Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default A Theory About Scott

On Oct 3, 1:07*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 10:47*am, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,

*Boon wrote:
This is not your finest day.

OTOH, he now has a magic word, 'fawning,' to use on Jenn in place of
honest argument,

*Honest argument? *Like the "we-minded" nonsense so often turned to.

Consensus is a warning sign for lack of anything new or interesting.

That's what an outsider would say.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 3, 1:22*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 11:13*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:58*am, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 6:52*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 7:41 am, Clyde Slick wrote:

Fine, then spare us

Speak for yourself. If you haven't noticed, you seem to be pretty much
alone on this one.

*Oh well that's just intolerable. *In a group of ...oh let's be
generous
and call it 5...someone has a different point of view than you.

Call out the ****ing brigade and ridicule them into conformance
before things just spiral out of your control.

This is so much more fun than OT current political events.
It's almost completely vacuous.
I suspect your goal is the pure vacuous discussion.
A discussion about nothing where the pure essence of prose
uncluttered and constrained by content can be fully exposed.

So you think it's okay for Art to insist that Jenn rank her friends on
talent?

*Sure. Not something I would do but he had a point.

Or would you rather go back and find out what you're
responding to?

*I read the thread though I'm actually sorry I bothered,
especially your contribution.
Same o same o.

You're a rube.

*Oh boy...more **** from the ****er.

What a weak response. Another last word freak.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Boon wrote:
This is not your finest day.

OTOH, he now has a magic word, 'fawning,' to use on Jenn in place of
honest argument,

Honest argument? Like the "we-minded" nonsense so often turned to.

Consensus is a warning sign for lack of anything new or interesting.

That's what an outsider would say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staying outside homogenized groups is my tendency, no doubt.

Naw, this aversion to "like-minded" individuals is a transparent cover
for the fact that as you get older, you find it harder and harder to
fit in and get along with others. Now the challenge is determining
whether this is merely being a curmudgeon or the beginning stages of a
serious personality disorder.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 3, 2:03*pm, "ScottW" wrote:
"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 1:34 pm, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 11:11 am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49 am, ScottW2 wrote:

Follow this simple adage in reference to your peers.
"If you can't tell us anything bad
about of you peers, don't say anything
at all about any of them!"

Reminds me of my feeling about lame ass advertiser funded
audio e-rags.

Aw...don't have hurt feelings just because you're outside someone's
demographic.

Fools with money is a demographic I'm happy to be out of.

:You were once in it?

Yawn. Lame boring debate trade.

(snip the repeated wife envy and other boring nothing) and that
leaves...nothing. *Oh well.

Last word freak. Nothing to say, still has to say it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 3, 2:08*pm, "ScottW" wrote:
"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 1:47 pm, "ScottW" wrote:

Boon wrote:
This is not your finest day.

OTOH, he now has a magic word, 'fawning,' to use on Jenn in place of
honest argument,

Honest argument? Like the "we-minded" nonsense so often turned to.

Consensus is a warning sign for lack of anything new or interesting.

That's what an outsider would say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staying outside homogenized groups is my tendency, no doubt.

:Naw, this aversion to "like-minded" individuals is a transparent cover
:for the fact that as you get older, you find it harder and harder to
:fit in and get along with others.

As I get older and more independent I find it less and less necessary
to fit in and get along with others.
I have the freedom to state my opinion and it doesn't matter at all
to me what you think about it.

Nice rationalization.

Funny how when other people disagree with you, they're "like-
minded." (There's another pathology for that, and it starts with a P.)

*:Now the challenge is determining
:whether this is merely being a curmudgeon or the beginning stages of a
:serious personality disorder.

If that's the best challenge you can find...sigh.

Nice IKYABWAI, last word freak.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Sacky lied:

we are all alone here on RAO
we had Jim, George, Shhh, and me
commenting on Jenn's toadyism.

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

* Reminds me of my feeling about lame ass advertiser funded
audio e-rags.

Aw...don't have hurt feelings just because you're outside someone's
demographic.

*Fools with money is a demographic I'm happy to be out of.

Irony alert!

