Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ann Ann is offline

Default B&O info sought

Hi folks.

We have a B&O UK/European Avante 32" PAL TV that we're looking to move
from its current home in England to our new home in the US, which is
NTSC.

Can we bypass the internal tuner with a cable TV input and/or a NTSC
tuner?

Many thanks for your advice and replies!
Ann

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Ann wrote:
Hi folks.

We have a B&O UK/European Avante 32" PAL TV that we're looking to move
from its current home in England to our new home in the US, which is
NTSC.

Can we bypass the internal tuner with a cable TV input and/or a NTSC
tuner?

Many thanks for your advice and replies!
Ann

No. Unless it is dual-system is is totally incompatible - nothing to do
with the tuner.

Upside is that you will be able to replace it much more inexpensively than
you probably paid...

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Ann" wrote ...
We have a B&O UK/European Avante 32" PAL TV that we're looking to move
from its current home in England to our new home in the US, which is
NTSC.

Can we bypass the internal tuner with a cable TV input and/or a NTSC
tuner?

Is it rated to handle real NTSC 3.58 ?

Not NTSC 4.43 or PAL-60?

Even if you had provided the complete model number, it is rather
unlikely that we could look up the specifications for an older
consumer TV receiver.

Standards-converter boxes are becoming less expensive,
but the cost of shipping your TV receiver plus the cost of a
standards converter box may exceed the cost of an equivalent
NTSC receiver. If this is a temporary move, you could consider
renting an NTSC set. If it is permanent, are you going to want
to continue to view PAL tapes/DVDs, etc?

(This is not really the right newsgroup for video questions!)

NAD L70 opinions sought Cordovero Audio Opinions 0 August 9th 05 07:34 AM
Advice sought Jon Yaeger Vacuum Tubes 14 January 24th 05 10:53 AM
Advice sought. Patrick L. Pro Audio 3 September 14th 04 09:33 PM
QRK Model 5 console: info sought NewYorkDave Pro Audio 22 May 21st 04 04:12 PM
QRK Model 5 console: info sought NewYorkDave Pro Audio 0 May 19th 04 08:40 PM