intimidatorno3ca

Default !Help! any Idea what's wrong!

I have put in a system in my 1987 Chrysler LeBaron It has Clairon 3.5's
in my dash Pioneer 5.25's 6x9' and a 12" 300W sub in the trunk. My 6x9's
are amped by a Kicker 50si and the sub is amped by a Kenwood 300W amp.
With a JVC KD-6S90 head unit w/ one preout the amps are Y-connected to
this pre out and the entire system is wired with 8 guage from battery to
sub amp.

Ok now for my problem. When I power up my system the sub amp turns on
for a few seconds then powers down. While my 6x9 amp keeps running.
When I disconnect the 6x9 amp from the power splitter the sub amp works
fine. My co-workers think I might need to up-grade the main power wire to
4 guage.

Would this work? Or should I go see a professional in the Windsor Ontario
Canada area for this?

Any answers or suggestions (Except for get a new car. Cuz I can't afford
one yet) would be greatly aprecieated.

Thanks

intimidatorno3ca
Trixter

First of all I would try connecting just the sub amp and see if it still
does it. If it works then the power wire upgrade may fix it. If not
check the wires and make sure that they are all correct. Also you may
want to check out the remote line and make sure it is good and solid
form the HU to the amp.

If there is no power at all I would suspect the remote line or the amp
it self. I find it kinda doubtful that the amp would have no power at
all. Fuse at the bat., 4g wire back to a fused distribution block, and
8g wires to the amp should be your set up anyways. This would be a
first thing on my list.

Another thing you may want to do is check the gain setting. Turn it all
the way down and see if that fixes the problem. The amp may be clipping
out and going into protection mode.

--
Trixter