You were once in it?

Excuse me, but you're talking to Scottie Witlessmongrel. He DEFINES that
"demographic". Unless you're excluding him from the super-demo "fools"
because he's too stupid to belong to it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
James Smith James Smith is offline

"Jenn" wrote :

LOL!!!! That is what being a fawning sycophant is all
about!!!!

Um, no, Clyde, it isn't.

My dear SHhhh, yes it is

No, it's not.

yes it is

fawning·ly adv.
Synonyms: fawn1, apple-polish, bootlick, kowtow, slaver1,
toady,
truckle
These verbs mean to curry favor by behaving obsequiously and
submissively: fawned on her superior; students
apple-polishing
the
teacher; bootlicked to get a promotion; lawyers kowtowing to
judge;
slavered over his rich uncle; toadying to members of the
club;
nobles
truckling to the king.

syc·o·phant (sk-fnt, sk-)
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering
influential people.

Gee, that would be just awful of me if any of it fit, which it
doesn't.

b y your own admissiion, yes, it does.
your state of denial is no surprise to me
you already admited that you won't say even the least
negative thing here about your associates, for fear of loss of
work.

No, you made that up. Why?

Youare asking me why I did something that I did not do.
That is like me asking you why you molest children, I would
never ask you why you do something that yo9u do not do.

No, I'm not. You said that I won't say anything negative for fear of
loss of work. I didn't say that.

You said this:

³2. If one of my friends looks themselves up on The Google and sees
that
I have called them "mediocre", it would hurt our relationship. The
logical fallacy that you are committing is that you think that I
always
comment when a friend is mentioned. I don't. If I don't care for
what
they do, I stay quiet. I have to work with these people.²

And then you said this:
³Let's say that you worked in a business that was super highly
competitive, and those people are part of a very small group of
people
who are qualified to do the work. Further, several of those people
are
personal friends. WHen you work together, it is often in high
pressure
situations in close quarters.
Now in that situation, would you rank the quality of those co-
workers,
based on a video of their work that captures one moment in time, and
post that opinion on the internet? ³

Obviously, your reasons for not ranking tham are based upon
fears over your position in the workplace. That makes you appear to be
fawning sycophantic toady. It also means that you just broke
your most amazng streak on RAO. You WERE the only person
who never lied on RAO! Nos, we can't say that anymore.
And if you do, it would juet be a second lie, aded onto your
fisrt one.

This is a sad day, you have broken your cherry, you are now
a consumate liar, just like the rest of us on RAO.

You're insane or you're taking comprehension lessons from Scott. The
ONLY conclusion you can draw from my statements is that it's about
possible loss of work? Unreal.

Clyde has you bang to rights and STILL you plead ignorance??

What a weasel !!

Jenn is a sanctimonious fawning sycophant, a manipulator, an egomaniac, a
vicious *******.

That aside, I'm sure she's a very nice person and that.

--

Jim Smith

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

You don't want to rank them for fear of offending one or more of them.
there are people you work with/for in a competitive field.

I prefer to have good relationships with people who I work with in
already stressful situations.

I t'ought you wuz a musician. You sayin' youze really Irene Walker?

(Just been watching Prizzi's Honor on cable.)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

And then you said this:
[...]

What a drama queen. Let me guess...is your name Chris Crocker?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 3, 2:34*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

*Fools with money is a demographic I'm happy to be out of.

Sign me up!
I am not such a big fool as to want to be a poor fool !!!!!!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 4:03*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Sacky lied:

we are all alone here on RAO
we had Jim, George, Shhh, and me
commenting on Jenn's toadyism.

That's not a lie, all lof those people had comments about it

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Witlessmongrel Jr. yapped:

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

It doesn't exist. Is that a "comment", or do you want to sober up?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 4:40*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Witlessmongrel Jr. yapped:

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was
irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

It doesn't exist. Is that a "comment", or do you want to sober up?

Why are you and Jenn so into denying your own words?

ScottW

I'm not denying my words. Not even close.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 1, 5:48*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 1, 4:38*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 1, 2:47*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 10:55*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:35*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 2:59*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:57*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

Jenn, not everything is equally excellent

Where did I say that?

