Eddie Runner

Default Lee is a Moron! He Attacks Eddie Runner!!

does he claim to know paul?

Mark Zarella wrote:

Mark, if someone claims they are on RAC and dont know YOUR name
then they MUST BE a liar,.... Hell you post a reply to ANYTHING and
EVERYTHING!!

Havent seens anything like you since old Phil Gunther used to reply
to every single RAC post... But Phil didnt actually know anything
he was just insecure and wanted someone to talk to him...

I may be the most frequent poster over the last 3 years or so, but over the
past year Vina's got me beat by a mile!

Lee

And you guys wonder why the activity has grown smaller and smaller.
Good job guys, perhaps when there is only the three of yo
rec.audio.car will be perfect. Too bad there will be no publi
involved in this public forum.

My medium has 100 times the activity of this channel, and yet I com
here to draw all of these "people" to my forum for my gain? This ide
explains the left handed logic I read from you. I think Mark is th
only one that didn't claim I was here to sell something .. the fact
that my forum has no advertising of any kind, has never accepted an
donations ever and that I have made efforts to breath life back int
this channel by exposing it to 3000 people a day doesn't speak fo
itself.

There is a cancer here alright, and it is the idea that this publi
forum should be "dominated" by two guys.

You asked what I have done .. I have promoted activity here, it seem
that your job is to dissuade anyone from returning.

It is clear that the dinosaurs left here are only concerned wit
keeping what "power" they think is theirs and run off any potential ne
growth .. it is sad to see that this is what has become o
rec.audio.ca
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17687

Mark Zarella

And you guys wonder why the activity has grown smaller and smaller.
Good job guys, perhaps when there is only the three of you
rec.audio.car will be perfect. Too bad there will be no public
involved in this public forum.

My medium has 100 times the activity of this channel, and yet I come
here to draw all of these "people" to my forum for my gain? This idea
explains the left handed logic I read from you. I think Mark is the
only one that didn't claim I was here to sell something .. the facts
that my forum has no advertising of any kind, has never accepted any
donations ever and that I have made efforts to breath life back into
this channel by exposing it to 3000 people a day doesn't speak for
itself.

There is a cancer here alright, and it is the idea that this public
forum should be "dominated" by two guys.

You asked what I have done .. I have promoted activity here, it seems
that your job is to dissuade anyone from returning.

It is clear that the dinosaurs left here are only concerned with
keeping what "power" they think is theirs and run off any potential new
growth .. it is sad to see that this is what has become of
rec.audio.car

Wow, dramatic enough?

You boast of quantity, but say nothing of quality. I'll refrain from
further comment on that.

thelizman

Lee wrote:

There is a cancer here alright, and it is the idea that this public
forum should be "dominated" by two guys.

It is clear that the dinosaurs left here are only concerned with
keeping what "power" they think is theirs and run off any potential new
growth .. it is sad to see that this is what has become of
rec.audio.car

You are SUCH a drama queen...

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

Eddie Runner

Yeah Mark,
I have been to his Forum and I never thought it was
anything special, there are so many out there to choose from
his was not memorable to me....

Mark Zarella wrote:

It is clear that the dinosaurs left here are only concerned with
keeping what "power" they think is theirs and run off any potential new
growth .. it is sad to see that this is what has become of
rec.audio.car

Wow, dramatic enough?

You boast of quantity, but say nothing of quality. I'll refrain from
further comment on that.

geolemon

Color me biased (belonging to Lee's forum - which is how I saw thi
thread in fact) and ignorant (not knowing what apparently is som
history being alluded to here)...
...but as far as this thread goes, you'll observe that Lee is the onl
one who's put up anything resembling mature or rational here.

As an outside observer, I'm simply seeing immature behaviors, his repl
to them, and the weak and immature inabilities to refute his reply
that I'd hope really might prove cause for a little self-reflection.

I know, after oberving little other than this brief thread, that I'
certainly not tremendously motivated to give rec.audio.car m
participation.
You might ponder that... am I the only one
-
geolemo
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17687

thelizman

geolemon wrote:
I know, after oberving little other than this brief thread, that I'm
certainly not tremendously motivated to give rec.audio.car my
participation.
You might ponder that... am I the only one?

What you fail to understand is that this very post exemplifies the
problem with people like you and Lee. Did you quote the text to which
you are replying? No. Did you adjust the Subject line? No. You have
failed in every way to adhere to acceptable usenet protocol.

Usenet is a public resource - it is not for anyone one individual to
control or allocate as they see fit. Yet this is precisedly what Lee has
attempted to do. He is using an interface to allow WWW postings to be
flooded onto rec.audio.car with improper formatting. He is republishing
posts on his site and representing them as being on his forum. He has
shown no respect for the customs and protocols which make usenet
practical. In addition, he has stolen copyrighted material (the
rec.audio.car FAQ) and posted it to his sight, and assumed the right to
do with it as he pleases. I'm sure thats not what Ted Koseki had in mind
back in 91.

How would you like it if I walked into your house, rearranged your
furniture, parked my car in your garage, and then invited all my friends
over to raid your fridge, puke on your carpet, and order hundreds of
dollars of pay-per-view? Thats basically what Lee is unabashedly doing.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
Lee

Mark Zarella wrote:
*You boast of quantity, but say nothing of quality. I'll refrain
from further comment on that. *

Quality?

