On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:03:21 GMT, Patrick Turner
wrote:

Phil Allison has the stupidity to say .........

"She has the stupidity to appear with a ridiculous SS design on her own site."

Now Bill, the link to her website is

http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/zeus-toroid-amp-1.htm

there is no SS design on her website, what it says is OS, and it is
a key to put on a keyboard to replace the windows sign. Her thinking
is that the keyboards that she has designed can also be used by MAC
and linux users.

I've deleted the outpourings of the mentally sick Phil.

The lady uses one input transformer, a pair of power mosfets,
and one output transformer.

I haven't noticed the parts of her site that are devoted to keyboard design.

Patrick Turner.

And what a strange bitch she is!!

No feedback!

No caps!!

Just ****ing transformers!!

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

Ayn Marx

Patrick Turner wrote:
Geoff wrote:

If we pretend Phil doesn't exist, will he stop posting?

no.

Will we even care if he doesn't, since in our minds he is nobody?

depends.

I think any acknowledgement directed at him is positive reinforcement
for him to continue as he is, sick or not... the best thing we can do
is ignore him and hope he visits a shrink.

And we give him reason to visit.

You're all wrong! What Phil really needs is a little morning glory.

Morning Glory Interconnects

Seller: Bocchino Technologies Listing ID: 37 Price: $ 2,350
Shipping to: Worldwide Date Listed: 6/24 Times viewed: 304
Member: gpanda Location:
West End, NA Australia Zip Code: 4101
Phone:
(075) 474-3149
Description

The Morning Glory interconnect cable from Bocchino Audio is a radical
approach to wire and cable construction.
The quality of audio reproduced is so far ahead of any cable ever
offered by any other previous design that there are no words than can
describe just how enjoyable and easy music becomes to listen to. There
is no 'grain' often complained of in cables.There is no perceptible
smearing of the acoustic holographic image location and there is a
better portrayal of image depth and 3D acoustic space! Clearly defined
spatial cues of the performance venue are more discernible giving a
"nearly there" feeling when listening.
Cables are brand new and made to order for any length with shipping
included to almost any destination in the world.

If we can only pursuade him to plug them into the correct place
(orifice?), keeping in mind directionality whilst reciting the
appropriate incantations, hell surely be cured.

Further audiophool spells are to be had @
http://www.hificlassifieds.com/

TT

"Ayn Marx" wrote in message
oups.com...
:

:
: You're all wrong! What Phil really needs is a little
morning glory.
:
: Morning Glory Interconnects
:

Nah! The sound is "Hard On" the ears and creates "Standing
Waves" requiring the "Erection" of "Absorbent" material.
Quite "Handy" though for those DIY fellows out there who
enjoy "Mass Debates".

Can I get a journo job at a hi-fi rag now? ;-)

Cheers TT (VPI HW16.5)

Ayn Marx

TT wrote:

Can I get a journo job at a hi-fi rag now? ;-)

No, first you must learn how to subtley hint to manufactures that if
they advertize they'll get a good review.

Cheers TT (VPI HW16.5)

........................does that mean you took the plunge?

TT

"Ayn Marx" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: TT wrote:
:
: Can I get a journo job at a hi-fi rag now? ;-)
:
: No, first you must learn how to subtley hint to
manufactures that if
: they advertize they'll get a good review.
:
: Cheers TT (VPI HW16.5)
:
: .......................does that mean you took the plunge?
:
Yep :-) Be here today or first thing tomorrow.

TT

Ayn Marx

TT wrote:
"Ayn Marx" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: TT wrote:
:
: Can I get a journo job at a hi-fi rag now? ;-)
:
: No, first you must learn how to subtley hint to
manufactures that if
: they advertize they'll get a good review.
:
: Cheers TT (VPI HW16.5)
:
: .......................does that mean you took the plunge?
:
Yep :-) Be here today or first thing tomorrow.

Congratulations, You're addicted. You may now join the ranks of The
Luddite Vinyl lunatics but don't forget to try putting some of that
black stuff onto CD-R and tell me if you hear any degradation. Usually
I don't.

Patrick Turner

wrote:

Phil Allison has the stupidity to say .........

"She has the stupidity to appear with a ridiculous SS design on her own site."

Now Bill, the link to her website is

http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/zeus-toroid-amp-1.htm

there is no SS design on her website, what it says is OS, and it is
a key to put on a keyboard to replace the windows sign. Her thinking
is that the keyboards that she has designed can also be used by MAC
and linux users.

I've deleted the outpourings of the mentally sick Phil.

The lady uses one input transformer, a pair of power mosfets,
and one output transformer.

I haven't noticed the parts of her site that are devoted to keyboard design.

Patrick Turner.

And what a strange bitch she is!!

No feedback!

But you are wrong.

