Posted to rec.audio.pro
John John is offline

Default Need to Hire a MIDI Guru for Best Piano Setup

I am NEW to all of this stuff........basically I am looking for the
"best" possible setup to record my next album with. I want to do this
entirely with samples if possible.

If I need to hire someone to get me setup, I am willing to do
so......for starters here are some questions:

1. Anyone have opinions on the Kawai 9500 for action? Is it at all
similar to a C7?

2. Has anyone ever recorded a piano album using samples? How did it
turn out? Can I buy it to listen to it and could you share your setup?

3. Is it at all possible to get the sound from George Winstons Plains
album (not the string plucking) - that bright sort of "far-off" sound?
Giga Piano through a compressor with some room modeling?? (completely
guessing).

here are album excerpts from the album I am talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Plains-George-...397564?ie=UTF8

any help you can provide is immensely appreciated!!!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kevin T Kevin T is offline

John wrote:
[...]

Check

http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/u...=0;DaysPrune=0
or
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...?s=&forumid=18

Lots of high end Kawai Yam Kurz Roland IVORY , RECEPTOR sampled piano
Geeks

Kevin T

Posted to rec.audio.pro
kittonian kittonian is offline

Stealing Heather's album "6 Minutes to Somewhere" is heavily
piano/keyboard oriented. All of the sounds were generated using an
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 with the sustain pedal and SampleTank 2XL.
There were however quite a few things done in the mix that made it all
sound more realistic (i.e. SPL's Transient Designer 4, Neve 1073's, and
a nice fat analog console with real EMT plate reverbs were used).

I know that live they also use a Kurzweil K2000r to generate the
keyboard/piano sounds.

The album is available on CDBaby and on iTunes. I think it sounds great.