So you're saying that what you three have been posting on this and the
FAQ topic is quality? You guys are deluding yourselves. You attack me
for trying to setup a method to update the FAQ (which I did over two
years ago), you attack me for promoting access to this newsgroup (also
done over two years ago), you attack me for not knowing who you are,
and you guys consider this quality? Give me a break; you guys are
clearly the bullies, teaming up on anyone that would dare trespass on
your perceived turf.

Quantity?

With quantity comes variety, and with variety comes debate; debate and
the exchange of ideas is the purpose of any public forum -- not the
worship of past-their-prime junk yard dogs that simply chase away
visitors.

For rec.audio.car to survive, instead of dwindling away, it must adapt
and change. It must grow. As long as you guys have the attitude that
anything new, or new to you, needs to be destroyed, or that you
"dominate" this medium, it will continue to lose visitors -- this may
be your goal, so my saying this may be pointless.
--
Lee
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=176872

Eddie Runner

geolemon wrote:

Color me biased (belonging to Lee's forum

I will

which is how I saw this
thread in fact) and ignorant (not knowing what apparently is some
history being alluded to here)...

Is he so desperate he is crossposting the RAC threads to his own FORUM?

..but as far as this thread goes, you'll observe that Lee is the only
one who's put up anything resembling mature or rational here.

If you had the RAC ettiquitte you need you would be quoting so
we would know WTF you are talking about ... General terms
about unspecified folks and unspecified posts are pretty meaningless
dont you think??

Of course, on your almighty forums you can just look up the page
a step or two... here on RAC we cant and dont wanna do that.

As an outside observer, I'm simply seeing immature behaviors,

namely?

his reply
to them, and the weak and immature inabilities to refute his reply -

namely?

that I'd hope really might prove cause for a little self-reflection.

I been self reflecting on RAC for well over a decade now...
Whats you excuse?

being that your new here, have you seen...
http://www.teamrocs.com/crap/newbie.htm

???

I know, after oberving little other than this brief thread, that I'm
certainly not tremendously motivated to give rec.audio.car my
participation.

then why are you here?
I would think the FUN we have with your MASTER there
would draw more folks in to join the fun... That is why your
really here isnt it?

You might ponder that... am I the only one?

Ponder, ???
Keep that up and you will go blind!

Eddie
With a handle like golyman and he calls us imature...!!
Why cant these kiddies use the names thier momma gave em??

Mark Zarella

Quality?

So you're saying that what you three have been posting on this and the
FAQ topic is quality?

I was referring to more generally, but I'll answer your question anyway with
a yes. This thread has actually resulted in the planning of a revamping of
the official FAQ. A quality FAQ, unlike the misinformation in all but two
other web sources I've come across on the subject (the BCAE site and the
installer.com site).

More generally speaking, the level of expertise in this newsgroup is
superior to your forum. The regular visitors of this newsgroup consists of
people who have been in the industry since you were in pampers, people who
currently work for manufacturers and the like, people who have published
work on various topics related to the industry, and people who are actively
involved in research and/or development related to the topic. I'd consider
that quality.

You guys are deluding yourselves. You attack me
for trying to setup a method to update the FAQ (which I did over two
years ago),

The keeper of the FAQ already has a method in place. Why are you trying to
circumvent his method? Yours is better?

you attack me for promoting access to this newsgroup (also
done over two years ago),

Quality vs. Quantity.

you attack me for not knowing who you are,

No, we doubt that your claims are valid because you don't know who we are.
For good or bad, our names have been plastered across this NG for several
years.

and you guys consider this quality? Give me a break; you guys are
clearly the bullies, teaming up on anyone that would dare trespass on
your perceived turf.

Quantity?

With quantity comes variety, and with variety comes debate; debate and
the exchange of ideas is the purpose of any public forum -- not the
worship of past-their-prime junk yard dogs that simply chase away
visitors.

You can't debate with fools.

For rec.audio.car to survive, instead of dwindling away, it must adapt
and change. It must grow. As long as you guys have the attitude that
anything new, or new to you, needs to be destroyed, or that you
"dominate" this medium, it will continue to lose visitors -- this may
be your goal, so my saying this may be pointless.

There are plenty of newer regulars around here. Just look around. Take a
look at my thread about "most prolific poster" and you'll see data that
shows that the top 10 posters in this newsgroup have all been around here
for under 2 years.

EFFENDI

Lee wrote:

Mark Zarella wrote:

[...]

I have seen guys like you come and go Lee. The thing is that in the 5 or
so years I have been reading and participating in r.a.c. that it has
NEVER changed. Change is not good in our case. I hate some of the people
on here but it doesnt stop me from being involved. Sometimes you stick
out your neck and someone comes along and beats you to death. That is
life man. I like r.a.c. because its just like real life. If you go and
stay stupid ****, then you get told. Then you go around other web
resources, researching and reading hours and hours, learning. come back
wit knowledge and school the whole ****in internet commuinity. That is
the way. I think most of the people here like the way r.a.c. is and it
wont change. Sure there is going to be the odd newbie now and then but
thats another thing...

I tried to do something with a little thing called I.C.E. it was
supposed to be a weekly discussion to help newbies out on a specific
part of in car entertainment (ie. wiring, power ratings, how speakers
work, etc.) it was a useless attempt. Most people on rec.audio.car have
been involved for a minute, i mean a Miiiiinuuute...a long ass time, and
that is how they like it. They dont like newbies coming in and asking
stupid questions. thats why i tried to start I.C.E. Just to shut people
up but there just isnt enough people interested or out there. Plus, it
is a lot of work for nothing. No recognition, no power, and you gain
nothing but wasted time. And there are plenty of other resources.

