Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom Jancauskas Tom Jancauskas is offline

Default UPDATE: Otari MX-55/Otari tech needed in Chicago suburbs

Hey all,

I thought I'd give you an update on this in case anybody wanted to know.

I found a place in the Chicago area called Deltronics. I brought it in to
them and they were able to get the machine up & running without much work.
Very reasonably priced too! As it turns out it wasn't in as bad of shape as
first thought.

Anyway I am still looking for a tech that can come to the studio to do some
work. Is anbody still doing this freelance? Or all of the techs tied to
bigger studios & do the occasional outside job?

Thanks all. Below is my original post.

--
Tom Jancauskas
Imedia

I have just received an Otari MX55 overbridge machine. I need to find a
tech in the chicago are that can come out & look at the machine for me.

It had been damaged in shipping (the box showed up round) and I need someone
to come out & look at it for me.

I can handle basic alignment of the machine, but this is way past what I can
do. I don't have a lot of tools, and don't have good enough vision to tackle
anything too intricate.

The machine had been dropped in shipping and the deck plate/reel platter
took the hit taking out a set of hub adapters in the process.

As far as I can tell right now, the right reel table was pushed into the
machine slightly and the reel won't spin evenly.

I haven't been able to check the machine any further until I can get this
repaired.

Anyway, any help you can give would be appreciated!