Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] jaunty.akhenaten@gmail.com is offline

Default Bose Mix-'n'-Match?

I'm wondering whether a Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III subwoofer
(unpowered) will sound okay between the amplifier and two regular Bose
201 speakers. Would there be any sort of incompatility in the
electronics?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:50:48 -0500, "WindsorFoxSS"

I'm wondering whether a Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III subwoofer
(unpowered) will sound okay between the amplifier and two regular Bose
201 speakers. Would there be any sort of incompatility in the
electronics?

I'm thinking a Bose sub is going to sound like carp regardless of
where it sits in the room, but that's just me. I do think it will sound
better than 201 bookshelf speakers.

Carp? some sort of freshwater fish, certainly - just not bass.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , "WindsorFoxSS" wrote:
wrote:
I'm wondering whether a Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III subwoofer
(unpowered) will sound okay between the amplifier and two regular Bose
201 speakers. Would there be any sort of incompatility in the
electronics?

I'm thinking a Bose sub is going to sound like carp regardless of
where it sits in the room, but that's just me. I do think it will sound
better than 201 bookshelf speakers.

I don't think is a good idea and I have no idea how he wants them connected.
The 201's have a large upper bass lift. Kinda mellow sounding at the bottom midrange.
I don't know about the sub. That might be a good thing if ine uses the internal
crossovers of the woofer.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:
I'm wondering whether a Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III subwoofer
(unpowered) will sound okay between the amplifier and two regular Bose
201 speakers. Would there be any sort of incompatility in the
electronics?

* *I'm thinking a Bose sub is going to sound like carp regardless of
where it sits in the room, but that's just me. I do think it will sound
better than 201 bookshelf speakers.

I don't think is a good idea and I have no idea how he wants them connected.
The 201's have a large upper bass lift. Kinda mellow sounding at the bottom midrange.
I don't know about the sub. That might be a good thing if ine uses the internal
crossovers of the woofer.

greg

As a subwoofer, it doesn't seem to have any large speker to speak of.
Maybe it's better described as a center speaker for home theater.

If it's built to send only the high end to the satellite cube
speakers, the 201's should sound fairly presentable, as Boses go.

Well, I'll try it out and see what happens. Eventually.