There is feedback because the output mosfets are
connected as source followers, and just like a cathode follower,
its a case of about 20dB of series voltage NFB, similar
in effect to what we'd do in a pentode amp.

No caps!!

Not needed.

Just ****ing transformers!!

Tube ppl use transformers all the time without compromising the sound.

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

And you just can't stand a bright resourceful woman.

Grow up, and be a real man.

Patrick Turner.

Mark Harriss

I suspect the poster is Phil again, Patrick
Andre Jute

And what a strange bitch she is!!

And what a foulmouthed little creepy-crawlie you are, Bobby Robbie. And
how dull your mind is.

No feedback!

And an ignorant little twerp besides. Now write on the blackboard one
hundred times: A MOSFET CONNECTED AS A SOURCE FOLLOWER IS THE SS
EQUIVALENT OF A TUBE CONNECTED AS A CATHODE FOLLOWER. A CATHODE
FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. A CATHODE FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE
FEEDBACK. A CATHODE FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. A CATHODE
FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

No caps!!

No brains at Bobby Robbie! Capacitors colour the sound.

Just ****ing transformers!!

Mo' iron is betta iron!

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

I really hope you're trying to send us up, Bobby Robbie, because if you
aren't you will spend a lonely lifetime with just your hand for
company.

You're an ingrate, Bobby Robbie, especially after Ms Parker went to the
trouble of showing how you can copy her amp with mains toroidals you
could afford out of the lunch money you take off the smaller kids at
your school in a single day.

Simplicity is true genius. Me, I'm ready to declare Ms Parker a genius.
That gaincard guy must be eating his heart out.

Andre Jute

PS This thread is already so unpleasant that there is no reason for me
to resist observing that if Stewart Pinkerton had any brains, when he
challenged me to a design contest he would have offered something like
Ms Parker's amp instead of the unbuilt, untested, badly conceived
travesty of an amp he did offer. But then I observe that Ms Parker was
properly educated, and has a good mind with lots of lateral motion, and
we can see she builds what she designs and develops it properly. If we
could persuade such an original thinker to contribute to RAT, our
intercourse would be hugely enriched. (Pun intended, made to show
congenital idiots like Bobby Robbie how one can be an amusing male
chauvinist pig.) But of course she won't come, precisely because of the
nastiness here. RAT is really its own worst enemy.

paul packer

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:30:14 -0400, wrote:

So THAT'S it! You think you are GOD!!

And all this time I thought you were just a minion...

He is, but not one of God's!

Patrick Turner

Andre Jute wrote:

wrote:
[...]

The only down side of the Parker topology is the input impedance.

She uses an input transformer to get 1Vrms of input transformed to 20Vrms
to apply to the high impedance gates of the mosfet source follower stage.

Thus the IPT has an impedance ratio of 1:400, so if the
R across the secondary is 100k, then this appears as only 250 ohms at the
input.
If you care to examine Ms parker's exact figures, you will see that her amp

is indeeed a low input impedance amp.
Thus the drive impedance from a CD player woulds also need to be very low.

Using a tube preamp or passive switched resistance or 10k pot would be out
of the question.
But a switched transformer attenuator would be OK, since if it was in the
-20dB position for most of the time there is a 10:1 TR reduction ratio, so
a 100:1 ZR,
so that 250 ohms would appear at the tranny attenuator input as 25k, and
able to easily be powered by just about anything.

The trouble with all these trannies trying to keep the bandwdth wide and
tranny
distortion low, somewhat problematical in signal trannies unless ppl
know how to use mixtures of perhaps mu-metal, nickel, and GOSS.

The taste of such materials is a bitter metallic one but to those with
perserverance
and equipped with the idea of reducing active devices to a miniumum,
then the experimental wind and try or suck it and see is a fair way to get
good performance.

Ms Parker has some samples of Sowter wound transformers woth quadrifilar
windings and cores of 50% nickel.

Methinks that in the case of the IPT, why not make it a tapped IPT
that can itself be used as the attenuator device?

Its a lot more work of course, but the cost of a Billington tranny
attenuator
is horrendous, so best thing is to eliminate the need to have such a
device.

PS This thread is already so unpleasant that there is no reason for me
to resist observing that if Stewart Pinkerton had any brains, when he
challenged me to a design contest he would have offered something like
Ms Parker's amp instead of the unbuilt, untested, badly conceived
travesty of an amp he did offer. But then I observe that Ms Parker was
properly educated, and has a good mind with lots of lateral motion, and
we can see she builds what she designs and develops it properly. If we
could persuade such an original thinker to contribute to RAT, our
intercourse would be hugely enriched. (Pun intended, made to show
congenital idiots like Bobby Robbie how one can be an amusing male
chauvinist pig.) But of course she won't come, precisely because of the
nastiness here. RAT is really its own worst enemy.

I doubt we would ever see Sue partake in discussions here or anyplace on
the web.

She wouldn't last an hour without being intellectually raped and bashed by
every mysogenist from miles around.

Patrick Turner.

Bret Ludwig

Most of us are not misogynists, we are realists. A female who _really
can_ do the job will be respected although there will be a little
hazing at first. That's just the way it is.

Electronics for _entertaimnent_ is mostly a guy thing though. Women
engineers I know won't touch it off the job.

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:30:27 GMT, Patrick Turner
wrote:

And what a strange bitch she is!!

No feedback!

But you are wrong.

Sorry Sherlock - not my words!!!

Go read the site again, you blind fool!

The top of her page reads - and I quote:

Zeus Power Amplifier
A Zero Feedback Power Amplifier
"The perfect amplifier is wire with gain"

Missed my point, didn't you?!?!

There is feedback because the output mosfets are
connected as source followers, and just like a cathode follower,
its a case of about 20dB of series voltage NFB, similar
in effect to what we'd do in a pentode amp.

Yes!!

No caps!!

Not needed.

My point! Who cares!!?? She puts it like its important!!

Just ****ing transformers!!

But she has transformers - inductance!!

She has no capacitive reactance but she does have inductive reactance!

Which is worse!?

Tube ppl use transformers all the time without compromising the sound.

Ya, for guitar amps! Proper SS amps behave better then tube transformer amps
regardless of what the audiofools say!

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

And you just can't stand a bright resourceful woman.

I love intelligent, honest women!!

She ain't one of them!!

She is an audiofool con artist!

Grow up, and be a real man.

Patrick Turner.

A real man? What a chauvinist dinosaur you are!!

On 1 Sep 2005 04:03:37 -0700, "Andre Jute" wrote:

wrote:
And what a strange bitch she is!!

And what a foulmouthed little creepy-crawlie you are, Bobby Robbie. And
how dull your mind is.

I think you GOT THAT BACKWARDS little man who uses lots of caps because of his
small penis syndrome!

No feedback!

And an ignorant little twerp besides. Now write on the blackboard one
hundred times: A MOSFET CONNECTED AS A SOURCE FOLLOWER IS THE SS
EQUIVALENT OF A TUBE CONNECTED AS A CATHODE FOLLOWER. A CATHODE
FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. A CATHODE FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE
FEEDBACK. A CATHODE FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. A CATHODE
FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

Not my words, Sherlock!!

Go read the site again, Mr. ILLITERATE FOOL!!

Read the TOP of her site, as well as the advert blurb, and I QUOTE:

* * *

Zeus Power Amplifier
A Zero Feedback Power Amplifier
"The perfect amplifier is wire with gain"

* * *

No feedback is zero, is it not?

No caps!!

No brains at Bobby Robbie! Capacitors colour the sound.

Actually, no, they don't, unless they are too small... but yes, they do a bit,
in lots of amps, but my point, which you missed, was that she HAS INDUCTORS
WHICH MOST CERTAINLY GUARRENTEED COLOR THE SOUND!

Just ****ing transformers!!

Mo' iron is betta iron!

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

I really hope you're trying to send us up, Bobby Robbie, because if you
aren't you will spend a lonely lifetime with just your hand for
company.

OK I admit to GOING OVERBOARD on this one because it's so funny, but hey, you
did miss all my points!

You're an ingrate, Bobby Robbie, especially after Ms Parker went to the
trouble of showing how you can copy her amp with mains toroidals you
could afford out of the lunch money you take off the smaller kids at
your school in a single day.

Hey that's good, can I use it?

Simplicity is true genius. Me, I'm ready to declare Ms Parker a genius.
That gaincard guy must be eating his heart out.

I think that if you think she is a genius they you don't know quite as much as
you think you do!

Andre Jute

PS This thread is already so unpleasant that there is no reason for me
to resist observing that if Stewart Pinkerton had any brains, when he
challenged me to a design contest he would have offered something like
Ms Parker's amp instead of the unbuilt, untested, badly conceived
travesty of an amp he did offer. But then I observe that Ms Parker was
properly educated, and has a good mind with lots of lateral motion, and
we can see she builds what she designs and develops it properly. If we
could persuade such an original thinker to contribute to RAT, our
intercourse would be hugely enriched. (Pun intended, made to show
congenital idiots like Bobby Robbie

OOPs now you went too far, since I proved that you are wrong and I was right,
why don't you go eat **** and die?

I mean, you can't even ****in READ let alone understand any technology!

Stewart Pinkerton makes you look like a toy!

Say, why not eat Phils **** and die faster?

Phil Allison

And what a strange bitch she is!!

No feedback!

No caps!!

Just ****ing transformers!!

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

** The issue that I raised with the Turneroid ****wit was where Ms Dopey
Parker describes one version of the Zeus as using " Lateral FETS ".

http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/zeus-t...9-fft-1khz.htm

Well, the 2SK1529s are not laterals.

So she does not know the difference, the Turneroid ****wit also does not
know and refuses to even look at the data.

Cos I insulted the women he loves ...........

Poor love sick puppy.

........... Phil

wrote:
And what a strange bitch she is!!

And what a foulmouthed little creepy-crawlie you are, Bobby Robbie. And
how dull your mind is.

No feedback!

And an ignorant little twerp besides. Now write on the blackboard one
hundred times: A MOSFET CONNECTED AS A SOURCE FOLLOWER IS THE SS
EQUIVALENT OF A TUBE CONNECTED AS A CATHODE FOLLOWER. A CATHODE
FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. A CATHODE FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE
FEEDBACK. A CATHODE FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. A CATHODE
FOLLOWER APPLIES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

Hey dumbass!!

It was your girlfriend that said no feedback!!

Your GENIOUS BITCH!!

Why do you call your genius bitch "an ignorant little twerp besides"

??

OH MY GOD!!!

PHIL WAS RIGHT!

YOU ARE ALL IGNORANT STUPID ****ING ASSHOLES IN HERE!!!!!!!!!

YOU ****-MORONS ARE STUPIDER THEN THE RETARDS IN ALT.GUITAR.AMPS!!!!!!!!

****, I'm outa here... think I'll go hang out with the drummer group, where
there are more brains...

wrote:

And what a strange bitch she is!!

No feedback!

But you are wrong.

There is feedback because the output mosfets are
connected as source followers, and just like a cathode follower,
its a case of about 20dB of series voltage NFB, similar
in effect to what we'd do in a pentode amp.

You are wrong??

YOU ARE WRONG??????

I think Robbie is right...

I think you are an idiot...

I think "no feedback" are the words of your girlfriend...

You are illiterate...

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:35:03 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

And what a strange bitch she is!!

No feedback!

No caps!!

Just ****ing transformers!!

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

** The issue that I raised with the Turneroid ****wit was where Ms Dopey
Parker describes one version of the Zeus as using " Lateral FETS ".

http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/zeus-t...9-fft-1khz.htm

Well, the 2SK1529s are not laterals.

So she does not know the difference, the Turneroid ****wit also does not
know and refuses to even look at the data.

Cos I insulted the women he loves ...........

Poor love sick puppy.

.......... Phil

At least you were smart enough to read AND UNDERSTAND the points I made... She
spews the typical audiofool line... I'm surprised she doesn't have cloth covered
green hookup wire...!!!

Now, her amp may be nice, might sound like an old 6L6 interstage coupled amp,
but it isn't state of the art!

More like state of the 70s amateur build!!

I'll keep my TECHNICS HOME THEATER for now!!!

Patrick Turner

Phil is still very mentally sick.

I wonder if he got the appointment
with his shrink last week.

Patrick Turner.

Phil Allison wrote:

And what a strange bitch she is!!

No feedback!

No caps!!

Just ****ing transformers!!

What a dumb audiofool bitch!

** The issue that I raised with the Turneroid ****wit was where Ms Dopey
Parker describes one version of the Zeus as using " Lateral FETS ".

http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/zeus-t...9-fft-1khz.htm

Well, the 2SK1529s are not laterals.

So she does not know the difference, the Turneroid ****wit also does not
know and refuses to even look at the data.

Cos I insulted the women he loves ...........

Poor love sick puppy.

.......... Phil

Bret Ludwig

Now, her amp may be nice, might sound like an old 6L6 interstage coupled amp,
but it isn't state of the art!

More like state of the 70s amateur build!!

In the 70s the hobbyists, what few there were, were building Ampzillas
and Tigersauruses, solid state amps that were actually good measuring
until they blew up.

Poor attempt at slam.

On 3 Sep 2005 16:10:34 -0700, "Bret Ludwig" wrote:

Now, her amp may be nice, might sound like an old 6L6 interstage coupled amp,

but it isn't state of the art!

More like state of the 70s amateur build!!

In the 70s the hobbyists, what few there were, were building Ampzillas
and Tigersauruses, solid state amps that were actually good measuring
until they blew up.

I was building tube amps and simple PA SS circuits, mostly those darlington
quasy output things... I did build a Lil Tiger once, it blew up... then I
started to design my own... or just used modules. they blew up too...

SWTPC was good for "paper designs", but they knew **** about the real world of
audio... I had to re-design and modify most of their audio kits.

Most work I did in the 70s was as a freelance audio 'guy'... did everything from
re-wire bad PA installations, to building mic pre's and mixers... and speaker
boxes sometimes... even did field recording with an old Dokorder! I should try
to find that old 4 channel tape...

But Tubes rule! and audiofools suck!