There is an abundance of crappy forums out there and a few good ones.
but posting r.a.c. posts on to a forum is pretty desparate if you ask
me. it is really immature for anyone to shut you down for trying to
breathe life into this lifeless newsgroup: i have tried myself as i
mentioned. But dont waste your time if you want advice based from my own
experiences. the thing is Lee is that no matter how hard you try there
is always a risk when sticking out your neck. Someone will be there
waiting to beat you down. If you want to change things come to the table
with an original idea. like mine (was). But dont llet me get you down,
keep tryin. i didnt have to put up things on another website. promoting
visitation to your forums does not promote more users to visit r.a.c. it
takes them away. If you are going to do **** then do it here and stay
here. That is the best thing you can do to bring "visitors" to r.a.c.
There are plenty other websites (eatel for example) that cover much more
and with its own perspectve separate from r.a.c.

rec.audio.car is not the be all end all newsgroup. most of these
mother****ers around here read other forums and other newsgroups too.
Its like trying to read one chapter of a little book. There is much more
to be covered and a single chapter cant cover it all. you have to read
the whole book. and that is about as philosophical as it gets. ****
everyone! r.a.c. aint goin nowhere and never will. god help ALL of us.

EFFENDI

p.s. if you got problems, KICK HIS ASS!
thelizman

Lee wrote:
For rec.audio.car to survive, instead of dwindling away, it must adapt
and change. It must grow. As long as you guys have the attitude that
anything new, or new to you, needs to be destroyed, or that you
"dominate" this medium, it will continue to lose visitors -- this may
be your goal, so my saying this may be pointless.

You're clueless. That's fine, you're allowed to be clueless. But know
this - usenet does adapt. It was purpously built with standards that
ensured wide interoperability. If assclowns like you keep wantonly
polluting this group with ill-formated offtopic postings which violate
usenet protocol, it will cease to be so.

Do not try to change that which you don't understand. And please quit
your whining. It grates.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
Eddie Runner

Lee wrote:

Quality?
So you're saying that what you three have been posting on this and the
FAQ topic is quality?

I am not sure we need the FAQ... Ians Faq has been around forever, and
there is no guarantee your FAQ will be better... FOlks like you come along
here every once and a while and I just take them with a grain of salt.
SO there is no reason for this topic to be HIGH QUALITY, so instead
we turn on the charm and call it a comedy thread.... ;-)

You guys are deluding yourselves.

No, we are not... You may be deluding yourself in your ability to
create a FAQ... The critics here on RAC are pretty smart guys that
live for KNOW IT ALLS LIKE YOU to write something down thats
wrong....

You attack me
for trying to setup a method to update the FAQ (which I did over two
years ago), you attack me for promoting access to this newsgroup (also
done over two years ago), you attack me for not knowing who you are,
and you guys consider this quality?

Not me!
I attack you for lying to us about how long you have been a RAC
member... The only guy here you know is me, and thats nothing cause
everybody knows me... I even post on your forums everyonce in a while...

I attack you for acting like you are our saviour...!! Like you are
so much better N us... Like RAC is so LOW compared to your
uppity Forum...

You act like you want us to all join hands and dance just cause
LEE is going to write us a FAQ.... Holly Molley!

Give me a break; you guys are
clearly the bullies, teaming up on anyone that would dare trespass on
your perceived turf.

You may be part right...
We typicly welcome the newbies!
We often go way out of our way for the newbies and many become
part of the RAC scene .. We love it!

But we do love BULLYING the KNOW IT ALLS and the JERKS
that come along fairly regularly...

We OFTEN get an installer that just got his first AOL acount and
stops by RAC with the attitude... OK, an installer is here now, I
can answer any question you morons have....

It cracks me up cause there are already so many very serious technical
folks on here, its unlikely this newbie installer is as good as he thinks
he is....

He is welcome to be here, but someone will let him know that some
of his MYTHS about electronics (that most installers have) are full
of crap when he mentiones them... ;-)

Just as we will YOU when/IF you rite a FAQ.....

One question.
How do you know your smart enough to write a FAQ?

I dont think I am....!
I do write tech papers about what I know about or about testing
I have done and manytimes its just because so many folks here on
RAC (and sometimes on the forums) ask about it all the time.

But a whole FAQ? I have to yeild to Ian....!

Quantity?
With quantity comes variety, and with variety comes debate; debate and
the exchange of ideas is the purpose of any public forum

Not always true... Many websites use public forums to create a
community with the underlying goal of selling products...!!!

I still get advertising email crap (got one today) from Richard
Clarks bull**** forum....!! It is a pretty active forum with a
good calibur of folks.. But the undelying goals of selling certain
products have resulted in certain folks being banned from those
forums....

Here is what some folks think of that particular forum...
http://www.teamrocs.com/photos/details.php?image_id=18
( I didnt make that, someone else did, I just think its funny!)

-- not the
worship of past-their-prime junk yard dogs that simply chase away
visitors.

If you had really been here for so long you would know
thats not true... We welcome folks as long as they dont act
like jerks...

If you wanna be here thats Ok with us, WELCOME!!
If you wanna change us or attemtp to steal the FAQ or
rip Ian off then your gonnna get **** for it....

I see you just here USING us though...
* Hey help me write the FAQ* and then your gone!

For rec.audio.car to survive, instead of dwindling away, it must adapt
and change.

change to what? A forum??

It must grow.

