Blooter

Default 95 s-10 xtended cab question: dash or door

I've got an S-10 and I'm going start working on the stereo. The head unit
is a Sony cdx-mp40. I will be driving the front off of the HU, amp the rear
s, and throw a pair of 10's in the back; 120-150 watts.

Obviously, this will not be a competition system but one that sounds good
to me.

My question is: Should I upgrade the speakers in the dash( 4x6 ) or in the
door (6.5's). Whatever spaekers are not upgraded will be disconnected ( for
now )

Any help is appreciated. Are there any web sites out there that address
this particular vehicle?
Shane Metzler

I had an S10 and my answer depends on which you want mo

Highs - Upgrade Dash speakers
Mids - Upgrade Door speakers.

let me know if you have any questions...

Shane
"Blooter" wrote in message
I've got an S-10 and I'm going start working on the stereo. The head unit
is a Sony cdx-mp40. I will be driving the front off of the HU, amp the

rear
s, and throw a pair of 10's in the back; 120-150 watts.

Obviously, this will not be a competition system but one that sounds good
to me.

My question is: Should I upgrade the speakers in the dash( 4x6 ) or in the
door (6.5's). Whatever spaekers are not upgraded will be disconnected (

for
now )

Any help is appreciated. Are there any web sites out there that address
this particular vehicle?

TheBIessedDead

I've got an S-10 and I'm going start working on the stereo. The head unit
is a Sony cdx-mp40. I will be driving the front off of the HU, amp the rear
s, and throw a pair of 10's in the back; 120-150 watts.

Obviously, this will not be a competition system but one that sounds good
to me.

My question is: Should I upgrade the speakers in the dash( 4x6 ) or in the
door (6.5's). Whatever spaekers are not upgraded will be disconnected ( for
now )

Any help is appreciated. Are there any web sites out there that address
this particular vehicle?

So you have both 4x6's and 6.5's in the front?

If it was me, I'd upgrade the 6.5's and amp them. I wouldn't bother with the
rear speakers at all either, but if you feel that you must, I sure wouldn't amp
them.

Nick
blooter

"Shane Metzler" wrote in
:

I had an S10 and my answer depends on which you want mo

Highs - Upgrade Dash speakers
Mids - Upgrade Door speakers.

let me know if you have any questions...

Shane

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll go with the doors. I did some
investigating and found that the dash isn't wired. The doors are so for
the sake of simplicity, I'll stick with what's already there.

In the future I may want to amp the doors...do you have a recommendation
on where to mount the amp? I would rather not rip the entire dash apart
but will if that's what it takes.

Thanks again.
TheBIessedDead

I thought I had both but actually looked today and found that the dash
locations were empty. I did decide to go with the door locations. Any
ideas on where to mount an amp in this vehicle? Simple and easy are
prefered.

Well, on my 85 S 10, I just mounted the amps on the back wall. You might want
to check for clearance under the seats, that would be my best guess.

Nick
Shane Metzler

I mounted a small amp under the seat...
The larger amp, I mounted between my 10's behind the seat...I will look for
pictures to post a link to for you.

Shane

"blooter" wrote in message
. 204.17...
"Shane Metzler" wrote in
:

I had an S10 and my answer depends on which you want mo

Highs - Upgrade Dash speakers
Mids - Upgrade Door speakers.

let me know if you have any questions...

Shane

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll go with the doors. I did some
investigating and found that the dash isn't wired. The doors are so for
the sake of simplicity, I'll stick with what's already there.

In the future I may want to amp the doors...do you have a recommendation
on where to mount the amp? I would rather not rip the entire dash apart
but will if that's what it takes.

Thanks again.

Gmac

I would do the doors, I think it will sound better and the doors ar
realy easy to get speaker wire into on the s10 and really deep, so yo
will have a tone of options, or use components and mount the tweeter u
in the dash are

-
Gma

Budgetaudio

The kick panel and door areas can be the best places for speakers, you can get
a better stereo effect, because the speakers aren't right in your face like
some dashes. When the speakers are further away, like in the kick panel or
bottom door area, this gets you closer to the optimum position for stereo
listening (in the middle of the two speakers). If you can it would be good to
tilt the speakers toward your ears, like the "kick panel pods" do. You also
don't want to sepparate the tweater too far from the midrange if you are using
components, you will want it nearby.

Troy
carbudgetaudio.com