Mark D. Zacharias

Default Santa Cruz analog IN to digital OUT

I had already downloaded and read the TB manual, so I wasn't surprised that
analog inputs to the sound card are NOT output via the SPDIF. I would have
thought that since the card has to A/D the analog signal anyway to record a
WAV, that it would be no problem to route the converted signal out the SPDIF
jack. I guess there's probably a good reason why it can't do this, but if
anyone can enlighten me....

Mark Z.

Arny Krueger

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

I had already downloaded and read the TB manual, so I wasn't
surprised that analog inputs to the sound card are NOT output via the
SPDIF. I would have thought that since the card has to A/D the analog
signal anyway to record a WAV, that it would be no problem to route
the converted signal out the SPDIF jack.

Sure, record the analog signal, then play it back.

I guess there's probably a good reason why it can't do this, but if

anyone can enlighten me....

I think that you are looking for a real time digital output of an analog
input.

It's all a matter of signal routing and managing computational loads.
They'be probably avoided doing some signal mixing in the digital domain.