GRussinko GRussinko is offline
Junior Member

Default Suggestions for a '93 LeBaron?

Hi everyone,

I have a '93 LeBaron convertible that I thought I was gonna be getting rid of, but it seems like I'll be keeping it for a while yet, so I'm thinking about changing the speakers in it. It still has the stock (Infinity) speakers, but a Panasonic HU I put in it a few years ago (50x4). I'm not real sure about the speaker setup in the car though, so I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and might be able to give me a little insight into what the deal is.

There appear to be places for 3 pairs of speakers - on the dash, on the front doors, and on either side of the rear seat - but the ones on the dash don't appear to be putting out any sound. Are there actual speakers there, or is it only the ones in the door panel and the rear seat?

Also, I'm seeing different size recommendations for speakers from different places - some say 4" and some say 5 1/4". Does anyone know which is correct, or is it a case of both being possibilities depending on what I want to install?

I'm sorry if I sound clueless, but I'm rather limited in my experience with this stuff and am looking to learn through experience.

Thanks for your help,
-Gary
Masterson