Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Servin

Default Altec 15356a Line Transformer

Hello,

I just an Altec 15356a line transformer (black 8 pin can). I'd like to
use it inside an analog synth to conver from hi impedance to low
inpediance and output to an xlr jack on the back. Essentially I'd like
to hook it up so that there's a D.I. box already inside the synth.

Is this a passive device? It seems to be. I have the base to use it as
a standalone device, so I am assuming it needs no power.

Anyone who's used this transforer for a passive D.I. box, please let
me know the proper wiring. I can't seem to figure out how to wiring it
correctly.

Signal flow: Unbalanced, high impedence input to balanced
low-impedence output.

Please help, I heard these were great and it will fit nicely into my
synth.

Basically I'm not sure what the diagram on the thing is about.

The primary/input side has options for 600 ohm or 150 ohm. The
secondary/output is 600 ohm.

The words CONN. and STRAP are used. What does strap mean? Jump a wire
from pin to pin? Does CONN. denote input and output connections?

Please help, I am confused.

Thanks.

Servin