How do you figgure it can grow???
On a website it can grow by adding more web pages..
On your uppity forum it can grow by adding more subjects.

but how can RAC grow...???
More messages, more participants, more posts like mine here! ;-)

As long as you guys have the attitude that
anything new, or new to you, needs to be destroyed, or that you
"dominate" this medium, it will continue to lose visitors

Your just trying to belittle us cause your attempt to RUN us has failed.
ha ha ha

-- this may
be your goal, so my saying this may be pointless.

If you were really a RAC participant for as long as you said
(when you were lying) then you would know that RAC is made up
of individuals. There is no conspiracy to run off new folks....

Quite the contrary.... We love newbies.... Its the KNOW IT ALLS
that we love to wcrew with!
ha ha

Eddie Runner
http://www.installer.com/tech/

Eddie Runner

EFFENDI wrote:

I tried to do something with a little thing called I.C.E. it was
supposed to be a weekly discussion to help newbies out on a specific
part of in car entertainment

Ya know....
We live to smack down stupid ideas like I.C.E.

But I dont think I could really find anything wrong with it....
It kind of reminded me when Phil Gunther used to do the weekly RAC report.

It had the weeks top threads
the weeks top posters
and a bunch of other neat info...

Keep up the good work EFFENDI !!

Eddie Runner

Eddie Runner

Mark Zarella wrote:

More generally speaking, the level of expertise in this newsgroup is
superior to your forum. The regular visitors of this newsgroup consists of
people who have been in the industry since you were in pampers

Mark

Why do youthinkhe came to us for help writing his FAQ..??
Cause the AOL and WEBTV kiddies on his uppity forum
dont have ANY expertise at all...

Eddie Runner

thelizman

Eddie Runner wrote:
EFFENDI wrote:

I tried to do something with a little thing called I.C.E. it was
supposed to be a weekly discussion to help newbies out on a specific
part of in car entertainment

Ya know....
We live to smack down stupid ideas like I.C.E.

But I dont think I could really find anything wrong with it....

Keep up the good work EFFENDI !!

I'm sorry to have missed ICE. YOu know, when I first spotted OFFENDI
here, I figured him for a no-talent punk kind was trying to assert
himself as 1337. But lately, hes been doing some quality contributing,
and hes not acting like a know it all as others have done.

Too bad the ICE thing didn't work out. Maybe it was the format. Maybe
its just because the readership here is at all time low. Maybe its
because most people on here aren't newbs like Lee. Who knows.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
MZ

More generally speaking, the level of expertise in this newsgroup is
superior to your forum. The regular visitors of this newsgroup consists

of
people who have been in the industry since you were in pampers

Mark

Why do youthinkhe came to us for help writing his FAQ..??
Cause the AOL and WEBTV kiddies on his uppity forum
dont have ANY expertise at all...

I think they'd probably attempt to write a FAQ anyway. I've read FAQs
before that have been written by people with neither experience nor
knowledge.

Eddie Runner

I thik they should write a FAQ, hell anyone can write a FAQ about
anything, and we really shouldnt stand in anyones way....

but calling it a RAC FAQ and they dont even hang out on RAC
kinda bugs me...

I wonder what thier uppity FORUMS FAQ reads like...???
Oughta wander over there and give it the once over... ;-)
(evil, evil grin...)

Eddie Runner

MZ wrote:

More generally speaking, the level of expertise in this newsgroup is
superior to your forum. The regular visitors of this newsgroup consists

of
people who have been in the industry since you were in pampers

Mark

Why do youthinkhe came to us for help writing his FAQ..??
Cause the AOL and WEBTV kiddies on his uppity forum
dont have ANY expertise at all...

I think they'd probably attempt to write a FAQ anyway. I've read FAQs
before that have been written by people with neither experience nor
knowledge.

MZ

I thik they should write a FAQ, hell anyone can write a FAQ about
anything, and we really shouldnt stand in anyones way....

but calling it a RAC FAQ and they dont even hang out on RAC
kinda bugs me...

I wonder what thier uppity FORUMS FAQ reads like...???
Oughta wander over there and give it the once over... ;-)
(evil, evil grin...)

Eddie Runner

You wonder what it looks like? I'll tell you. It looks just like Ian's
version of the RAC FAQ.

Lee

Eddie Runner wrote:

You act like you want us to all join hands and dance
just cause LEE is going to write us a FAQ....

If you actually read the thread that started this flame fest, you woul
see that I never said I was going to write a new faq -- I said I ha
setup an area where the faq could have new questions submitted an
answered, and an invitation for those interested to participate.

Ians Faq has been around forever, and there is
no guarantee your FAQ will be better

This is another asinine assumption; I never stated it was going to b
mine. All previous version of the FAQ were written by members of thi
newsgroup, I felt that it would be improved by the members of thi
newsgroup. Mark started a thread announcing that the FAQ needed to b
updated. I had already, two years prior, set things up so ideas an
suggestions could be organized in a way to facilitate updating it.

I attack you for acting like you are our saviour...!! Like
you are so much better N us... Like RAC is so LOW
compared to your uppity Forum...

If you read my first post in that thread, there was no suggestion tha
I was better than anyone here. There was no suggestion that I was her
to save the newsgroup. There were no insults directed at anyone.
There was simply an invitation for participation in a process to creat
an update for the FAQ.

Your just trying to belittle us cause your attempt
to RUN us has failed.