Here, its the sum history of your postings.
You go gaga over eryone.

OK, let's try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWQk47ROcw

This guy sucks. *If I played this badly, I'd start doing live sound
at a
church for a living. *He should quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ac4MsjQaEc

This should instead be "Blowin Chunks". *Can't he at least learn to
TUNE
fercryinoutloud? *This guy plays like Dylan presently sings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DC6S4i4wk

Are you kidding me? *Your Lowden is WAY outclassing you. *You're
killing
this beautiful arrangement. *And close your lips.

you gaga and fawn over everyone you know.

No I don't.

If you know someone, then that makes them the best ion the world.

No it doesn't.

You must know some mediocre,'or even just merely good players!

Of course. *But why would I talk about them here?

I'm glad that we could clear that up.

When someone mentions *a name of a person
you kn ow, I never here you say that he is mediovre, or
even merely good.
He is always just fantastice!!!

You're not thinking this through with any kind of normal reasoning:

1. *Yes, everyone I have presented here, like the guitarists, are great. *
Otherwise, why would I post their stuff. *"OK gang, here are some really
mediocre musicians for you to listen to. *Enjoy!"

No, I refer to your gaga's over everyone you'know, it is not related
to your links.

WHich is a straw man. *Name someone I know who I believe is mediocre,
and I'll tell you.

2. *If one of my friends looks themselves up on The Google and sees that
I have called them "mediocre", it would hurt our relationship. *The
logical fallacy that you are committing is that you think that I always
comment when a friend is mentioned. *I don't. *If I don't care for what
they do, I stay quiet. *I have to work with these people.

Then we should not pay any attention to your opinions of them,

Please, feel free. *No, really.

they are candy colored as not to offend your friends and professional
acquaintances.
You are telling us that you can't tell us
waht you really think. Since you don't want
to offend them, you fawn over them ina sycophantic fashion.
this is exactly waht I have been talking about.
I am glad that you can realize that and admit it.

Can go go off on a limb enough to rank those
finger style guitar players? You can add a provisi
that even the last one on the list is very good, if you wish.
But rank order them for me, please.

Let's say that you worked in a business that was super highly
competitive, and those people are part of a very small group of people
who are qualified to do the work. *Further, several of those people are
personal friends. *WHen you work together, it is often in high pressure
situations in close quarters.

Now in that situation, would you rank the quality of those co-workers,
based on a video of their work that captures one moment in time, and
post that opinion on the internet?

I understand, because of the competitive nature of your
'business', the backstabbing, the backbiting,
the cliques, you just can't speak your true mind.
Well, that is exactly what I have been talking about, that
is what makes you appear to be a fawning sycophant
when you pour nothing but praise on the members
of your inner circle. You are dripping with insincerity
when you make those comments. You are afraid
of offending the frail ego of a musical talent who
might have some future benefit on your career.
You are afraid that the least critical word will start a backlash
against you that might cause harm to your position.
LOL!!!! That is what being a fawning sycophant is all about!!!!

PS: posts like these are what being a rambling drunk is all about!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are too much of a coward to rank the vids

LOL!

you have no excuse at all, you don't even work woth those people.

You haven't told me the point of your little demand.

Meanwhile, I don't take orders from drunks. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is to get you to refuse and show us what a coward you are.

Coward? Why would that be?

None of Jenn's guitar playing friends mean much to me personally. What
would I have to be afraid of? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I suppose you'll call me a "fawning sycophant".
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 1, 5:46*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 1, 3:59*pm, George M. Middius wrote:

Sacky burbled:

LOL!!!! That is what being a fawning sycophant is all about!!!!

Um, no, Clyde, it isn't.

My dear SHhhh, yes it is

No, it's not.

yes it is

fawning·ly adv.
Synonyms: fawn1, apple-polish, bootlick, kowtow, slaver1, toady,
truckle
These verbs mean to curry favor by behaving obsequiously and
submissively: fawned on her superior; students apple-polishing the
teacher; bootlicked to get a promotion; lawyers kowtowing to a judge;
slavered over his rich uncle; toadying to members of the club; nobles
truckling to the king.

syc·o·phant *(sk-fnt, sk-)
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering
influential people.

