bob wald

Default waiting

to be #1!!!! lol.....givme givme givme........ hAHAhAHahhAHa [[[[Clarion
EQ]]]]

Jethro

bob wald Wrote:
to be #1!!!! lol.....givme givme givme........ hAHAhAHahhAHa
[[[[Clarion
EQ]]]]

Well mr. bob wald, if feel you have educated us enough, you should at
least go to another car audio forum to help out newbies... you could
probably teach the youngsters over at this forum a thing or two:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/forumdisplay.php?f=5

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

Jethro

MZ Wrote:
Bob would be an upgrade at CAF...

Compared to some of the 16 year old 'I want to set off car alarms with
my subs' newbies that roams through there, yes; he may be an upgrade...
but that's about it...

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

Scott Gardner

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:29:28 +0000, Jethro
wrote:

bob wald Wrote:
to be #1!!!! lol.....givme givme givme........ hAHAhAHahhAHa
[[[[Clarion
EQ]]]]

Well mr. bob wald, if feel you have educated us enough, you should at
least go to another car audio forum to help out newbies... you could
probably teach the youngsters over at this forum a thing or two:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I thought CAF's "bulletin board" was just a portal to this newsgroup.
I know that we've had a couple CAFer's in here demanding that a
"moderator" kick someone off the "board" or kill a thread, until we
point out to them that this is a world-wide unmoderated Usenet
newsgroup, not their private sandbox.

Do they have a separate forum now that's just for CAF posters, or have
they removed the Usenet portal entirely?

--
Scott Gardner

"A conclusion is the place where you get tired of thinking." (Arthur Bloch)

Tony F

"Do they have a separate forum now that's just for CAF posters, or have they
removed the Usenet portal entirely?"

No...it's still there. Go to the home page and it's on the top under
"UseNet gateway".

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Jethro

Scott Gardner Wrote:
I thought CAF's "bulletin board" was just a portal to this newsgroup.
I know that we've had a couple CAFer's in here demanding that a
"moderator" kick someone off the "board" or kill a thread, until we
point out to them that this is a world-wide unmoderated Usenet
newsgroup, not their private sandbox.

Do they have a separate forum now that's just for CAF posters, or have
they removed the Usenet portal entirely?

--
Scott Gardner

"A conclusion is the place where you get tired of thinking." (Arthur
Bloch)

CAF is how I get here. I do hang out there quite a bit... though
sometimes I wonder why. I really hate seeing the perpetuation of audio
myths, so I do my best to help out those misinformed newbies who pop
through there. There is currently a core group of contributors that are
fairly knowledgable, but they can be a bit abrasive sometimes. Some of
the regulars get a little hung up on have Kw's of power for daily
driving SQ systems... something I just don't get.

The administrator over at CAF had to put up a notice in one of the
forums about posting over here on rec.audio.car... it seems some of the
juvenile delinquents were straying over here, thinking it was another
CAF forum, and basically making an arse of themselves... now they hang
out in their own 'sandbox' called 'Waste of Time'.

Anyway, that's the lowdown on CAF.

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

bob wald

I come on here.give you great ideas to improve your stereos..all i get
is complaints....
That clarion eq will beat most of your $100+eqs ez.the 7v rca.will beat
yours i know.
I know 7band isnt great.but it might be enough to get by.like i told the
stores selling these eqs.id like a 9band if possible.
but i can get by with 7bands.
If you got a 15 band with regular rca output.no power with them.the
clarion is better......

MZ

"bob wald" wrote in message
I come on here.give you great ideas to improve your stereos..all i get
is complaints....
That clarion eq will beat most of your $100+eqs ez.the 7v rca.will beat
yours i know.

My RCAs are over 10v. I win.

Scott Gardner

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:32:41 -0400, "MZ"
wrote:

"bob wald" wrote in message
I come on here.give you great ideas to improve your stereos..all i get
is complaints....
That clarion eq will beat most of your $100+eqs ez.the 7v rca.will beat
yours i know.

My RCAs are over 10v. I win.

Never mind the fact that Bob still hasn't presented any evidence that
high-voltage preamp output provide any detectable advantages. His two
claims so far, that high preamp voltage puts less stress on the head
unit and will compensate for a weak battery, are laughable at best.
Quite simply, he's bought into the "more must be better" marketing
bull****, like a good little consumer sheep.

--
Scott Gardner

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds."

bob wald

10v..lol is too much 90% of amps cant handle it.

bob wald

ive read at several places higher volts push your amp more.making it
perform better.Now why would a seller push a $75 eq over this $149 ones
if it isnt true????
doh.

MZ

"bob wald" wrote in message
10v..lol is too much 90% of amps cant handle it.