Another paranoid reaction apparently due to your own motive -- I hav
no desire to "run" this place. I can't see where my offer t
facilitate organization to help update the FAQ could be misconstrue
into an attempt to "run" this newsgroup. Again I say reread my initia
post -- the one prior to being attacked.

I attack you for lying to us about how long you
have been a RAC member...

I've never lied about that .. if you want to know the truth, do
search in google and you'll find posts by me dating back to '96
don't think you really want to know the truth or you would have alread
done that.

And as for emailing Ian regarding updates to the FAQ, I have emai
copies dating back to '02 .. my email archive doesn't go back beyon
'02 .. if I posted them .. the consciously confused would claim that
simply wrote them last night -- there is no way to convince those tha
aren't interested in the truth. Just as you have claimed I am a liar
which would imply that you actually know, it is clear that you aren'
really interested in the truth.

The simple facts a

1) I was attacked for offering help.
2) I was attacked because some people simply enjoying attacking.
3) I was attacked because some people want to assert their "dominance
over this newsgroup.
4) It was claimed that I was here trying to get people to come to m
forum so I could "push my crap" on them -- good logic, considerin
there are no sales or solicitations of any kind on my forum.
5) It was claimed that I am here only to steal rac'ers to build m
forum -- another illogical assumption considering the very low numbe
of people to "steal" compared to the size of our current membership.

I can see now how it would be very difficult for some of you t
understand simply wanting to help; it is difficult to understand
characteristic of which you have no first hand knowledge.

Eddie, I assume you've forgotten, but quite a while back I offered t
host your site for free .. no banners, no adds nothing .. I was goin
to give you a domain .. you know why? Because I thought it was a goo
resource and deserved it. I make donations, I don't accept them.

Everyone doesn't have nefarious motives as you people suspect.

If the senior members of this newsgroup were actually interested i
moving things in any kind of positive direction, they would not attac
first then ask questions
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17687

sancho

Default The FAQ needs a major update

Mark Zarella wrote:

There are a million "pseudo-FAQs" out there. Yours is just one of

many. I
was just talking about updating the "official" FAQ. Why? Because even the
simplest google search brings that one up as THE r.a.c. FAQ.

holy ****... he doesn't have a pseudo-faq

he assed out and stole the real one

i wonder if he asked the permission of any of the folks that are still
credited as the copyright holders...

[JSC] Jeffrey S. Curtis
[JLD] Jason Lee Davis

[MI] Matt Ion

[JW] Jerry Williamson

[CD] Cal Demaine

[MO] Mark Obsniuk

[HK] Harry Kimura

[RDP] Dick Pierce

[BG] Brian Gentry

[JM] Jeff Meyers

[MH] Marvin Herbold

[TT] Trevor Tompkins
[MM] Matthew E. Meiser

[NML] N. M. Lines

[IDB] Ian D. Bjorhovde

[JG] John Graley

[DK] Dan Kreft

[JR] Jason A. Reiser

[PW] P. Wilson scratchy.mi.net!ccbbs!pwilson
[JGr] Jerry Grooms

[PK] P. Kaufmann

[MS] Manville Smith

[LC] Ligeng Cao

[AO] Andrew C. Ohnstad

[MB] Michael Brennan

[RK] Russell Kinder

[MHa] Mike Harmon

[ST] Steven Tolleneer

[JD] John Durbin

[PO] Paul Ozello

[PS] Phil E. Salisbury

[CM] Chuck Music

[BW] Brian Waplington

i know a few of them guys and i'm sure they aren't gonna be too happy
about having their works pirated

have we heard back from ian on whether he gave his okay for this?

"If you do redistribute this document, especially on a commercial basis,
please contact the FAQ maintainer before doing so."
--
sancho
another guy you probably aren't familiar with, n00b
sancho

Lee wrote:

I think we
should strive to fashion answers that are accurate, but simple enough
to be understood by the average guy.

i think you are completely wrong and i think that particular line of
thinking has been one of the main problems in car audio since the outset...

teaching stupidity never made anyone smarter... though it might make
some people feel smarter to make other folks dumber...
--
sancho
sancho

Lee wrote:

I guess everything has the equivalent of a boil on its *** and thelizman
is obviously this medium's boil.

says this medium's boil...

thelizman: so, anything that facilitates the access of the public to
this resource should be disconnected?

everything that facilitates access which does not conform to the
standard, yes.

much like aol's 'news' interface... or newsreading software capable of
outputting html... etc, etc, etc.

Outlook, Google, et al should all
be disconnected because it gives people a method to post in this
newsgroup? What kind of inbred logic is that?

you obviously don't understand the basic premises of the usenet...

In one search I a found post by me in
this newsgroup dated: 1996/05/11 ..

perhaps you could share the thread title, your username, etc.

I never remember the rule, people with no power always try to control
that which is not theirs ..

says the person who is trying to control that which is not his...
--
sancho
ridiculous
sancho

Lee wrote:

Ian,

If you are indeed going to organized a revamping of the FAQ and
reassert your presence here -- I support your efforts 100% -- I have
attempted to contact you several times in the last few years in an
attempt to see if we could pass the touch on to someone with a little
more available time, but as I say, if you are willing to take on the
project of vetting and readdressing the issues that are currently in
need of address, then you have my support and the support of our
resources.

i dunno how ian feels about this tripe, but i'm personally offended...

the audacity...

just who in the **** are you, chump?

as a long time contributor to r.a.c. and a friend of many of those who
wrote it, i would like to place a formal request for you to remove the
rac-faq from your website and, if you still wish to make the information
available to your 'clients', replace it with a link to the proper faq

if you do not comply, i will go to the trouble of contacting every
author individually and have them contact you to facilitate the removal
--
sancho

sancho

Lee wrote:

Mark started a thread announcing that the FAQ needed to be
updated. I had already, two years prior, set things up so ideas and
suggestions could be organized in a way to facilitate updating it.

ian did that quite some time ago... all you did was steal the content
and put it on a web forum...

