, or more specifically, this item?

Any insight or comments are welcome. Thanks.

No experience with this product, but the choice of settings is excellent,
and pretty much what I'd specify in a preamp for this purpose. If the
performance is good and clean, I'd say it'd be a step up from what you're
using now. (Re-equalizers always bothered me; in analog work, preamplifying
to an RIAA curve, then redoing it with your selected curve, always seemed
like a bass-ackwards way of doing things.)

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Bill A." wrote in message

Hello all –

I transfer 78 rpm and mono LPs for my own (and others)
entertainment. Part of the puzzle of restoration process
is proper equalization. I currently use both a digital
package (Diamond Cut DC7) and an analog tool (Sonic
Re-equalizer) to address these issues on old discs.

Recently I came across an advertisement for new phono
preamp from TDL Technology:

http://www.tdl-tech.com/data4010.htm

I have never heard of this company or product. But the
description and flexibility of this preamp is intriguing.
Has anyone here worked with this company’s equipment, or
more specifically, this item?

Any insight or comments are welcome. Thanks.

They are obviously technically incompetent because their noise spec charts
are meaningless.

By this I mean figures 2 and 3 in http://www.tdl-tech.com/data4041.pdf

In fact the location of the noise floor is a function of the number of FFT
"buckets" that are used in the analysis. Double the number of buckets and
the so-called noise floor goes down by about 3 dB.

FS: Connoisseur Mares 2.0 Phono Preamp. $6000. Best Phono Stage? mnawaz3 Marketplace 1 March 26th 11 10:54 PM
phono preamp Wika Pro Audio 2 September 11th 07 09:49 AM
Wanted: Info on Audio Technica Signet TK1E Phono Cartridge G Marketplace 5 September 16th 03 08:37 AM
Phono preamp Eric Delongchamp Audio Opinions 0 September 14th 03 08:52 AM
WTB: PHONO PREAMP MM/MC; MOVING COIL; PHONO PREAMP OR PRE PREAMP) MusicismyLife! Marketplace 0 July 12th 03 04:54 AM