Default 76

I understand that the 76 is a fine sounding tube. If I were to pick for
a pre-amp project between some 76 or some early 6J5G, which would be
preferable - I have plenty of sockets for either one.

Thanks Hendrik

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

One channel of each!

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Jeff Goldsmith

The octal equivalent of 76 is 6P5-G, wire for 6P5 and you can swap in
6J5, they have the same base connections.

I think 76 is the better tube. Particularly with a high impedance
source. Lower Rp and Cgp.

Jeff Goldsmith