Yeah, but it makes up for my car battery which is starting to crap out.

bbballrrt06

Jethro Wrote:
Compared to some of the 16 year old 'I want to set off car alarms with
my subs' newbies that roams through there, yes; he may be an upgrade...
but that's about it...

i take offense to that.. kind of. im 17 and believe the *ability* to
set off car alarms is cool.. does this put me in that category?

--
bbballrrt06
bbballrrt06's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34278

Jethro

bbballrrt06 Wrote:
i take offense to that.. kind of. im 17 and believe the *ability* to
set off car alarms is cool.. does this put me in that category?

Yes. It does. Eventually the need for attention goes away and you grow
out of that stage... then you start caring about accurately producing
music... either that or you start hitting SPL comps and winning
trophies instead of setting off car alarms.

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

Chris Mullins

yea i think it does....

"bbballrrt06" wrote in message
news:1129348634.98bccd361f6b6ac346280d42c750ddfb@t eranews...

Jethro Wrote:
Compared to some of the 16 year old 'I want to set off car alarms with
my subs' newbies that roams through there, yes; he may be an upgrade...
but that's about it...

i take offense to that.. kind of. im 17 and believe the *ability* to
set off car alarms is cool.. does this put me in that category?

--
bbballrrt06
bbballrrt06's Profile:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34278
View this thread:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

Kirby

Even with 1 volt Pre-outs, your amp is still made to be pushed as far as it
can go.. Only difference is that with your 7 volt pre-outs, you'll distort
the amp faster.. therefor performing worse.. What bull**** support do you
have for your theories?

"bob wald" wrote in message
ive read at several places higher volts push your amp more.making it
perform better.Now why would a seller push a $75 eq over this $149 ones
if it isnt true????
doh.

Kirby

Ya know, I too am 17 years old, but I've never felt the need to set off car
alarms. Even with many opportunites to buy a "fart-cannon" which will also
set off alarms, I chose the more expensive route and bought an OEM exaust
for my car. As for my stereo, well I've been having my focus on upgrading my
speakers and mid-range amplifier.. So I dont think that this applies to
everyone..

"Jethro" wrote in message
news:1129349240.00305bc4b248e54b36d541a30c014aad@t eranews...

Yes. It does. Eventually the need for attention goes away and you grow
out of that stage...

Jethro

Kirby Wrote:
Ya know, I too am 17 years old, but I've never felt the need to set off
car
alarms... So I dont think that this applies to
everyone..
[/color]

Obviously it does NOT apply to everyone... there were two conditions
required to meet whatever criteria I described... number one was being
young, and number two was the desire to set off car alarms with your
subwoofers... if only one of those two applies to you, then whatever
statement I made does NOT apply to you.

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

Scott Gardner

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:08:14 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

10v..lol is too much 90% of amps cant handle it.

Just about any amp out there will handle 10V just fine - you just have
to turn down the input gain on the amplifier. Depending on the
particular amp, using 10V preouts might mean that you won't have a
very wide range of adjustment on the input gain before you start
clipping the amp, but it will work just fine, and you'll still be able
to drive the amp to its maximum power.

It helps if you understand the several stages of amplification that
take place in your car stereo system. I'll use a system with a CD
player as an example. The laser reads the digital information from
the disc, and the digital-to-analog converter changes it to a
low-voltage analog signal (somewhere around a few millivolts). Then,
the preamplifier in the head unit amplifies it to the preout voltage,
like 0.7V, 2V, 7V or whatever.

Then, the input gain control of the amplifier increases the voltage
even more, and feeds it to the amplification stage. The amplification
stage then does the final amplification, and gives you your 200W or
whatever the maximum is that the amp is designed to produce.

Let's do an example using some easy numbers. These numbers aren't
necessarily exactly what you'd find in an amplifier - I'm just picking
them to make the math easy:

Let's say that the amplification stage of your amp can only produce a
maximum of 200W, and to produce that 200W, it needs an input to the
amplification stage of 20V. Assume that your head unit can only put
out a maximum of 2V. To drive your amplifier to its max power, you
need to adjust the input gain on the amplifier to raise the 2V preout
voltage up to the 20V that the amplification stage needs. This is a
"gain factor" of 10.

If you use the same amp, but your head unit (or EQ) has 10V preouts,
you need to turn the amplifier input gain factor down to 2, so that
the 10V preout voltage gets increased to the 20V that the
amplification stage needs to provide its full 200W.

So, even with the 10V preouts, the amp is still only producing its
maximum 200W. In fact, since the amplification stage of the amp is
still seeing the same 20V that it saw before, it has no idea whether
you have 2V, 7V, or 10V preouts.

In conclusion, if you have high-voltage preouts, all that means is
that you're going to have to turn the amplifier input gain down so
that you keep the maximum voltage to the amplification stage constant.
Higher preout voltages won't let your amp produce any more clean power
than low-voltage preouts, and any increase in the signal-to-noise
ratio from using higher preout voltages is theoretical at best.