Very good, Clyde. You can cut-and-paste as well as your stupid friend
can.

Um, what will Jenn "get" from these people? That's the thread you
miss. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 3, 7:40*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Witlessmongrel Jr. yapped:

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

It doesn't exist. Is that a "comment", or do you want to sober up?

Yes, and no!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 10:23*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:24*pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 2:03*pm, "ScottW" wrote:

"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 1:34 pm, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 11:11 am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49 am, ScottW2 wrote:

Follow this simple adage in reference to your peers.
"If you can't tell us anything bad
about of you peers, don't say anything
at all about any of them!"

Reminds me of my feeling about lame ass advertiser funded
audio e-rags.

Aw...don't have hurt feelings just because you're outside someone's
demographic.

Fools with money is a demographic I'm happy to be out of.

:You were once in it?

Yawn. Lame boring debate trade.

(snip the repeated wife envy and other boring nothing) and that
leaves...nothing. *Oh well.

Last word freak. Nothing to say, still has to say it.

LoL. * What a sub-thread you weave. *This makes Art's appear
almost biblical in comparison.

the Bible is full of old farts with bad backs
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:35*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 2:59*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:57*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
[...]

You are afraid to state your opinions of those players,
that is your cowardice. It has nothing to do with
whether or not you know those people.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
[...]

LOL!!!
then is she has nothing to gain then she has nothing to be afraid of
and she should comparatively
rank those players.
She is afraid that those frail ego luimnaries
will complain to the contractor that hires her.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Sacky the Hickster hiccuped:

Witlessmongrel Jr. yapped:

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

It doesn't exist. Is that a "comment", or do you want to sober up?

Yes, and no!

No, it's not a comment. I commented on the fantasy that you chose to
verbalize, presumably in hopes of beckoning the real Witlessmongrel to slink
back in and keep you company in the Idiots' Coop.

Your insobriety is your own affair, of course. Do you recall from when you
participated in the functioning world that drunks get excluded from serious
conversations?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 3, 9:18*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:26*pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 2:08*pm, "ScottW" wrote:

"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 1:47 pm, "ScottW" wrote:

Boon wrote:
[...]

*LoL. *Complete lack of self-awareness noted.
Like-minded people is something you declared a need for me.

No..."like-minded" came about from my comment that people who are like-
minded have a right to talk about common interests without a bunch a
people assaulting and attacking them. You came up with all sorts of
absurd variations of "like-minded" in order to justify your compulsion
to spam this newsgroup with OT political posts.

*(There's another pathology for that, and it starts with a P.)

*:Now the challenge is determining
:whether this is merely being a curmudgeon or the beginning stages of a
:serious personality disorder.

If that's the best challenge you can find...sigh.

Nice IKYABWAI, last word freak.

* Wrong again. I don't think you're pathological or even
disordered. *Just childish and rather limited.

Yeah, but no one here gives a **** what you think about anything, do
they?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 3, 9:23*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:24*pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 2:03*pm, "ScottW" wrote:

"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 1:34 pm, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 11:11 am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49 am, ScottW2 wrote:

Follow this simple adage in reference to your peers.
"If you can't tell us anything bad
about of you peers, don't say anything
at all about any of them!"

Reminds me of my feeling about lame ass advertiser funded
audio e-rags.

Aw...don't have hurt feelings just because you're outside someone's
demographic.

Fools with money is a demographic I'm happy to be out of.

:You were once in it?

Yawn. Lame boring debate trade.

(snip the repeated wife envy and other boring nothing) and that
leaves...nothing. *Oh well.

Last word freak. Nothing to say, still has to say it.

LoL. * What a sub-thread you weave. *This makes Art's appear
almost biblical in comparison.

