Posted to rec.audio.tech
macandal macandal is offline

Default Newbie needs help burning CD

I use a mac and I use Toast to burn CDs. Now, I've never burned
anything other than music CDs with Toast or iTunes so, how do I make a
copy of FLACs/SHNs I have stored in my HD? Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"macandal" wrote ...
macandal wrote:
I use a mac and I use Toast to burn CDs. Now, I've never burned
anything other than music CDs with Toast or iTunes so, how do I make
copy of FLACs/SHNs I have stored in my HD? Thanks.

Remember that 95% of us on this planet don't use Macs.
You'll have to be a bit more patient for your answer. Or
you could try asking in some Mac-based forum.

I would have to believe that there is some way to write
data files to CDRs. (If that is what you are asking.)
It isn't clear whether you are asking how to make backup
data discs, or whether you are asking about converting
FLAC and SHN into a format from which you can make
a "music CD" ("Red Book" disc).

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Stephan Gipp Stephan Gipp is offline

macandal wrote:
I use a mac and I use Toast to burn CDs. Now, I've never burned
anything other than music CDs with Toast or iTunes so, how do I make a
copy of FLACs/SHNs I have stored in my HD? Thanks.

Do you want to make a music CD, an MP3 CD or a data CD? In Toaster (I
have version 6.0.3) first select the type (Data or Audio); for MP3
select Audio an select MP3 in the tools box on the left side.

Once this is done, drag/drop the files into Toaster ... and hit the big
red button to burn.

Stephan
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On May 6, 1:22 pm, Stephan Gipp wrote:
macandal wrote:
I use a mac and I use Toast to burn CDs. Now, I've never burned
anything other than music CDs with Toast or iTunes so, how do I make a
copy of FLACs/SHNs I have stored in my HD? Thanks.

Do you want to make a music CD, an MP3 CD or a data CD? In Toaster (I
have version 6.0.3) first select the type (Data or Audio); for MP3
select Audio an select MP3 in the tools box on the left side.

Once this is done, drag/drop the files into Toaster ... and hit the big
red button to burn.

Stephan

Stephan, what I want to do is simply copy folders of FLACs and SHNs I
have to another CD. A friend is asking me for a copy of a concert I
have on a CD in FLAC/SHN format, that's all. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

macandal wrote:
On May 4, 11:20 am, macandal wrote:
I use a mac and I use Toast to burn CDs. Now, I've never burned
anything other than music CDs with Toast or iTunes so, how do I make a
copy of FLACs/SHNs I have stored in my HD? Thanks.

No one?

You've never burned data files to a disc?

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On May 7, 11:02 pm, Steven Sullivan wrote:
macandal wrote:
On May 4, 11:20 am, macandal wrote:
I use a mac and I use Toast to burn CDs. Now, I've never burned
anything other than music CDs with Toast or iTunes so, how do I make a
copy of FLACs/SHNs I have stored in my HD? Thanks.

No one?

You've never burned data files to a disc?

No. I have never had the need to do so.

CD Burning Luther Bell Pro Audio 38 December 7th 05 07:06 PM
[newbie] Questions about burning audio CDs Thomas Baruchel Tech 3 June 22nd 05 03:02 PM
burning a cd on DVD [email protected] General 1 January 26th 05 09:28 PM
So. Cal Burning ScottW Audio Opinions 72 November 1st 03 06:52 PM
CD burning Peter Adamson Pro Audio 15 August 4th 03 01:00 PM