--
Scott Gardner

"After things go from bad to worse, the cycle will repeat itself."

bob wald

haHA distort faster at 7v...thats funny.itd mean the opposite....Also i
may buy a cassette player
now i got great eq.itll sound just like cd on chrome tape......
i know tapes break sometimes....but sometimes it takes that to make you
move on to other music...lol
if my tapes of duran duran,run dmc,prince,besty boys didnt break id
still only listen to those.

robyncboyd

bob wald Wrote:
I come on here.give you great ideas to improve your stereos..all i get
is complaints....

Bob, please go into the kitchen, obtain an icepick, and insert it into
your temple ASAP

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153

bob wald

rob? i dont hear no great audio advice from you????? doh

Chris Mullins

bob i don't reckon' nobody ain't heard no great or good avice from you
neither.

"bob wald" wrote in message
rob? i dont hear no great audio advice from you????? doh

bbballrrt06

Jethro Wrote:
Yes. It does. Eventually the need for attention goes away and you grow
out of that stage... then you start caring about accurately producing
music... either that or you start hitting SPL comps and winning
trophies instead of setting off car alarms.

Ability.. not actually doing it.. i promise you any SPL winners have
the ability to set off car alarms...

--
bbballrrt06
bbballrrt06's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34278
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

bob wald

any1 know where alpine is sold cheap???
If you wanna look down on others go alpine decks.lol

robyncboyd

Bob, you ****nut. I've seen what equipment you think is good. Pssssst,
you're a joke man.

I know you've got to be kidding. No one can be as dumb as you come
across.

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228201

robyncboyd

B O B , S H U T T H E F V C K U P M A N ! I ' M B E G G
I N G Y O U !

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228225

bob wald

rob..i'm thinking about trying ALPINE.....i know its not your
legacy-kraco gear you got.but

robyncboyd

H E Y B O B ! S T F U !

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228229

Hvilla

at onlinecarstereo.com and sonicelectronics.com

--
Hvilla
Hvilla's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=37391

bob wald

no it wouldnt if you stay under 60% power.And you should do that
anyway.idiot

bob wald

ive been looking over alpine....
one day....
i dont think you understand alpine.its not just a hunk of lil parts put
together.
when you buy alpine you buying the idea.you understand the upper class n
you know n respect classy stuff.its like fine art. youll be a member of
a limited group.
now i think about it.why am i trying to explain it to you.you cant
understand.
all of you are worried about how cheap you bought your stuff.assuming
its not stolen.

Scott Gardner

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:26:23 GMT, "Kirby"
wrote:

The amp will distort faster you ****ing moron.

As long as he lowers the input gain on his amp to compensate for the
increased preamp voltage from the EQ, then his amp won't clip/distort
any earlier OR later than it did before.
--
Scott Gardner

"When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's sometimes hard to remember that your original mission was to drain the swamp."

robyncboyd

Yes, yes it does. It makes you a ****ing tool. :thup:

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=228076

Chris Mullins

i think he meant that with the higher preamp voltage it'll be clipping
earlier with the gains, since most people don't know how to set their gains
its better to have lower preamps. There's been at least half a dozen people
i've heard of blowing their subs cause it wouldn't hold the power from their
amps they think the gain is a power setting so they want all the power they
can get

wrote:

The amp will distort faster you ****ing moron.

As long as he lowers the input gain on his amp to compensate for the
increased preamp voltage from the EQ, then his amp won't clip/distort
any earlier OR later than it did before.
--
Scott Gardner

"When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's sometimes hard to remember
that your original mission was to drain the swamp."

Scott Gardner

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 09:01:10 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

ive been looking over alpine....
one day....
i dont think you understand alpine.its not just a hunk of lil parts put
together.
when you buy alpine you buying the idea.you understand the upper class n
you know n respect classy stuff.its like fine art. youll be a member of
a limited group.
now i think about it.why am i trying to explain it to you.you cant
understand.
all of you are worried about how cheap you bought your stuff.assuming
its not stolen.

This is strange - for someone that spends so much time trashing the
traditional "high-end" gear, you seem to have bought into the Alpine
"mystique" lock, stock and barrel.

Alpine makes good gear, but it's hardly exclusive or "limited" (unless
you figure that they're "limited" by the number of pieces they can
crank off of the assembly line each year).

And let's face it, even their top-of-the-line CD head unit, the
CDA-9855, can be bought all day for less than $350, so it's not like
you have to mortgage your house to buy one. You can spend more than
that if you get one of the in-dash LCD screen units that plays DVD's,
but the same is true of Clarion, Pioneer, or any of the other
companies. Alpine prices are really much more in-line with the rest
of the industry than they were fifteen or twenty years ago.

Alpine has tried for a long time to emphazise the "European" look and
feel of their units, but they're just another Japanese electronics
company - as good as most and better than some.

--
Scott Gardner

"If you're happy and you know it, clunk your chains."