There you go again. Notice how you didn't really say anything there?
Last word freak.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

You are so full of bull**** that it oozes from you. You've jumped to a
massively bad conclusion. Here's a concept that you obviously don't
understand: Of the 8 guitarists I posted, 4 of them are very good
friends, and 2 others I know pretty well. Perhaps it's not true for
you, but in my life and in my business, it's considered impolite to rank
the talents of your friends and colleagues like they were entrees at a
restaurant. If I have critical words for then, as I sometimes do, they
are offered in private, where it is appropriate to do so.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

And then you said this:
[...]

I like you as well, James. Now please tell us about your 30 years in
the business.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:47*am, Boon wrote:
On Oct 3, 1:23 am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:43 am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 11:39 pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
"James Smith" wrote:

Jenn doesn't work with mediocre musicians!

Actually, with the exception of some of my students, you are very
close
to being correct.

according to jenn, thay are all equally great.

Nope, I've never said that. You're making things up.

She won't tejj us which greats are greater
tah the other greats, out of fear of offending the not quite
the greatest of the greats.

Do you believe that there is a "best guitarist (or anything else) in
the
world"?

yes to guitarist, yes to to other things
live or dead or currently incapacitated to some degree?

live, not incapacitated - B.B. King
live, of current limitation in capacity - Peter Green in his prime
dead, Roy Buchanon

combining all three, Peter Green

whatever you might think of them, and whatever you might think of
those
I excluded, or those in styles I excluded (classical, flamenco,
Hawaiian, Country, Folk, etc.), at least I stood
up, I have an opinion, and I told you what it is.

Well, bully for you. Here's my point: I never say that anyone is THE
BEST at anything. That's because of two factors:
1. I haven't heard everybody. Neither has anyone else. There's
probably a guy in the Kentucky hills who sits on his porch all day for
40 years and plays all day who is amazing.
2. We're talking about art. The evaluations are subjective. We've
shown that here. How can one say that there is a "best"?

Plus, do we really need to constantly rank everything in our lives?
Can't we just enjoy the things that bring us pleasure without
assigning a score to them? That's obnoxious.

You often express a preference for one item or performance
over another one. You have the courage to have
and express convictions, which is something that
Jenn completely lacks

You see no difference between ranking objects and friends. This pretty
clearly speaks for itself.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 2, 11:31*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

Juber is not a world class guitatrist, whatever that vague phrase
might mean. I have seen much better.
He is competent, but not musical.
Htere were others *posting here at that time who agreed.

Thanks for your opinion. *I suppose that the Hollywood contractors
are
simply wrong.

We only have your assertion that Jubby is the most sought after
session
guitarist in the world.

I didn't say that, but close enough. *If you don't believe me, call the
contractors. *Or go to Local 47 and check the date books. *Knock
yourself out.

No. You claim that your pen pal is the worlds greatest living guitarist.

No, I've never said that.

You
prove it!

That's pretty hard to do if you don't want to check with the union or
look at the date books. *Why don't you ring up the major contractors in
LA and ask them? *Do you know who they are?

Let's get something straight here right now : Hollywood contracts are
no
measure of talent.

lol *Let's just say it's a pretty good indication.

No. Let's say that you say that, but you do not have the authority to do
so.
In fact, the most revered guitarists in rock music history just give up
being regular session musicians once they have public recognition. Why
would
they compromise their art when they don't NEED to? Jubbles bucks that
trend.
Obviously, he can't shift enough Jubble-product.

lol *Your depth of ignorance is huge. *The "most revered guitarists in
rock music history" aren't qualified to play the sessions that I'm
speaking of. *You probably don't understand why.

I have no idea what goes on in selecting "session players" over
others.
Probably little different than any other job search where who you know
is
often as important as what you know.

But I do have an opinion on an aspect raised early in the discussion.
Juber certainly shows he has all the chops to play great guitar.
In session gigs he executes what someone else creatively directs.
His execution may be as flawless as anyone, I don't really know.

But when left relying on his own creativeness in the bits Jenn has
provided,
he gets a bit embroiled in demonstrating technical prowess which
doesn't lend itself
to creating that musical emotion that moves me.
It's amazing guitar playing but it isn't amazing music to me.

