CJT

Default humming noise sound problem.

KnightRdrX wrote:

I hope i've come to the right place.
please listen to my problem
I've had this buzzing sound for a long time now....
In my room I have, a home theatre system, computer, and stage works amp which
i use for my 2 keyboards(no sound problems there) and i also use it as computer
speakers. But if i turn the volume up enough, i get a buzz sound playing back
any sound on the computer. This is really a problem now because i want to
record, and i can hear the noise in the recordings
I think maybe I have a grounding problem somewhere.
When I run a long RCA cable from a sound source such as a vcr ,into the sound
card and then another set out to the amp I get a buzzing noise and it affects
my .wav recordings. In fact all i have to do is touch the other end of the
plugs w/ my finger and i get noise.
now i've tested just about everything...
the yamaha receiver and speakers always sound great by itself w/ the vcr, cd
player, dvd player etc.

now...taking any quality/length rca stereo cables.........we go....
cassette deck to receiver = fine ( i did get the same noise by touching the
''in' end of the plugs, but once they went into the cassette deck, the noise
went away)

vcr to receiver = fine (no noise)
unplug from receiver..plug into amp (NOISE!)
vcr or dvd player 'out' to sound card 'in' sound card 'out' to yamaha
receiver aux 'in ' (NOISE)
i even have the computer plugged into the wall w/ out the bottom prong.
the computer is apparantly interfering here...BUT

the noise isn't just coming from the computer. Because i get the noise if i
go directly from the vcr 'out' to the amp 'in'.
i am puzzled!
i hope someone can help me out here
thanks
Paul

If you have cable TV, read any of the myriad threads discussing the
problems of ground loops caused by cable connections. Test if that's
your problem by disconnecting the cable temporarily.