Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] konrad.strele@gmx.at is offline

Default e80cc = 12au7?

Am Donnerstag, 6. April 2000 09:00:00 UTC+2 schrieb Danielle Holden:
Someone is selling e80cc's on ebay and claiming they are can be used in
place of a 12au7. Is this true? I cant confirm the equivalence
anywhere.

John

I use a Chinese Sonicgear amplifier for my PC. It actually uses one ECC82 / 12AU7 tube for preamp. I replaced it with a NOS Tungsram E80CC and never regretted that. The improvement in sound is unbelieveable.
But be cautious: may be the E80CC can replace an ECC82 only for audio but not for driver.
John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Am Donnerstag, 6. April 2000 09:00:00 UTC+2 schrieb Danielle Holden:
Someone is selling e80cc's on ebay and claiming they are can be used in
place of a 12au7. Is this true? I cant confirm the equivalence
anywhere.

John

I use a Chinese Sonicgear amplifier for my PC. It actually uses one ECC82 / 12AU7 tube for preamp. I replaced it with a NOS Tungsram E80CC and never regretted that. The improvement in sound is unbelieveable.
But be cautious: may be the E80CC can replace an ECC82 only for audio but not for driver.
The e80cc is neither a 12AU7 or 12AX7. See it here-

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/190/e/E80CC.pdf

& here-

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/009/e/E80CC.pdf

It is spec’d for digital applications, specifically cathode interface caused by long ‘OFF’ periods. Should be AOK for audio!

Cheers to all, John L Stewart
Attached Images

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
jh[_3_] jh[_3_] is offline

On 08.07.2015 10:17, John L Stewart wrote:
;988400 Wrote:
[...]

|Filename: Avater.gif |
|Download: http://www.audiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=414|

....it is a wonderfull tube for audio - pristine

regards

Jochen
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

;988400 Wrote:
[...]

Sure it is! But it is NOT always a valid substitute for a 12AU7, nor does it equal a 12AU7. That would be the point. And representing it as such is simply wrong.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
jh[_3_] jh[_3_] is offline

;988400 Wrote:
[...]

Did I?

I don't think so.

The E800CC is still a wonderful tube for audio

;-)

regards

Jochen

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

On 07/12/15 07:26, jh so wittily quipped:
;988400 Wrote:
[...]

I don't think anyone disputes that. but applications requiring a 12AU7
[let's say a reverb drive or AB2 drive] might not work the same. I
think *that* was the point.

FS: NOS GZ34 E80CC iga Vacuum Tubes 2 October 3rd 08 06:18 AM
FA Mullard E80CC GZ34 iga Vacuum Tubes 0 June 1st 04 02:49 PM
FA Mullard GZ34, E80CC etc iga Vacuum Tubes 0 May 24th 04 12:38 PM
FA : GZ34, E80CC etc iga Vacuum Tubes 0 April 28th 04 03:06 PM
FA: NOS GZ34 E80CC iga Vacuum Tubes 0 April 25th 04 08:05 AM