Stephen mentioned that the level of appreciation for his prowess
increases
with the level of musical training. I have no doubt thats true.
Musicians
playing for other musicians seem to be into this "look what I can do"
playing.
But technical prowess doesn't automatically equal music that touches
people emotionally. I don't know who said it...but I read/heard that
it's often the note
not played that moves us most. I agree completely.

Marc mentioned he like GYBE. Their music is not technically
complicated
at all for the individual musicians. It's this layered minimalism that
starts slowly and simply but is built up into an intricate pattern
that can be deeply moving to some or just dark and depressing to
others.
But I don't hear any serious chops in any of the individual players
and if they did show it...it would be out of place and detrimental to
the music.

Anyway, I don't care if Jenn wants to be a fawning sycophant or not.
It's her priviledge to know these people and while the occasional name-
dropping
may be as much about her and who she knows rather than the people
she knows, it's not as totally RAO centric as most of the BS going
on here.

ScottW

I quite agree with you that the simplest, most heartfelt music is
usually the most effective. One of my favorite guitar performances of
all time is the Ed Gerhard arrangement of The Water is Wide that I
posted. I listen to it, and I play it quite often. LJ, for example,
plays quite often in that way. Did you listen to his arrangement of In
My Life that I took the time to post? There are many online videos of
him playing in that fashion, sad to say. If you wish, I'll send links
to some more audio files. But, whatever... I try to remember this
lesson and not bring any more musical performances to this group.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:21*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 3, 1:09*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 2, 11:31*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

[...]

She is someone who's opinions I put little weight on,
given her lack of critical thinking.

A common problem in RAO. I was playing kickin it at the Barn last
night.
That CD is really growin on me....except the mariachi track .
Somehow I'm nut sure if LJ could fit in those sessions.

ScottW

Why not, Mr. Critical Thinking?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 2:25*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:42*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 11:43*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 10:44*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 2:50*am, Jenn
wrote:
In article

s.co
m,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn
wrote:
In article

roup
s.co
m,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn

wrote:
In article

ogle
grou
ps.c
om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn

wrote:
[...]

I don't work with anyone you would name here who is
mediocre.
*You
don't
understand how good you have to be to make it as a
performer.
*I'm
BARELY in the professional performance scene in L.A. and
other
places.
*
I've made other decisions (and interests) for my career.
*I'm
very,
very
lucky that I can make a percentage of my income, around
$20,000
year
the past few years, as a player of brass and trombone. *So
when
someone
whose style I share and understand gets mentioned here,
they
are at
place in the profession where they are REALLY special
players;
the
top
fraction of a percent of the people who are serious about
playing.
*If
you ask 100 people are really into this niche of guitar
playing
(solo
fingerstyle acoustic) who their favorite 5 players are, the
vast
majority would name those players I shared YouTube videos
of.

you shared more than five players. which of these are in
'your'
top five, and in what order?

In no order: *Smith, Juber, Huttlinger, Gerhard, McManus.
*Based on
more
than these videos.

Probably based on the five you most are in fear of ****ing off!

Yep, that's it exactly. *Thanks.

as you said earlier, you don't want to offend
anyone that might advamce your career.

Nope, I've never said that. *You're imagining things. *Bad batch of
Thunderbird?

essentially, that is what you said.

No, it's not.

You don't want to rank them for fear of offending one or more of them.
there are people you work with/for in a competitive field.

I prefer to have good relationships with people who I work with in
already stressful situations.

Fine, then spare us you fawning sycophancies.
Stop telling us how great and wonderful is each and every
luminous presence in your professional life.
It comes off as all so insincere and Pollyanna-i

If you can't even give us a simple rank order showing
us the relative 'bestness' of all the "greats" for fear of
'offending one of them for the least slight , we know that
you are not willing to give us any believable
assessments, and when you give us your "oohs" and
"aahs" about this associate , or that associate, of yours,
it is colored by your unwillingmness to be the least
bit critical.

Follow this simple adage in reference to your peers.
"If you can't tell us anything bad
about of you peers, don't say anything
at all about any of them!"

