Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Doc

Default Mixes sound bad on car sound system

I've noticed that decent car stereo systems seem to be somewhat of a
"litmus test" for home mixes I've been fiddling with. I get it to
where it sounds fine on a home stereo with fairly beefy speakers,
another one with smaller speakers, a boom box, but run it through the
car stereo with the eq flat and it sounds muddy... This seems to be
the case regardless of the vehicle or sound system. Professional
commercial CD's sound fine, so it's not the sound system.

Does anyone know something about the characteristics of typical car
systems and what it likely tells me about the problems with my mixes,
what frequency range likely needs particular attention etc.

Thanks for all input

Opinions on a sound system Car Audio 3 July 5th 04 06:14 PM
Sound, Music, Balance Robert Trosper High End Audio 1 November 21st 03 04:09 AM
sound system hafiz Car Audio 1 October 8th 03 06:46 PM
science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM