BigBob

Default 9805 center frequency

Alpine CDA-9805 CD deck.
Can this deck be set up to provide control over the High pass/Low pass
crossovers for
the external amp(s) and Sub amp?
In the owners manual Alpine covers using programable settings, it shows a
BASS center frequency adjustment in the manual for 60, 80, 100, and 200 Hz
(plus Bass width, level and type settings) and a TREBLE center frequency
adjustment for 10, 12.5, 15 and 17.5 kHz. Are these the same as actually
having a external crossover do the same thing ie: high/low pass at specific
frequency?

There is a setting to turn off the internal deck amp as well when you use
external amps.

Sorry to be obtuse, I have been all over the FAQ's, Crutchfield, popular
sites etc. etc. but the manual is kind of sketchy.

Thanks all.
Lots of good reading on this group.

DA

No, these are not crossovers. They only add or subtract boost from
those frequencies.

DA
BigBob

Thanks DA
The guys at the local shop swear that I don't need a crossover, but I have a
feeling that the 80's were something that they have only READ about. Guess I
will have to get a seperate crossover for the "OLD SKOOL" alpine amps after
all.
Shame to part with these "one owner Never before Cranked on a Sunday" amps,
eh?
Cheers
Bob

"DA" wrote in message
No, these are not crossovers. They only add or subtract boost from those
frequencies.

DA

E.T.

hi,
sorry about noob questions.
is there any imcompatiblility problems if using US-imported car audio
in AU/NZ?
local installer insisted that FM radio is not compatible.

Lance