Don't worry. I won't darken the door of this group with any more music.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 3, 11:08*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Sacky the Hickster hiccuped:

Witlessmongrel Jr. yapped:

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

It doesn't exist. Is that a "comment", or do you want to sober up?

Yes, and no!

No, it's not a comment. I commented on the fantasy that you chose to
verbalize, presumably in hopes of beckoning the real Witlessmongrel to slink
back in and keep you company in the Idiots' Coop.

Your insobriety is your own affair, of course. Do you recall from when you
participated in the functioning world that drunks get excluded from serious
conversations?

comments can be positive, comments can be negative,
You made a comment that was negative.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

FINE!!!
Then don't give us your sugarcoated bull**** opinions of these people,
since you claim that these considerations prevent you from making
any comments that could be in the least construed in any way as being
negative
or comparative. IN other words, you have prevented yourself
from offering us any analytical and consructive information
about'these people,
so it would be best for public image if you would just keet your trap
shut about them,
rather than give us your signature patented bull**** swooning
sugarcoated pronouncements.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:46*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 3:59*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

Sacky burbled:

[...]

I've not said anything about them that I don't believe. There was
nothing 'sugarcoated'. I hope that you can understand that, but I doubt
that.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

You are so full of bull**** that it oozes from you. You've jumped to a
massively bad conclusion.

This is how they do their politics as well.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 12:43*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

The group just got a little ****tier today. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 9:29*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:13*pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:18*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

Funny how when other people disagree with you, they're "like-
minded."

*LoL. *Complete lack of self-awareness noted.
Like-minded people is something you declared a need for me.

No..."like-minded" came about from my comment that people who are like-
minded have a right to talk about common interests without a bunch a
people assaulting and attacking them.

* If *you feel that way, *why do you keep attacking?

I don't think you understand the word "attack." You keep mixing it up
with "protest." My OPINION is that people who come to this group to
make personal attacks or spam the group should be discouraged from
doing so.

You came up with all sorts of
absurd variations of "like-minded" in order to justify your compulsion
to spam this newsgroup with OT political posts.

* It appears to be that or Boons weekly ****ing contest or
Stephens obit or Jenns next bout of self-denial.
*I choose politics. *I know what your choice is.

This is an audio group. If you want to spam the group with your
political views, then you should be prepared to meet resistance. In
moderated groups, you would be kicked out for your refusal to get this
point. That should tell you something about the inappropriateness of
your posting behaviors.

*(There's another pathology for that, and it starts with a P.)

*:Now the challenge is determining
:whether this is merely being a curmudgeon or the beginning stages of a
:serious personality disorder.

If that's the best challenge you can find...sigh.

Nice IKYABWAI, last word freak.

* Wrong again. I don't think you're pathological or even
disordered. *Just childish and rather limited.

Yeah, but no one here gives a **** what you think about anything, do
they?

*Perhaps not, but I can live with that.

*Can you?

Can I live with the fact that no one here gives a **** what you think?
Absolutely.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 10:03*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:14*pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:23*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 12:24*pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 2:03*pm, "ScottW" wrote:

"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 1:34 pm, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 11:11 am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49 am, ScottW2 wrote:

Follow this simple adage in reference to your peers.
"If you can't tell us anything bad
about of you peers, don't say anything
at all about any of them!"

Reminds me of my feeling about lame ass advertiser funded
audio e-rags.

Aw...don't have hurt feelings just because you're outside someone's
demographic.

Fools with money is a demographic I'm happy to be out of.

:You were once in it?

Yawn. Lame boring debate trade.

(snip the repeated wife envy and other boring nothing) and that
leaves...nothing. *Oh well.

Last word freak. Nothing to say, still has to say it.

LoL. * What a sub-thread you weave. *This makes Art's appear
almost biblical in comparison.

There you go again. Notice how you didn't really say anything there?

Does it surprise you that I have nothing to say to you?

That would be a lie. You always have plenty to say to me.

Last word freak.

*Today it's "last word freak".
Yesterday it was "pussy ducking out of the the thread".

Please show where I used the phrase "pussy ducking out of the thread"
yesterday.

Tomorrow is pathology day.