And as for emailing Ian regarding updates to the FAQ, I have email
copies dating back to '02 .. my email archive doesn't go back beyond
'02 .. if I posted them ..

the **** are you on about, thief?

you bothered ian a couple times with e-mails requesting that he update
the faq or what?

you obviously didn't send him updates or revisions, or they would have
been added to the godamned faq

i'm about sick and tired of you insulting ian and the rest of the folks
who spent years contributing to r.a.c. and the faq
--
sancho
and **** off
narcolept

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
And if you've been here 8 years - so what! I've been here longer. Eddie
has been here even longer than that! You're just a NEWBIE to us. Don't
act like a newb, and you won't treated like one.

I'm suspicious of his claim that he's been here for 8 years. You and

Eddie
have been around for longer than that, and I've been around for 5, yet he
didn't know who we were?

what I'm curious about is whatever happend to Carl who ran CAF, since he
hung out with several of the principles of this argument back in the day.

narcolept
----
you know me, but you don't remember me. I'm deja-vu

narcolept

Default Here's the problem with the whole thing.

"thelizman" wrote in message
Eddie Runner wrote:
EFFENDI wrote:

I tried to do something with a little thing called I.C.E. it was
supposed to be a weekly discussion to help newbies out on a specific
part of in car entertainment

Ya know....
We live to smack down stupid ideas like I.C.E.

But I dont think I could really find anything wrong with it....

Keep up the good work EFFENDI !!

I'm sorry to have missed ICE. YOu know, when I first spotted OFFENDI
here, I figured him for a no-talent punk kind was trying to assert
himself as 1337. But lately, hes been doing some quality contributing,
and hes not acting like a know it all as others have done.

Too bad the ICE thing didn't work out. Maybe it was the format. Maybe
its just because the readership here is at all time low. Maybe its
because most people on here aren't newbs like Lee. Who knows.

maybe it was me telling EFFENDI no one cared. grin

that couldn't have possibly been it.

The thing is, uppity newbs need to learn their places in the RAC social
scheme that has existed since the beginning of the newsgroup. Lee, whoever
he is, asserts himself as an authority here that no one remembers or has
seen. It's great that the forum he is an admin of or whatever (how's Carl
and V?) has a link to RAC, everyone can see what assholes we can be without
having to figure out something as complicated as Outlook Express (cough).
What sucks is that he does so with no regard for formatting of usenet posts,
or the social chain that exists. The best way to compare it to make people
who just don't ****ing get it understand is.. Say CAF was to all of a
sudden have a portal to the sounddomain forum or the like, and all of a
sudden everyone at SD has all these CAF people flooding their place of
discussion in a manner that isn't the norm for SD. Understand, Lee?

Furthermore, let's say Lee linked up to SD or ECA, and decided he was going
to rewrite all the stickys those forums have regarding proper forum usage,
because "they're just there", and repost them to his forum. You understand?
If you aren't one of the original contributors or the original maintainer,
or subsequent maintainers, IT'S NOT YOURS TO DO. Relax with our faq, write
your own damn FAQ for your own damn forum from your own damn head. Leave
ours alone.

narcolept
------
that is all. Commence useless babbling.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

EFFENDI

thelizman wrote:
Eddie Runner wrote:

EFFENDI wrote:

I tried to do something with a little thing called I.C.E. it was
supposed to be a weekly discussion to help newbies out on a specific
part of in car entertainment

Ya know....
We live to smack down stupid ideas like I.C.E.

But I dont think I could really find anything wrong with it....

Keep up the good work EFFENDI !!

I'm sorry to have missed ICE. YOu know, when I first spotted OFFENDI
here, I figured him for a no-talent punk kind was trying to assert
himself as 1337. But lately, hes been doing some quality contributing,
and hes not acting like a know it all as others have done.

Too bad the ICE thing didn't work out. Maybe it was the format. Maybe
its just because the readership here is at all time low. Maybe its
because most people on here aren't newbs like Lee. Who knows.

Yeah ICE could have worked with enough support, but I think you are
right that most of the members here are not newbs and have at least some
basic knowledge (enough to browse newsgroups - with a PROPER
newsreader). Lee should take a lesson from me and learn to shut the ****
up when u sposed to. Nah' mean?

EFFENDI
EFFENDI

sancho wrote:

Lee wrote:

[...]

Well he didnt really insult Ian . I have to agree though the FAQ does
need an update. But that is what Ian is for. Lets just give Lee a break;
maybe he has learned his lesson.

AS for narcolept. Everyone here knows that ICE was a good concept, it
was original, promoted discussion (which seems to be lacking these days)
and the exchange of ideas, exactly what a newsgroup is for. It wasnt
meant for the seniors of this group. Let it go man.

Lee, man I'm only going to say it once more. LET IT GO..

EFFENDI

Eddie Runner

Default Who the Hell is Lee ??

Lee,
Who are you?
I have been around here for a long long long time, and I admit I dont
remember everyone I run into.... But even though you put a hint out
there once in a while, I just cant place you....

