Posted to rec.audio.pro
stv stv is offline

Default Live to ProTools... Interface choice?

I mix for a young fellow who wants to track live dates to his PT 7-
something LE on his laptop.

He's looked at the MBox 2 Pro, which has up to six inputs and also the
002 Rack which has eight.
Of course the 002 rack is much physically larger, that doesn't matter
to him, and he says he can get
them for about the same price, around $600.

I don't really have any criteria except the physical form factor. The
002 has mic preamps, but he
doesn't care about that either, he can use lines out from his live
mixer.

How to choose? Which to choose?

Many thanks,

stv
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] victor.bresse@gmail.com is offline

On Oct 15, 5:10*am, stv wrote:
I mix for a young fellow who wants to track live dates to his PT 7-
something LE on his laptop.

He's looked at the MBox 2 Pro, which has up to six inputs and also the
002 Rack which has eight.
Of course the 002 rack is much physically larger, that doesn't matter
to him, and he says he can get
them for about the same price, around $600.

I don't really have any criteria except the physical form factor. *The
002 has mic preamps, but he
doesn't care about that either, he can use lines out from his live
mixer.

How to choose? *Which to choose?

Many thanks,

stv

Digi002 have a better A/D converters, and good enouph pre-amps...
M-box is fine...
It depends on what software you want to use to mix...
And what's the outcome purpose of that mix ...
There are too many parameters to check here... And as usual budget is
a limiter...