Glenn Zelniker

Default "The American Conservative" on BushCo

I was at the bookstore looking at magazines when the latest
issue of "The American Conservative" caught my eye. Its
cover story is called "Pinocchio Presidency." I thought it
would be worth a read. I felt embarrassed buying it, kinda
like I was buying pornography, but it proved to be a
compelling read.

From the abstract:

"The Bush administration lied America into war, and the
damage to our credibility will be long-lasting and grave.
Admitting the truth would help repair the harm."

The piece was extremely critical of the Bush cabal -- so
critical, in fact, that it was hard to differentiate it from
the kinds of criticism heaped on BushCo by "The Nation" and
other left-leaning publications.

Those of you on the right who still insist on defending this
band of neocon goons, thugs, and liars would do well to read
the article.

The article is by Doug Bandow, a fellow at the conservative
Cato Institute and a former Reagan assistant.
Bruce J. Richman

Glenn Zelniker wrote:

I was at the bookstore looking at magazines when the latest
issue of "The American Conservative" caught my eye. Its
cover story is called "Pinocchio Presidency." I thought it
would be worth a read. I felt embarrassed buying it, kinda
like I was buying pornography, but it proved to be a
compelling read.

From the abstract:

"The Bush administration lied America into war, and the
damage to our credibility will be long-lasting and grave.
Admitting the truth would help repair the harm."

The piece was extremely critical of the Bush cabal -- so
critical, in fact, that it was hard to differentiate it from
the kinds of criticism heaped on BushCo by "The Nation" and
other left-leaning publications.

Those of you on the right who still insist on defending this
band of neocon goons, thugs, and liars would do well to read
the article.

The article is by Doug Bandow, a fellow at the conservative
Cato Institute and a former Reagan assistant.

Sheesh. Is nothing sacred ?

Bruce J. Richman

Michael McKelvy

"Glenn Zelniker" wrote in message
I was at the bookstore looking at magazines when the latest
issue of "The American Conservative" caught my eye. Its
cover story is called "Pinocchio Presidency." I thought it
would be worth a read. I felt embarrassed buying it, kinda
like I was buying pornography, but it proved to be a
compelling read.

From the abstract:

"The Bush administration lied America into war, and the
damage to our credibility will be long-lasting and grave.
Admitting the truth would help repair the harm."

The piece was extremely critical of the Bush cabal -- so
critical, in fact, that it was hard to differentiate it from
the kinds of criticism heaped on BushCo by "The Nation" and
other left-leaning publications.

Those of you on the right who still insist on defending this
band of neocon goons, thugs, and liars would do well to read
the article.

It's just that they are better than the leftist liars and goons on the
otherr side. I still vote for another party.

The article is by Doug Bandow, a fellow at the conservative
Cato Institute and a former Reagan assistant.

Joe Duffy

In article ,
Glenn Zelniker wrote:
I was at the bookstore looking at magazines when the latest
issue of "The American Conservative" caught my eye. Its
cover story is called "Pinocchio Presidency." I thought it
would be worth a read. I felt embarrassed buying it, kinda
like I was buying pornography, but it proved to be a
compelling read.

From the abstract:

"The Bush administration lied America into war, and the
damage to our credibility will be long-lasting and grave.
Admitting the truth would help repair the harm."

Bush is a liar.
It is almost cliche to charge
a President with lying.
However, I must finally agree that lying
to invade a foreign nation is
more heinous than lying about
sexual piccadilloes.
No admission of truth will be
forthcoming. To suggest such is
merely to be disingenuous.

Joe

carl

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
. net...

"Glenn Zelniker" wrote in message
I was at the bookstore looking at magazines when the latest
issue of "The American Conservative" caught my eye. Its
cover story is called "Pinocchio Presidency." I thought it
would be worth a read. I felt embarrassed buying it, kinda
like I was buying pornography, but it proved to be a
compelling read.

From the abstract:

"The Bush administration lied America into war, and the
damage to our credibility will be long-lasting and grave.
Admitting the truth would help repair the harm."

The piece was extremely critical of the Bush cabal -- so
critical, in fact, that it was hard to differentiate it from
the kinds of criticism heaped on BushCo by "The Nation" and
other left-leaning publications.

Those of you on the right who still insist on defending this
band of neocon goons, thugs, and liars would do well to read
the article.

It's just that they are better than the leftist liars and goons on the
otherr side. I still vote for another party.

The article is by Doug Bandow, a fellow at the conservative
Cato Institute and a former Reagan assistant.

Ah yes - The intellectual 'wasted vote' ala the green party el. al.

At least we know the middle of the road extremists will never elect anybody
to anything beyond a school board or two bit mayor in oregon....

Michael McKelvy

"Joe Duffy" wrote in message
Glenn Zelniker wrote:
I was at the bookstore looking at magazines when the latest
issue of "The American Conservative" caught my eye. Its
cover story is called "Pinocchio Presidency." I thought it
would be worth a read. I felt embarrassed buying it, kinda
like I was buying pornography, but it proved to be a
compelling read.

From the abstract:

"The Bush administration lied America into war, and the
damage to our credibility will be long-lasting and grave.
Admitting the truth would help repair the harm."

Bush is a liar.
It is almost cliche to charge
a President with lying.
However, I must finally agree that lying
to invade a foreign nation is
more heinous than lying about
sexual piccadilloes.
No admission of truth will be
forthcoming. To suggest such is
merely to be disingenuous.

Joe

So far the only lie I know Bush has been accused of is, that there were no
WMD's and the administration exaggerated about them. AFAIK nobody has yet
proved this to be true. The UN, and every country in the world with intel
capability said the same thing, IOW they all believed he had them, and in
fact he may well have had them and has hidden them or shipped them to other
countries.

Until and unless actual proof of this "lie" is mad available, I choose to
reserve judgment.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

The Bankruptcy Of The "Intellectual" Left pyjamarama Audio Opinions 0 April 9th 04 02:27 PM
John Kerry's Trail of Treachery pyjamarama Audio Opinions 0 April 8th 04 12:06 PM
Pyjamamama Sandman Audio Opinions 14 December 16th 03 04:44 AM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM
O.T. Grocery clerks strike Michael Mckelvy Audio Opinions 338 November 14th 03 07:32 PM