Bob

Default mono/stereo/dif....

I listen to the mono and stereo version of a mix . But what should one learn
from the ''dif'' mix? What should one hear/not hear?

thanks for your explanation, regards,
Bob

Lorin David Schultz

"Bob" wrote in message
I listen to the mono and stereo version of a mix . But what should one

learn
from the ''dif'' mix? What should one hear/not hear?

thanks for your explanation, regards,

Are you asking what you should be checking to insure mono compatibility,
or are you asking about the L-R signal with the sum removed?

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Bob

--

The latter Lorin...thanks for explaining.
Bob

Lorin David Schultz

"Bob" wrote:

The latter Lorin...thanks for explaining.

I can't think of *anything* you "should" or "should not" hear when
listening to the difference (L-R) signal, since what you'd hear is
completely dependant on aesthetic production decisions.

I guess you should not hear anything you wanted positioned in the centre
of the mix (vocal? maybe some lead parts? bass? kick?), though you
would probably hear the reverb (if any) on the element. You don't
really need to do anything other than listen to the mix for that though.