Minga

Default Microphone: ElectroVoice PL10 Dynamic Cardioid <=- Any Info?

Any one have any more information about this old microphone.

The EV (ElectroVoice) PL10 Dynamic Cardioid.

Such as years manufactured? Response Chart, Manual, Estimated Value?

Thanks

Scott Dorsey

Minga wrote:
Any one have any more information about this old microphone.

The EV (ElectroVoice) PL10 Dynamic Cardioid.

Such as years manufactured? Response Chart, Manual, Estimated Value?

EV will have a data sheet available still. It's basically a baby RE-20.
More restricted top and bottom end, and a much wider and more sloppy
pattern than the RE-20, but still has the same variable-D mechanism.

I don't know when it was discontinued, but I recall seeing them in
the catalogue in the late 1980s so they aren't all that old.

I have a couple and they are handy but have a lot of leakage. Sometimes
more interesting than an RE-20 on a kick drum. Sometimes fun on guitar
cabinets.

These things are certainly worth $50. More than $100 would seem stretching
it to me.
Minga

In article , Scott Dorsey wrote:
EV will have a data sheet available still. It's basically a baby RE-20.
More restricted top and bottom end, and a much wider and more sloppy
pattern than the RE-20, but still has the same variable-D mechanism.

These things are certainly worth $50. More than $100 would seem stretching
it to me.

Scott. Thanks... I paid 50 for it so I feel better. Still couldnt find
a data-sheet on it - but who cares , Ill trust me ears.

-Minga

Scott Dorsey

Minga wrote:
In article , Scott Dorsey wrote:
EV will have a data sheet available still. It's basically a baby RE-20.
More restricted top and bottom end, and a much wider and more sloppy
pattern than the RE-20, but still has the same variable-D mechanism.

These things are certainly worth $50. More than $100 would seem stretching
it to me.

Scott. Thanks... I paid 50 for it so I feel better. Still couldnt find
a data-sheet on it - but who cares , Ill trust me ears.

Call EV and ask for the parts department. They'll have one available
somewhere. They are really good about supporting older microphones. You
might also ask them for new foam padding since the original foam is probably
bad, and since they'll probably send it to you for the cost of postage.

Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Buster Mudd wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) wrote in message ...

These things are certainly worth $50. More than $100 would seem stretching
it to me.

I think the used moving-coil mics to which that statement *doesn't*
apply can be counted on one hand!

If I see anything from EV for under $50, I pick it up. It'll probably be
useful for something someday.