Posted to rec.audio.tech
tai fu

Default JVC wood cone speakers?

anyone heard of those JVC wood cone speakers? are they any good or is it
just hype? What is so good with wood cone speaker anyways? couldnt plastics
be any good?

--
TAI FU

Posted to rec.audio.tech

tai fu wrote:
anyone heard of those JVC wood cone speakers? are they any good or is it
just hype? What is so good with wood cone speaker anyways? couldnt plastics
be any good?

--
TAI FU

Could you provide a mfr. link to the specific product your referring
to?
There are many models of JVC speakers.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:29:13 +0800, "tai fu" wrote:

anyone heard of those JVC wood cone speakers? are they any good or is it
just hype? What is so good with wood cone speaker anyways? couldnt plastics
be any good?

Better than expected but nothing special. What you'd expect from JVC.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.tech
tai fu

I demo them once and it wasnt anything special... didnt sound too different
than any hi fi setup, and in fact sounds a bit tiny because the speaker is a
bit small...

--
TAI FU

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff@work

"tai fu" wrote in message
anyone heard of those JVC wood cone speakers? are they any good or is it
just hype? What is so good with wood cone speaker anyways? couldnt
plastics
be any good?

No reason they should sound as good or better than anything else. A
gimmick.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Karl Uppiano

"Geoff@work" wrote in message

"tai fu" wrote in message
anyone heard of those JVC wood cone speakers? are they any good or is it
just hype? What is so good with wood cone speaker anyways? couldnt
plastics
be any good?

No reason they should sound as good or better than anything else. A
gimmick.

Yeah, and it seems plastics would last longer, have more consistent
properties, and be easier and less expensive to manufacture.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:25:11 GMT, "Karl Uppiano"
wrote:

"Geoff@work" wrote in message
.. .

"tai fu" wrote in message
anyone heard of those JVC wood cone speakers? are they any good or is it
just hype? What is so good with wood cone speaker anyways? couldnt
plastics
be any good?

No reason they should sound as good or better than anything else. A
gimmick.

Yeah, and it seems plastics would last longer, have more consistent
properties, and be easier and less expensive to manufacture.

Yeah but the research into getting just the right exposure to Sake was
enthusiastically supported.

Kal