Default Linkwitz Orion Open Baffle Loudspeaker System Forsale!!!!

I am selling my 90% completed Orion Loudspeaker Kit on eBay.

From the website:

The ORION is my proudest design accomplishment. It is a loudspeaker
that deserves to be in a music lover's home. "True to the original" has
been my guiding principle and this speaker lets you experience music as
it has been captured in the making. I have achieved my dream of
building a speaker that excels sonically, yet does so without being
large in size.

The ORION is a speaker with seamless integration over the whole
frequency range, a speaker that sets up a wide, deep and tall sound
stage, yet with realistic localization of instruments and voices, with
clarity and warmth, with speed and impact. For well recorded material,
the speakers disappear and what remains is a panorama of sound and a
deeply satisfying experience of music.

As rewarding as the ORION is for critical listening from the "sweet
spot" - inherent to 2-channel playback - it is equally enjoyable for
casual listening from any place in the house. This is the result of its
wide and uniform dispersion of sound and its nearly flat power
response. The ORION is an open baffle speaker or dipole radiator and so
it radiates sound to front and back, but not to sides and top. Yet
placement of the ORION is not critical as long as it has breathing room
around it, such as a distance of at least four feet from the wall
behind it and two feet from the walls on its side. The listening space
should have normally live acoustics. No special acoustic treatment is
required, just the normal "stuff of life" with which you surround
yourself. The ORION was designed to fit that type of environment, while
conventional box speakers and panel type dipole radiators often need
unsightly sound absorbers and diffusers to optimize their response at
the sweet spot.

And there is an aspect to the ORION that might be of particular benefit
to apartment or condominium dwellers who are concerned about disturbing
their neighbors by transmitting large amounts of low frequency sound
and vibration through the walls. Thanks again to the dipole radiation
characteristic, if you listen from the sweet spot at your customary
volume level, then compared to a box speaker at the same volume level,
your neighbor will receive 5 dB less and hear the bass only half as
loud, if at all. However, since the ORION is capable of playing cleanly
at life-like levels, you might find yourself increasing your playback
level to enjoy the increased impact, articulation and timbre fidelity
that come with it. In that case invite your neighbor over to share your
pleasure.