William Sommerwerck

You are looking ridiculous, refusing to admit the obvious, i.e.,
that a lot of equipment is purchased because of a good review.

I'm not the least embarrassed to admit that I bought the high-end Sony
multi-channel SACD player Stereophile gave a "product of the year" review
to. I'm very happy with it.

Iain M Churches wrote:
wrote in message

But glowing reviews of totally useless items such as Shakti Stones and
Shun Mook Mpingo, high $ power cords, etc., discs make intelligent
decisions more difficult, don't they?

Indeed, and also make it difficult to take any other reviews by the same
write seriously.

Oh, quite, quite. Some reviewers are entirely indicative of snake oil
and quackery, so as such they serve a valuable purpose as signs of
"Bull**** spoken here", and their endorsements serve to warn me away
from whatever they're peddling.

Francois.

dave weil

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:19:02 GMT, SSJVCmag
wrote:

On 6/20/05 6:04 PM, in article
.com, "
wrote:
cowboy wrote:
Stereophile is a corporate sell-out rag, designed to give raving reviews of
all of its advertisers

Succinct and to the point. The best summation of Stereophile in years!
:-))

BEN! it's yet ANOTHER thread on a magazine discussion that ha NO PLACE being
crossposted where it's going!
Let's Kill It Now!
Thanks!

Thank you for your crossposting input.

Now go away with your off-topic crossposts.

Please.
dale

these topic is a good example of
"Bull**** spoken here"

robert casey

Cowboy, that's like putting up a screen to hide folks dumping trash on the
street in front of your house... Better , it'd help if folks paid attention
to where they sent posts, and weren;t just unconscionably inconsiderate by
continuing to crosspost across groups that have NO desire for this thread!
Let's edit those crosspost headers!
Thanks!

Let us know which groups we should remove. The ones I see in
the header don't look to be that wrong to me...

Ned Carlson

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:35:27 +0200, Sander deWaal wrote:

Doesn't that depend on the person judging the system?

BTW there are some very good sounding juke boxes (for a juke box) out
there.
All of them with tube amps ;-)

I had an AMI F (1955) and an AMI J (1959) both had GE VRII magnetic
pickups, ported woofers, a decent tweeter, and ultralinear
output. Frankly, a lot better than the competition, which usually
had the woofer (or full range speaker) mounted on a baffle
board like a Fender guitar amp or a cheap EJ Korvette's Xam
console stereo. (to Korvette's credit, they also sold
Harmon-Kardon and Dynaco gear)

IIRC, both of those wound up in Holland, which as I understand it,
is the European mecca for discriminating jukebox collectors.

The main problems with jukeboxes are the same as ever, the source
material (all over the map) and the playback mechanism (back then,
rumbly offspeed 45 turntables, now cheap CD mechs).

--
Ned Carlson Triode Electronics Chicago,IL USA
www.triodeelectronics.com

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro
Gary Sokolich

Default The problem with Stereophile, in a nutshell

Bob Cain wrote in
:

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jocelyn Major"

Phil Allison

** What gives you the right to completely change someone's post
before adding your asinine reply ??

???? I simply don't understand what is your problem.

** Answer the question - bitch:

Phil's (and Sokolich's, aka The Ghost) problem:

http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fun/fsckhead.html
Bob

Seems to me like a pretty accurate portrait of pshcyo Bob Cain.

The problem with Stereophile, in a nutshell [email protected] Pro Audio 183 May 6th 06 10:14 PM
Some Recording Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 19 February 16th 05 08:54 PM
CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 10:47 AM
Does anyone know of this challenge? [email protected] High End Audio 453 June 28th 04 03:43 AM
Note to the Idiot George M. Middius Audio Opinions 222 January 8th 04 08:13 PM