Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agua Agua is offline

Default HDSP 9632: after firmware update, cannot choose as audio device

Hello all,

I did post in the RME forums, but wanted to see if anyone here had any
suggestions.

Windows XP 64 SP 2 (fully updated)
MSI K9A2 Platinum Bios 1.6
Phenom 9600
8 GB Mushkin PC6400
Realtek RTL8168/8111
ATI HD3870
HDSP 9632
RME Hammerfall DSP 3.07.2

I ran the flash update tool and upgraded my firmware from 153 to 154.
I then shut down the computer, waited 30 seconds and then booted it
up. After Windows loaded, it recognized new hardware, and I followed
the driver install per RME's instructions. After the install, I was
no longer able to choose the HDSP 9632 as an audio device. The
hardware device manager listed the HDSP 9632 as functioning properly
under 'Sound, video and game controllers'.

I tried un-installing the driver via the device manager and
uninstalling the WDM driver under 'Control Panel - Add or Remove
Programs'. I re-booted the computer and re-installed the driver as
before. Still no luck.

I cannot choose the 9632 neither in 'Control Panel - Sound and Audio
Devices' nor in my DAWs.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.
Thank you,

Shaun
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agua Agua is offline

Thanks for the suggestions, Bob.

You're first sentence was the cure. On the 'Have Disk' screen, I
accidentally had 'Hammerfall DSP' highlighted instead of 'HDSP 9632'.
But I did have to scroll down to see it and the 9632 is a Hammerfall
card...it's a little confusing. We are back and running now.

Thanks!
~S

On Nov 17, 3:14*am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Agua" wrote in message

[...]

Ask yourself if you absolutely, precisely remember the listings of the
device in the hardware device manager. For complex devices, different
aspects of a single device are listed as separate devices.

One diagnostic would be to try it in a 32 bit machine. 32 bit software gets
more hammering and is more reliable. Another diagnostic would be to remove
ram down to 2 gb. There is a specific problem of board addressing in systems
with more than 4 gB. They could have botched that in the firmware release..

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511