You say you offered ME webspace for my site..??? Man that musta
been decades ago!! I sure dont remember that at all...!! Could you
have me confused with someone else...??? If not throw some more
clues out there to bring back my memories!!

My site has been around for a long long long time ... Try getting a name
like installer.com today without shelling out $10000 or more...! ;-)
And I am rarely one to take charity, so it confuses me that I would be
even interested at all in someone giving me web space... I NEVER
liked any free web hosts, and always turned down any offers of hosting
because I have always paid my own way!!

One of my buddies has a big dedicated server at Rackshack and he
prolly has more room on that server than he will ever use, a some
of my other buddies take advantage of his hospitailty and host thier
sites on his server (commercial sites too)... But I didnt want to
impose so I bought TWO rackshack hosted servers for my sites as
well as two other hosts elsewhere where some of my sites are!! Yes thats
FOUR internet servers I pay for !! I have never been a leach, even
when I install I DONT BORROW TOOLS! I buy em!!
And for that reason your statement confuses me, I dont remember EVER
being interested in web space that I didnt have control over...???

I hope you can tell me more about yourself and our good times together.. ;-)

So far, you claim to be a RAC old timer, but dont even know any of
the regulars, that seems pretty strange to me...
Then you claim to have offered me webspace, and that seems pretty
strange to me also...

I guess alot of folks have offered me webspace over the years though, folks
seem to offere webspace to anyone at the drop of a hat nowdays....But I
certainly dont remember a serious conversation about it.....

Who are you LEE..??

Eddie Runner

Lee wrote:

Eddie, I assume you've forgotten, but quite a while back I offered to
host your site for free .. no banners, no adds nothing .. I was going
to give you a domain .. you know why? Because I thought it was a good
resource and deserved it. I make donations, I don't accept them.

Eddie Runner

Default RACs salvation is at hand!

Lee wrote:

Everyone doesn't have nefarious motives as you people suspect.

But for the most part NOTHING IS FREE and we have the right
to be suspicious..... I get phone calls all the time promissing me
free this or free that, hell I just hang up on the crapspouters!!

Why should we think you apearing suddenly with our salvation in
hand should be any different..??

Eddie Runner

Lee wrote:

If you actually read the thread that started this flame fest, you would
see that I never said I was going to write a new faq -- I said I had
setup an area where the faq could have new questions submitted and
answered, and an invitation for those interested to participate.

I really dont have a problem with ANYONE writing ANYTHING!

I came in the thread where you claimed to be a RAC regular but
didnt know anyone here that were regulars and the regulars didnt
know you....

I might have a problem with you STEALING Ians FAQ though...
Why not just atart fresh...???
I might even lend a hand...

Ians Faq has been around forever, and there is
no guarantee your FAQ will be better

This is another asinine assumption; I never stated it was going to be
mine. All previous version of the FAQ were written by members of this
newsgroup, I felt that it would be improved by the members of this
newsgroup. Mark started a thread announcing that the FAQ needed to be
updated. I had already, two years prior, set things up so ideas and
suggestions could be organized in a way to facilitate updating it.

No, its NOT an assinine assumption...

EVEN THOUGH other folks write the articles, YOU PUT THEM
TOGETHER and choose what goes and what stays...! I know you
wont let something you deam as WRONG go in the FAQ....And that
means ITS YOUR (or your compilations of wor of others) and are
YOU good enough to do this correctly???

If you read my first post in that thread, there was no suggestion that
I was better than anyone here.

Some of us have gotten that impression... But not from the
first post... From yourother posts....

There were no insults directed at anyone.

I saw you insult Lizzard!
And wasnt it an insult just above whenyou said I made an
ASSININE ASSUMPTION..??
sounds like an insult to me..

There was simply an invitation for participation in a process to create
an update for the FAQ.

I didnt have a problem with it at that point...

Your just trying to belittle us cause your attempt
to RUN us has failed.

Another paranoid reaction apparently due to your own motive

Its called COMEDY! Are you that uppity that you dont know
a joke when you see one..??

I attack you for lying to us about how long you
have been a RAC member...

I've never lied about that .. if you want to know the truth, do a
search in google and you'll find posts by me dating back to '96 I
don't think you really want to know the truth or you would have already
done that.

OK, so if that is correct you posted on RAC in 1996....
So what?
Does that make you a regular..??
what about 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004?

from 1995 to 1999 I posted alot on the Hummer Mailing list...In fact
I was its second member when it was created... But since I sold my
Hummer in 1999, I have no desire to read all the Hummer posts anymore
so I dont think I could go in there and claim I was a regular....

AND, when you say you were a RAC regular, its so funny that I
am the only one here you know...!! And for the life of me I cant
remember you at all....

Can you see my view on this..??
Some guy no one knows comes along out of the blue and claims
he has been around here for years and years...
Seems fishy to me...

The simple facts a

1) I was attacked for offering help.

not by me... I attacked you cause you claimed you were a
RAC member in good standing... And because you were attacking
some of the REAL RAC members (although it may have just been
you dfending yourself against them, they can be tough sometimes)

2) I was attacked because some people simply enjoying attacking.

No arguement there... it is fun sometimes.... ;-)

3) I was attacked because some people want to assert their "dominance"
over this newsgroup.

Yeah, you tried that and the regulars shoved it right back in your own face.

4) It was claimed that I was here trying to get people to come to my
forum so I could "push my crap" on them -- good logic, considering
there are no sales or solicitations of any kind on my forum.

