Posted to rec.audio.tech
mjn03

Default Outdoor Passive SubWoofer wiring

This is my first outdoor and first passive subwoofer installation. Due
to building codes, pool water dangers, etc. I do not want to run a
powered subwoofer or amplifyer outside, by my pool. I am going to be
using "fake rock" shaped outdoor speakers and a sub. The sub (see link
below) is passive and has a 2-wire (+ and -) connections, much like a
standard satellite speaker. This considered, and the lack of a active
or amplified sub, how do I wire this ? I cant use the LFE (Single RCA)
subwoofer out my receiver becuase it is made for use with an amplified
sub.....any thoughts ? And no, I do not know if the subwoofer below has
a crossover...does that make all the difference in wiring/using w/o an
amp. sub ?

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/oshfulperosp.html

Any help MUCH appreciated,

MJN03

Posted to rec.audio.tech
James Lehman

You will need an amp for the sub. Chances are very likely you will also need
an active crossover that will at least roll off the high end going to the
sub. Usually the sub channel in a surround sound system is just a pure mono
signal from the source material. You might also want to take the low end out
of the satellites.

James. )

oups.com...

Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian Audio Opinions 15 February 20th 04 09:11 PM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian Tech 60 February 20th 04 09:11 PM
Main speakers with builtin subwoofer - How to configure receiver? Michael Harder Audio Opinions 0 October 28th 03 11:18 PM
Subwoofer wiring question Neil Addington Car Audio 1 October 27th 03 09:39 PM