When it comes to you, every day is pathology day. If you think I'm
****ting you, ask your friendly neighborhood psychologist if it's okay
to spam an audio newsgroup with OT political posts over the course of
years. Then you might learn the true meaning of the word "self-
awareness."

It's all just Boon's same 'ol debating trade
of endless ****.

There's no debating trade on my end. You are spamming an audio group
with endless OT posts. I am objecting to it. Where does the debating
trade come in? Oh yeah, that's when you say, "I have every right to
be here." THAT'S the debating trade, dip****.

Every time you try to avoid that basic fact, you lose.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 10:11*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 11:29*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 12:25*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:47*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 1:23 am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:43 am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 11:39 pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
"James Smith" wrote:

[...]

As a reviewer, I went out of my way to avoid saying one product was
better than another because there are way too many variable to
consider. It never once occurred to me that Jenn was a fawning
sycophant because she brought an element of positivity to RAO. She
heard things, got excited about them and told the group. That's a long
way from Scott's constant bitching about the ****ty world we live in.

*Is your world ****ty? *Who knew....lol.

Nice debating trade work there, hypocrite. LoL.

*My "bitching" is about things in this world and our country that
could
be better.

It could always be better. Bitching and complaining about politics on
an audio newsgroup is the work of an ineffectual pussy who has no idea
how to participate in a democracy.

*Much of the ****tiness in your world is function of you fools getting
exactly
what you wish for.

The ****tiness in my world? Right now, that's limited to a bunch of
crazy right-wing assholes spreading lies and hate and negativity all
over the place. If all of you assholes disappeared, the world would
immediately become a much better place for EVERYONE.

Now I don't expect RAO to be a haven for positivity and love, but I'm
against squashing what civility there is

*Marc and civility...another hoot.

Well, considering that you're a target, I could understand why you
feel so put out. Then again, I've tried to have civil on-topic
discussions with you and you've bailed. So you've created your ****ty
little world on RAO. Just take it like a man.

and replacing it with more
bitching. Jenn brings something positive to the group. Would you
rather have her or Jim Smith? PLF?

A lot of cool people used to post here. Let's not chase one of the
last of them away.

*The hypocritical fascist speaks. *He has no problem doing the chasing
when
he feels like it.

Like I said, I chase away people who are here to attack others or to
spam the group. Art is chasing away someone who is a musician, a
teacher and who contributes to the group in a positve way, If you
can't tell the difference, then you're even more stupid than I
suspected. Or, you're just a liar. And I've already caught you in a
couple of lies today.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 10:25*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 4, 7:56*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 4, 9:29*am, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 8:13*pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:18*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

Funny how when other people disagree with you, they're "like-
minded."

*LoL. *Complete lack of self-awareness noted.
Like-minded people is something you declared a need for me.

No..."like-minded" came about from my comment that people who are like-
minded have a right to talk about common interests without a bunch a
people assaulting and attacking them.

* If *you feel that way, *why do you keep attacking?

I don't think you understand the word "attack." You keep mixing it up
with "protest."

LoL. *You always make disparaging comments about wives,
families, jobs etc as a form of protest?

Show me where I made such comments without you provoking me first.

*Your denial is as silly as Jenn's.

Jenn's isn't silly.

And your constant attacks are the spam my OT comments
are trying to drown out.

Explain that to a mental health care professional.

You want to show your wit and intellect?
See if you can do it without the personal attacks.

Let's see...didn't you attack TONEAudio just yesterday? Haven't you
lied about my children? Haven't you lied about the reasons I came to
Texas? Haven't you lied to me today?

When you complain about personal attacks, there isn't a single person
here who isn't rolling their eyes and thinking about what a giant
hypocrite you are. Personally, I don't know how you can live with
yourself. I can only assume that your personal life has gone down the
drain and you no longer have any type of self-respect.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

But, whatever... I try to remember this
lesson and not bring any more musical performances to this group.

Hahaha. Good one.

What set Them off isn't the content of your opinion, Mistress. It's the
source. They resent you. Whatever you say will be grist for their mill of
misogyny.