Typicly there are hidden motives... I havent figgured yours out yet but
there are probably some hidden there somewhere... ya cant blame us
for being cautious...

5) It was claimed that I am here only to steal rac'ers to build my
forum -- another illogical assumption considering the very low number
of people to "steal" compared to the size of our current membership.

Now there is where it makes you look like you r better N us...
Thats the kinda stuff that ****es the RACers off at cha....

you just said,
Im trying to help you morons, I wouldnt come to RAC to steal members
because your members suck compared to ours....

re read your #5 and tell me its a nice thing to say to us...!
ITS NOT!

I can see now how it would be very difficult for some of you to
understand simply wanting to help; it is difficult to understand a
characteristic of which you have no first hand knowledge.

there is another insult directed at us....

If the senior members of this newsgroup were actually interested in
moving things in any kind of positive direction, they would not attack
first then ask questions.

Do the senior members have any say in RACs direction??
there are no moderators and no way to ban folks if they get outa hand...
We cannot easily direct it or control it, which is why I LIKE IT!!

Eddie Runner

thelizman

EFFENDI wrote:

Well he didnt really insult Ian . I have to agree though the FAQ does
need an update. But that is what Ian is for.

And according to my last correspondance with Ian, my few updates to the
FAQ on digital audio will appear on March 5th. If the FAQ needs
updating, then people need to take the initiative to update it! I saw no
content on digital audio, so I put it in there. I also saw one FAQ item
which discussed whether DAT or Minidisc would be the future of car audio
- that's past history, and NEITHER won.

People, if you see a need to update the FAQ, then don't wait for someone
else to do it - do it your damn self.

Lets just give Lee a break;
maybe he has learned his lesson.

And I hope we learned our lessons as well. Lee took advantage of a
situation created from our own apathy. He recognized rightly that the
FAQ was stagnating, and he did something about it. Unfortunately he
stole it, which is not a positive move for the community. He also
recognized that the readership of RAC is in decline, and he did
something. Unfortunately his something amounts to an ill-formated
crapflood of drivel. We created Lee.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

sancho wrote:
have we heard back from ian on whether he gave his okay for this?

I have had quite a bit of contact with Ian the last week. He's responded
in kind to every one of my e-mails. He has made it clear that he has
only ever given permission to one person to reproduce the FAQ - thats
Eddie Runner (which to the best of my knowledge, Eddie hasn't done so).

Ian's viewpoint on this is that there's 'not alot he can do to stop [the
plagiarism of his FAQ]'. I can understand completely - this community
relies on people with ethics and morals to maintain its standards. I'm a
little more visceral, however. Mobileaudio.com has a clear copyright
statement, as well as a clear distribution statement for the FAQ. I am
going to propose to Ian that he copyright the FAQ under the Creative
Commons Copyright which best fits the current model so that preserving
the sanctity of the FAQ is enforcable by simply contacting the offenders
ISP.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

thelizman

sancho wrote:

as a long time contributor to r.a.c. and a friend of many of those who
wrote it, i would like to place a formal request for you to remove the
rac-faq from your website and, if you still wish to make the information
available to your 'clients', replace it with a link to the proper faq

if you do not comply, i will go to the trouble of contacting every
author individually and have them contact you to facilitate the removal

It's more simple than that. His hosting provider is Verio
(www.verio.net). Verio has a very stringent Copyright infringement
policy, which can be viewed at:

http://www.verio.net/about/legal/copyright.cfm

Lee currently has two problems. The rec.audio.car FAQ has an implied
copyright in the document, and is also governed by a a site copyright
which applies to all content at mobileaudio.com. His second problem is
my copyright below. One letter to Danna Thompson, and his whole site is
shut down.

Now perhaps Lee will entertain the notion of being reasonable, and do
the right thing with the FAQ. Should he do so, I'll grant him permission
to reproduce my posts, and I wont even charge him : )

Can you say, "by the balls"?

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
MZ

It's more simple than that. His hosting provider is Verio
(www.verio.net). Verio has a very stringent Copyright infringement
policy, which can be viewed at:

http://www.verio.net/about/legal/copyright.cfm

Lee currently has two problems. The rec.audio.car FAQ has an implied
copyright in the document, and is also governed by a a site copyright
which applies to all content at mobileaudio.com. His second problem is
my copyright below. One letter to Danna Thompson, and his whole site is
shut down.

Now perhaps Lee will entertain the notion of being reasonable, and do
the right thing with the FAQ. Should he do so, I'll grant him permission
to reproduce my posts, and I wont even charge him : )

Can you say, "by the balls"?

Oh give me a break. They won't yank his site. He's the one with the green.

Eddie Runner

MZ wrote:

Can you say, "by the balls"?

Oh give me a break. They won't yank his site. He's the one with the green.

They could, but not with Lizards or Sanchos complaints...
They would probably want complaints from Ian....
After all its IANs copyright, not Lizzy or Sanch...

Many ISPs are so afraid of this they SHUT THE SITE DOWN FIRST
and get the crap sorted out later as to who can do what or who owns
what... Sancho and Lizzy are just posturing.... ha ha

Eddie Runner

thelizman wrote:

He has made it clear that he has
only ever given permission to one person to reproduce the FAQ - thats
Eddie Runner (which to the best of my knowledge, Eddie hasn't done so).

Wow.... makes me wanna cry.....

thelizman

Eddie Runner wrote:
Sancho and Lizzy are just posturing.... ha ha

Oh please eddie, everyone knows I have bad posture.