Posted to rec.audio.tech
schoey2k schoey2k is offline

Default Hart Electronics

Hi

I have recently came accross an amplifier built from a kit (possibly
40 years ago), lacking it's off-board transistors, which has "Hart
Electronics" etched onto the board, and also i have a box of
components with a return address to Hart Electronics of Manchester,
does anyone know if this company still exists in any capacity such
that i could possibly find out what type of transistors to use?

Danny

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland Serge Auckland is offline

schoey2k wrote:
Hi

I have recently came accross an amplifier built from a kit (possibly
40 years ago), lacking it's off-board transistors, which has "Hart
Electronics" etched onto the board, and also i have a box of
components with a return address to Hart Electronics of Manchester,
does anyone know if this company still exists in any capacity such
that i could possibly find out what type of transistors to use?

Danny

If you could tell us what the kit was, we may be n a better position to
advise. I have many old Wireless World circuits which Hart sold
commercially, so may be able to provide the information you need.

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech
schoey2k schoey2k is offline

I'm afraid there are no specifics witten on the board, so i have no
idea what the specific kit was, all i know is that it's a power
amplifier and requires a 0-60V supply, would a photo of it help?

Danny

On 21 Apr, 16:18, Serge Auckland wrote:
schoey2k wrote:
Hi

I have recently came accross an amplifier built from a kit (possibly
40 years ago), lacking it's off-board transistors, which has "Hart
Electronics" etched onto the board, and also i have a box of
components with a return address to Hart Electronics of Manchester,
does anyone know if this company still exists in any capacity such
that i could possibly find out what type of transistors to use?

Danny

If you could tell us what the kit was, we may be n a better position to
advise. I have many old Wireless World circuits which Hart sold
commercially, so may be able to provide the information you need.

S.

--http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Posted to rec.audio.tech

schoey2k wrote:
Hi
I have recently came accross an amplifier built from a kit (possibly
40 years ago), lacking it's off-board transistors, which has "Hart
Electronics" etched onto the board, and also i have a box of
components with a return address to Hart Electronics of Manchester,
does anyone know if this company still exists in any capacity such
that i could possibly find out what type of transistors to use?
Danny

If you could tell us what the kit was, we may be n a better position to
advise. I have many old Wireless World circuits which Hart sold
commercially, so may be able to provide the information you need.

S.

--http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Photos of both sides of the board may well help, as I may be able to
identify it from there. With a single-ended 60 volt supply it could be
the Bailey 30 watt amp, which was designed with either +-30 volt or +60
volt supplies, but then again, it could be something else......

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech

schoey2k wrote:
[...]

--http://audiopages.googlepages.com- Hide quoted text -

I'm having a few problems trying to get the photos to somewhere i can
link to them, but a Bailey amp rings quite a few bells,

Posted to rec.audio.tech

schoey2k wrote:
[...]

You can email them to me directly, and I can post them on my web site below.

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech
none none is offline

schoey2k wrote:
Hi

I have recently came accross an amplifier built from a kit (possibly
40 years ago), lacking it's off-board transistors, which has "Hart
Electronics" etched onto the board, and also i have a box of
components with a return address to Hart Electronics of Manchester,
does anyone know if this company still exists in any capacity such
that i could possibly find out what type of transistors to use?

Danny

About 40 years ago, i remember of Hart amplifier kits being
sold in the Netherlands. they were a 1:1 copy of the Quad 303
although the mechanical construction may probably be different.

http://richardbrice.net/quad33&303.htm

Andre
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On 22 Apr, 21:36, none ""andre\"@(none)" wrote:
schoey2k wrote:
Hi

I have recently came accross an amplifier built from a kit (possibly
40 years ago), lacking it's off-board transistors, which has "Hart
Electronics" etched onto the board, and also i have a box of
components with a return address to Hart Electronics of Manchester,
does anyone know if this company still exists in any capacity such
that i could possibly find out what type of transistors to use?

Danny

About 40 years ago, i remember of Hart amplifier kits being
sold in the Netherlands. they were a 1:1 copy of the Quad 303
although the mechanical construction may probably be different.

http://richardbrice.net/quad33&303.htm

Andre

Thanks for that, as far as i can see topology of the PCB circuit is
preety much the same as the quad 303 topology, there are a few little
differences, like a couple of the output transistors are connected
directly to the power rail rather than via a resistor, but i'd be
confident to get any info i need about the PCB circuit off the quad
schematic

Danny

Posted to rec.audio.tech

schoey2k wrote:
Hi

I have recently came accross an amplifier built from a kit (possibly
40 years ago), lacking it's off-board transistors, which has "Hart
Electronics" etched onto the board, and also i have a box of
components with a return address to Hart Electronics of Manchester,
does anyone know if this company still exists in any capacity such
that i could possibly find out what type of transistors to use?

Danny

About 40 years ago, i remember of Hart amplifier kits being
sold in the Netherlands. they were a 1:1 copy of the Quad 303
although the mechanical construction may probably be different.

http://richardbrice.net/quad33&303.htm

Andre

Thanks Andre, from the looks of things, the PCBs circuit topology is
pretty much the same as the 303's, particularly the output stage and
the bias setting, i've yet to look in enough detail how different any
of the resistor values are, but i'd be inclined to trust the 303
circuit for transistor types, tell me if i'm very wrong,

Danny

Posted to rec.audio.tech

schoey2k wrote:
[...]

Danny- Hide quoted text -

Sorry about the double message, i assumed the first one had decided
not post when it hadn't appeared in a couple of days

Electronics Question John Shepardson Car Audio 5 April 2nd 06 05:30 AM
Help with TC Electronics M-One XL settings [email protected] Pro Audio 1 March 16th 05 05:28 PM
electronics on kaen General 0 February 16th 05 04:44 PM
car audio,vidieo, speakers, portable electronics and other electronics items cyriac Car Audio 1 December 17th 04 02:51 AM