Posted to rec.audio.tech
stan

Default Arny Krueger, Thanks

Thanks for the info on the Scott LK 72 schematic, I found it. Stan K
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"stan" wrote in message

Thanks for the info on the Scott LK 72 schematic, I found
it. Stan K

Your request triggered a trip down memory lane. When very young I
(illegally) worked as a salesman and repair person at a Layfayette Radio
store in downtown Detroit.

We generally had a LK48 or LK72 kit box laying open in the front window
because it attracted the *right* kind of attention.

I was and still am an avid schematic reader. I still remember thumbing
through the LK72 intruction manual to see how it differed from our usual
volume products, the ever-so-mediocre Lafayette LA-250 integrated
amplifier.

Unfortunately the LK72 was out of my financial reach. But I did eventually
obtain and build an Eico ST-70 which was fairly similar in terms of design
and performance but alas, not appearance or parts quality. It developed
noisy pots and switches early on.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
stan

My favorite amp is a Lafayette KT 550. I own 3 of them. I'm actually
not that impressed with this Scott stuff, a German Guy saw it on a
shelf when I was selling some stuff on ebay, and wants it, so I'm
checking it out to make sure it's up to specs yet. Lafayette LA 250's
are mediocre.

Thanks again.

www.athenet.net/~kots6177/stuff1.jpg

www.athenet.net/~kots6177/stuff2.jpg

"stan" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"stan" wrote in message

My favorite amp is a Lafayette KT 550. I own 3 of them.
I'm actually not that impressed with this Scott stuff, a
German Guy saw it on a shelf when I was selling some
stuff on ebay, and wants it, so I'm checking it out to
make sure it's up to specs yet. Lafayette LA 250's are
mediocre.

Thanks again.

www.athenet.net/~kots6177/stuff1.jpg

I haven't seen the KT550 and matching preamp for about 35 years. Thanks.

BTW you are probably aware that the matching preamp is apparently very
valuable to people who transcribe a lot of vinyl because of all the eq
settings, and the fact that its alsoeo.

www.athenet.net/~kots6177/stuff2.jpg

Quite an impressive collection of Scott, not to mention the macs and HK
stuff.

If you ever auction this stuff off, there's going to be a pile of cash
someplace!

Posted to rec.audio.tech
stan

Yes, I am aware of the KT 600 stuff. Funny, I bought the first pair
for $50 in Madison, gutted the preamp and sold it, shot pellet guns at
the faceplate in the guy's basement that bought it. I still have the
faceplate. I got what was left of the preamp I made 30 years ago back
for a check up before it moved to a new home about a month ago. More
dynamic range than my Audio Research, and better signal to noise.

It had an amazing amount of parts inside, a lot of which had to do
with, as you said, different equalization curves for the different
recordings of the times.

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:08:03 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"stan" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bret Ludwig

The opt's in the power amplifiers of almost any HH Scott, Fisher, or
Lafayette amp are best for reuse in guitar amplifiers. A Fender
Princeton especially benefits from the one in the flat Scott that takes
two of the high-gain beam power tubes-the ones the MC225 takes,
7591s?-giving it more balls and definition than a Deluxe.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
stan

Never tried it, but I don't doubt it. Fender output transformers are
nothing to write home about. Regards, Stan KOn 2 Mar 2006 12:28:55