Posted to rec.audio.pro
T.W. Day T.W. Day is offline

Default Is Logic X 10.3 or older totally unavailable?

I'm a retired recording engineer who just messes with small town stuff for the fun of it in my dotage. I recently stepped up to a new-to-me Mac Pro 3,1 so that I could run El Capitan and Pro Tools 11 (I retired in early 13 and PTZ 10 was my DAW at the time). Somehow, in the move from my old home to our downsized retirement home, I lost my copy of Logic 9. Since I could run an older version (10.3 or older) of Logic Pro X on El Capitan, I thought I'd go to apple and buy it. But NOOOO! Good old customer hostile Apple thinks eliminating any backwards path for users who haven't kept up with their weekly OS and hardware changes will force them to buy new gear. As a last ditch effort, before dumping Logic and moving to either Studio One (and maybe dumping the Mac altogether, since everything else I do except music is on a Windows machine) or going back to Cubase for MIDI and instrument/loop based music. PT mostly sucks for that kind of composition work.

Suggestions? Please.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 3/03/2020 3:03 pm, T.W. Day wrote:
[...]

If you have a reasonably-specced Window PC lying around try the original
for that sort of thing - Acid (currently Acid Pro 9).

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

..

Suggestions? Please.

Try N Track Studio on Windows

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

wrote in message

..

Suggestions? Please.

Try N Track Studio on Windows

You can also try Reaper. Lean and mean with little fluff and pretty much
totally customizable.
Fully functional demo and the price is right.
https://www.reaper.fm/

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

This has been a while, but I'm sure I have Logic 9 here on my drive.

It won't run unless you've paid for it, so I have no problem emailing it to you.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
T.W. Day T.W. Day is offline

On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 8:03:06 PM UTC-6, T.W. Day wrote:
[...]

Through a really complicated route, I did find a copy of 10.3. Now, I just need stuff in my house to quit breaking so that I can work with it. Thanks for the advice.